Straight Talk wireless

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
Does anyone use this service? My contract with Verizon is up and it looks like I could save almost $20 a month by switching to straight talk. Just would like some feedback from someone who actually has this service from Walmart.

Yes. I've used it for almost five years. Never had a problem. Brought my own iPhone and bought a SIM card. I buy 90 day refill cards on eBay for $100-110 when they run extra eBay bucks. Keeps my annul cost around $400.

Thanks! Never thought about eBay for the cards, why are they so much cheaper there?

Thanks! Never thought about eBay for the cards, why are they so much cheaper there?
No clue but I've been buying them there for a while with no issue. You just send them your phone number and you get a text from straight talk saying your service has been refilled and giving you a new end date.

They also may run BF deals and two years ago they had a decent discount in December on one year of service but the eBay refills are the cheapest for me--especially if I pay using a discounted eBay gift card.

Does anyone use this service? My contract with Verizon is up and it looks like I could save almost $20 a month by switching to straight talk. Just would like some feedback from someone who actually has this service from Walmart.
I used them for 3 years with no issue. Just switched to t mobile due to free international roaming.

We use straight talk and when it works it is great. However, if you get a bad phone that needs to be replaced or something else goes wrong, they have the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. We have kept it so far because the cost really is the best around.

We’ve used straight talk for a few years now. It works really well for us. We bought unlocked iPhones though not their phones. My mom has their iPhone and service and no problems.

We use straight talk and when it works it is great. However, if you get a bad phone that needs to be replaced or something else goes wrong, they have the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. We have kept it so far because the cost really is the best around.

Yes to this entire post.

My husband and I had Straight Talk for a little over 4 years. I used it with an iPhone 5 and it was fine. Unfortunately, during year 4, my phone started having issues after a Straight Talk update to the settings. It was a complete nightmare dealing with Straight Talk’s customer service. I had never called them in 4 years so I had no idea how awful it was. Apple ended up just sending me a new phone, thankfully, but this was after 4 months (!!!) of me trying to work things out with Straight Talk. I don’t think they were intentionally giving me the run around but you can never speak to a supervisor (the representatives claim they don’t have any), and every single rep ran me through an obvious troubleshooting script and after that, they had no idea what to do. They must’ve sent me at least 12 SIM cards during the 4 month period.

With all that said, Straight Talk is a great value. We had the $45/month plan with unlimited high speed data for up to 5GBs. My phone used Verizon towers and I had no issues with dropped calls. My husband’s phone was on Sprint’s towers and he had spotty service.

We actually ended up switching to Verizon’s prepaid plan last year. We pay $1 more per month and we get less data (3GB), but when we had an issue, it was nice speaking to a customer service rep who knew what he was doing, and Verizon’s coverage is amazing - it’s the only provider we found that works in my mother in law’s neighborhood in Libby, Montana.

I switched to ST a few months ago when I needed a new phone. They had a great deal on a refurbished phone. First impression was that the customer service is really terrible. I had Net10 before and it was pretty much plug and play with the sim cards. I did not have the same experience with ST. It took an hour on the phone to get my new phone service working.

I was very unhappy with the phone I purchased (Samsung Galaxy S5). Nobody could hear me talk and it had an old operating system installed that was NOT upgradeable; this strictly because of ST, had this been an unlocked phone of the same model purchased elsewhere, the software would be upgradable. This really was a huge inconvenience because this all happened a few days before my last Disney trip and I was stuck with it. Given the old operating system, I couldn't use the My Disney Experience ap. I ended up having to carry my old phone with me and access MDE via wifi.

I sent the phone back with little hassle and got my money back. I ended up buying a Galaxy S6 from a local college kid for $80 and put a ST SIM card in it. It also was quite a pain to get it worked out with their customer service, but in the end they got it all worked out. Bringing your own phone is the way to go with Straight Talk.

As far as the service goes, I've had little problem. I had a few days where text messages were taking forever to come through or go out. I never had that happen ever in the 8 years I had Net10. I think the difference is that my Net10 phones were AT&T and my current phone is Verizon.

I would have stuck with Net10, but I couldn't buy a SIM card or any airtime cards locally. If I have any future problems with ST I will switch back. Net10 is actually about $2 less/mo for the plan I use.

We have used them for about 3 years now. We do the $55 cards and get unlimited talk/text/data. I've never had any issues with them at all. My old USCellular plan that was only 10 gigs each line for 2 lines was $225, so we save half once we switched.

My daughter has been using it for about 5 years. For $45/month she gets unlimited talk, text and 10Gb of Data. Service is excellent where she goes to college, and she had to purchase her own phone (she has the google pixel purchased directly from Google). We just buy here a new service card every 3 months. Easy peasy, no problems. That said, we never have had to deal with customer service for any reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter