• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Storybook Dining at Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)

onewishupon

Mouseketeer
My Husband and I got a last minute dinner reservation for Storybook at Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge) *by checking the app late afternoon. We were seated around 4:45PM. We were seated at a table for two by a window overlooking the pool area in the distance and beautiful Bay Lake. Our waitress was pleasant and cheery. There is a tiered leaf table with miniature lights on it. (nice touch). Lighted trees surround the room. We both got alcoholic drinks. My Husband got "The Smoking Mirror" which was a very small serving with lots of smoke in a brandy glass. I got "The Antidote" which is extremely similar to a Moscow Mule with a hint of smoke flavor which was nice. They placed the mini appetizers (2 of each type). The mushroom soup was *so* delicious (we asked our waitress for another tiny bowl each - about 2 or 3 spoonfuls of soup). It was not like campbells soup at all - it was much more delicious and heartier. Definately the hit out of the 3 apps. Unfortunately the Hunter's Pie (which I was most excited to try) was served cold! Nothing like biting into a flaky pastry crust and a cold meatball on top! LOL. That was pretty gross. They introduced Snow White over the loud speaker and there was music and she twirled around the room to the other side to start greeting guests. She made her way to our table. I have to hand it to Disney she definately looked the part! Beautiful costume and lovely. She posed with my Husband and I tooked some pictures. Then our dinner arrived. I got the "Cottage" Beef Stroganoff. It is definately a bowl of "comfort food". It was delicious, but I can't say I would order it again. Large portion of mostly Spätzle noodles. My Husband ordered the Magic Mirror's Slow-braised Pork Shank. He enjoyed it and said he would order it again. Grumpy and Dopey greeted our table one at at time. They were introduced over the loud speaker also. Grumpy is fun to interact with. I asked if he was having a bad day? He nodded and pretended to shovel (mine for jewels). LOL I said "You must be working hard." He's too fun! Dopey posed with my Husband. Dessert was placed atop our "tree" serving tray (two of each type). The Fairytale Gooseberry Tart was our favorite of the three. Tasted similar to a mini apple pie - but more tart. The other two desserts were a little too sweet for us but still nice. Lastly, we were presented a treasure box full of "smoke" and it had the "Hunters Gift to the Queen" two chocolate hearts. (they were a dark bitter chocolate, but very good). We were handed an "invitation" to go to see the Evil Queen but my Husband is not a fan of hers :rotfl2: LOL so we skipped our portrait session to head out. I'm super glad we tried it. I love Wilderness Lodge and it's fun to relax on the rocking chairs before you go in. We should have tried out Territory Lounge but missed our opportunity. My tip if you go - is try to get a reservation when it's darker outside. I think it would have added to the ambience more with all the twinkling lights. But not a major thing. For me personally, it's a "one and done". I'm super glad I tried it. Oh, you get a postcard with "signatures" on it from Snow White, Dopey, Grumpy - maybe the Evil Queen I can't recall. I always tell my Husband that if you get a postcard at the end of your meal - it means you paid too much for dinner. 😉😄

Thanks so much for the review. I have an ADR for December and am looking forward to it.

LOVE this place....the food is VERY good and the value is also good...especially when you compare the food to many comparably priced character meal restaurants.

Thank you for this review. I have it in my list for August so don’t think I’ll get to book in the dark 😩

Oh, and one other thing: You can get seconds (or thirds) for any meal! They don't advertise it but I confirmed it with our server. So, basically it really is an "all you care to enjoy" meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter