Stop the Mouse from eating my older points?

Timeflys4us

Earning My Ears
I have left over 10 Beach Club points from my Oct'22 Allotment which I have no plans to use before they expire on Sept. 30, 2024.
They have already been banked once and can't be transferred.
Is there anything I can do to prevent the Mouse from gobbling up these points?

Buy up to 24 one time use points to fill out a night for a reservation? You could rent the points but probably not worth it because of the cost of the OTU points and then broker fees. Also unable to transfer them since they've been previously banked so that's pretty much it.

Or worst case throw them into Interval International to extend their lifespan there and give yourself a couple years to decide if you want to add more in their system to make a reservation elsewhere. I don't think they have anything for 10 points but it would be like a discount on a future stay somewhere if you don't manage to rent out or use the last 10 points at Disney

I’ve good luck renting out 1 night for as low at 8 points. Locals seem to especially love AKV for a one night staycation.

Just a reminder, though, before you make a reservation and then try to rent it (if you're planning to use our Rental Board) that you wouldn't be able to offer it until 30 days prior to check-in, but you could offer them as Points for Rent and make a reservation upon the request of a potential renter. And, unfortunately, you don't have enough posts in the last 6 months to meet our criteria for free use of the board, so you'd need to at least purchase the $29.95 Silver Plan as outlined in the Required Reading thread on the rental board.

facebook twitter