Staying Near Property

Maroonag1

DisDad #730
Need help from the dads. I posted this over on the offsite attractions board and didn't get any responses. Can yall help me with any of my questions?

Kingstown Reef
We are finally going to be able to use our timeshare credits YEAH!! (I'm sorry vactionshare credits)

We have booked 7 nights at Worldmark Orlando Kingstown Reef the last week of August to take our DD's for their first trip. But now that we have that out of the way I have more questions than answers.

1) Has anyone stayed there recently? Most of the reviews I have found are 2-3 years old.

2) We are driving in from Texas so I will have my car to go back and forth to the parks, what is the best way to get on property from this section of I-Drive?

3) We have a 4 day park pass so we will need to kill at least one day out and about is there anything convenient that is cheap to do (beach day, putt-putt, etc.) We want something we cant do at home.

4) Are there any good inexpensive restaurants nearby? I looked online and there are a bunch of the same national chains that we have here but i wanted to try and have at least a couple of unique meals.

I can't wait, I am even more excited than my kids for this trip.

1) Has anyone stayed there recently? Most of the reviews I have found are 2-3 years old.

Nope...see Randall's answer.

2) We are driving in from Texas so I will have my car to go back and forth to the parks, what is the best way to get on property from this section of I-Drive?

Looking at Google Maps... Looks like if you take Int. Drive to Vineland Ave. To Hwy 535 you can pick-up I-4 Right there...

Also just past I-4 on 535 and the 2nd Light to the Left is Hotel Plaza Blvd... which Dumps you out right at DTD Marketplace. 4.6 Miles... 11 Minutes. to DTD.

3) We have a 4 day park pass so we will need to kill at least one day out and about is there anything convenient that is cheap to do (beach day, putt-putt, etc.) We want something we cant do at home.

Again DTD... Fantasia Mini Golf. Resort Hopping is fun. Checking out the Art of Animation Resort. Lots of things on International Drive too... though it's been a while since I've driven up it.

We used to take a trip to Daytona/Ormond for a Beach Day..and check out some Beach Shops and eat at Sweetwaters or Barnicles (local thing not the chain resturant)

4) Are there any good inexpensive restaurants nearby? I looked online and there are a bunch of the same national chains that we have here but i wanted to try and have at least a couple of unique meals.

I'm not adventurous enough ot try stuff I don't know allot about... Hwy 535 has a Bahama Breeze... which are "Chain" type resturants... but fairly rare... at least in my neck of the woods. I've been to one in Altanta... I liked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter