Staying in a cabin: Can we get towels for the pool before our room is ready?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
I know that the Fort Pools do not provide towels, but that if you are staying in a cabin you should bring some from your room.

We are staying at Pop Century the night before we check into the cabin, and will be going to the fort first thing in the morning (breakfast reservation at Trails End) and then spending most of the day at the fort.
If our cabin isn't ready until 3 pm, is there a way we can get towels for the pool? Thanks!

Really? I thought all the WDW properties had towels at the pools. I'm glad I found this out so I will bring extras since we are tent camping

I know that the Fort Pools do not provide towels, but that if you are staying in a cabin you should bring some from your room.

We are staying at Pop Century the night before we check into the cabin, and will be going to the fort first thing in the morning (breakfast reservation at Trails End) and then spending most of the day at the fort.
If our cabin isn't ready until 3 pm, is there a way we can get towels for the pool? Thanks!
I would pack some from home in a carry with bag to have with you until cabin is ready. plus my grandkids want their large beach towels at the pool as that is what they use a the pool at home. they hated the small towels at the one nonDisney hotel we stayed at. so I would also think about what they use at home at the pool

I would pack some from home in a carry with bag to have with you until cabin is ready. plus my grandkids want their large beach towels at the pool as that is what they use a the pool at home. they hated the small towels at the one nonDisney hotel we stayed at. so I would also think about what they use at home at the pool
Thanks. :) Unfortunately, we definitely will not be bringing towels from home since we are flying and only taking carry-ons.

When we were there last month mt brothers family forgot their towels from the cabin and asked if they had any. They did have some and said that they usually have some but not always. Maybe you could also ask at the front desk if they didn't have any maybe they could get some for you.

This doesn't directly answer your question, but I asked a similar question recently and was told there is a very good chance we'll be able to get in our cabin as soon as we arrive, even though it will be early in the morning. If that's the case, then towel problem resolved!

This doesn't directly answer your question, but I asked a similar question recently and was told there is a very good chance we'll be able to get in our cabin as soon as we arrive, even though it will be early in the morning. If that's the case, then towel problem resolved!
I've had very good luck in the past at Disney with getting my room early in the morning, but those were all in "regular" rooms. The only other time I've stayed in a cabin, I didn't arrive until after 7 pm.

For this trip, my flight arrives at 7:30, so I'm guessing with Magical Express we will arrive at Disney around 9 pm or so. Since we are arriving so late, I figured I'd save money and got a room at POP instead of the night at the cabin. I'm almost wishing I could just go straight to the cabin instead, but I've called and they can't add that night to my reservation (discounted rate.) There *IS* availability for a cabin at a non-discounted rate, so I could just make that a separate reservation and HOPE that we would be allowed to stay in the same cabin...but I'm just not sure. It would be more than $200 extra to stay that night in the cabin instead of POP, and there's no guarantee we could stay in the same cabin for the following reservation.

Really? I thought all the WDW properties had towels at the pools. I'm glad I found this out so I will bring extras since we are tent camping
That's the biggest drawback of camping at the Fort...no towel service. We brought really old, raggedy towels & just threw them away at the end of our trip, as we were only there for 5 nights (didn't want to bother with laundry) and were flying home.

will not be bringing towels from home since we are flying and only taking carry-ons
1) Ship them ahead via UPS.
2) If people are still n the cabin and not checked-out you cannot enter the cabin.

was told there is a very good chance we'll be able to get in our cabin as soon as we arrive
1) The key-and-lock system at WDW uni-directional and not bi-directional.
2) If you used your room key while the others are still there or at breakfast, their keys are automatically disabled and they are locked-out.
3) Items could turn up missing when the other guest finally would get entry into the room, and WDW would be liable.
4) This is one reason why people are not told of their room-cabin number until the room-cabin is empty and cleaned.
5) And, NO, we do not let you into the room if it has not been vacated and cleaned.
6) If still being cleaned, you cannot enter, for the safety/security of the maid/housekeeper.
7) If the cabin is empty and clean, you might be able to get in when you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter