• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stateroom help

mrsp1030

DIS Veteran
Looking at taking a 7 night fantasy cruise for family of 5. Kids ages: 7,5,2. Would you get the family verandah stateroom or two connecting oceanview category 9 for roughly same price?

Looking at taking a 7 night fantasy cruise for family of 5. Kids ages: 7,5,2. Would you get the family verandah stateroom or two connecting oceanview category 9 for roughly same price?

We are a family of 4 and are hoping to be able to book connecting inside staterooms for our cruise on the Fantasy next year. Right now we have an 8C booked but sail in a couple of weeks and want to change our ressie to connecting inside but they are selling quick! Our kids will be 11 and 12 when we sail and we think the two bathrooms will definitely be helpful.

For the 7 night I would go for the 2 cabins. More room to spread out, 2 bathrooms, 2 TV's. Room for you and your spouse to be up if kids are napping or if they go to bed early. That way you can still order room service and come and go without waking anyone up.

We are in the same position and while we originally started with a reservation for the deluxe family room, we later switched to two Nav Verandah rooms. (it was $700 cheaper, too).... We hope we don't regret losing the large open verandah, but wth kids 11, 9 and 4, we really wanted the extra space, bathroom, and the ability to have the kids in one room and us in the other at times. The trip is in October, so I will report back on how it goes!

Are your rooms next to each other? If so, your verandas can be opened up to a larger community veranda. We did that on our Dream since we had 3 consecutive rooms and two of them were adjoining. We loved being able to walk next door to visit through the verandas. One of the best part of the trips.

Amazing that you can get a veranda for cheaper! I'd say you did the right thing!

Which rooms are navigator verandahs on the Fantasy or Dream?

The Dream/Fantasy do not have the same type of cat. 7A cabins that the Magic/Wonder have. On the Dream/Fantasy the 7A's have very small verandas and are classified as the lowest veranda cabin on those ships.

Which rooms are navigator verandahs on the Fantasy or Dream?

Not really navigator verandas like Magic Class ships, more like obstructed view balconies.

7a's are located fore and aft on sides of ship on decks 5,6,7,8,9.
There are 2 directly on aft on deck 5 that have tiny balconies.

Deck plans; http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/dream-fantasy-deck-plan.htm

Exterior labeled photo; http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763&highlight=dream+special

We are a family of 4 & have sailed in connecting cabins ocean view (Fantasy & Wonder) and have sailed other times in one Family verandah cabin (Dream & Magic). From our perspective having 2 cabins was much better ::yes::. The extra space on a 7 day cruise was a God send. You can keep the connecting doors open if you wish, in case your worried about the kids in the next cabin (we did when the girls were younger).

We had the same dilemma, we are a family of 5 with three girls who will be 12, 9 and 7 on our next cruise. We booked two connecting 9B staterooms for the extra space and the extra bathroom. We don't sail until December 2014, but I think we'll be happy with this configuration.

Yes, but I *believe* the Wonder (which we are sailing on) does not have connecting verandahs... especially in the Nav category, but I don't think it has them at all. I could be wrong since I have never sailed on the Wonder before.

I was shocked when we got the two rooms cheaper than one... I knew we could do that with inside rooms, but when the price for the Nav rooms dropped and icould get two for less than one deluxe family verandah room, I jumped on it. We have never sailed with this kind of balcony before so I really hope we like it.

Yes, but I *believe* the Wonder (which we are sailing on) does not have connecting verandahs... especially in the Nav category, but I don't think it has them at all. I could be wrong since I have never sailed on the Wonder before.

I was shocked when we got the two rooms cheaper than one... I knew we could do that with inside rooms, but when the price for the Nav rooms dropped and icould get two for less than one deluxe family verandah room, I jumped on it. We have never sailed with this kind of balcony before so I really hope we like it.

On the classic ships there are verandah rooms that connect through an interior door. But none of the verandah dividers on the classics open to connect the verandahs themselves.

We are a family of 5 with kids your age. Two rooms is the way to go.

Choosing a location is the hard part for us. We need help too!

Cruising April 5 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. We are a family of 5 but want two rooms. Son age 11 is sensitive to motion. Choosing between:

1. 6608/6610, adjoining Cat 4D
2. 7548/7550, adjoining Cat 5C
3. 6534/6536, adjoining Cat 4d

All roughly within a $400-600 price difference. Tempted to go with 6608/10 but don't know if Oceaneer's Club is noisy below??? Seems to look down between lifeboats in photos I've seen on these forums.

Other choices are slightly forward but don't know if that will cause motion issues.

HELP!!!! I've spent hours researching/deciding.

Thank you!

Does anyone have experience?

Definitely the 2 rooms...you will be so glad you did! :)

We are a family of 4, dds are 9 & 12. We've done it with a deluxe family stateroom with verandah and also with 2 deluxe inside rooms...SO MUCH happier in the 2 rooms. Everyone gets a little bit of privacy plus more bathroom space! :)

'Roughly' is about 10% more.

But for a 7n, I agree, that 2x oceanview might be better than one family.

If kids were older, I'd say go for a verandah and an inside.

I agree with 2 rooms because there are 3 kids. I'm fine with a family verandah with 2 kids, but 3 would be pushing it. We have been lucky enough to score two connecting rooms once, and it was great to have so many sleeping options. My daughter and son took turns sleeping on the big bed (they love mommy's bed at home), the bunk, and the Murphy bed. It was a blast! Plus, I could take a nap, shut the connecting door, and let the kids do their own thing for a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter