State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there was a pretty major internet outage for about an hour this morning. Work for a major retailer in IT and our sites were affected. Wonder if Disney has a cached version of the site with another vendor from 2017 and that's why the site looked different.

It is. I keep an eye out for the return of FP+ because it's very helpful to us. I'm sure many others feel the same.

FP+ is huge for us, too. We’re going in November with our then-5 year old and the grandparents. We’re also going in May, when there will be 9 of us (6 adults and 3 kids). I’m dreading going with that many people and no FP.

It’s being reported that lots of other travel sites are also not working today, like Expedia. The Travel Agent side of the Disney site is also not working. I hope it’s nothing major. (I know it usually isn’t, but it’s kind of in my nature to jump to the most dire conclusion.)

True. I was trying to price flights through Expedia and Air Canada and they wouldn't work at all.

It's not cheap to stay at value resorts when you have a large family and need more beds. I agree that having to pay for FP's would definitely change the way I tour. Also, the park reservation system with having to have one for the place you eat, for us park hoppers is kind of a nightmare to figure out. We are also going to AOA in December and not knowing whether we are going to also have to figure out how to hop with 1. reservations for a park, 2. reservations for dinner at the same park, and 3. How to manage a ride system, whatever is in place, is getting to be a lot. If we don't eat at a park, it's a little easier, but when you have to figure out your transportation routes built around your reservation for the first park, yikes! Just please tell us what to expect. It would be helpful for us planners. And for the record, I love FP+.
Just want to make sure, you do know that you can book an ADR in a park that you don't have a reservation for right? Of course there is the (incredibly unlikely) chance that you won't be able to hop there, but there is no restriction as to where you can book ADRs.

Just want to make sure, you do know that you can book an ADR in a park that you don't have a reservation for right? Of course there is the (incredibly unlikely) chance that you won't be able to hop there, but there is no restriction as to where you can book ADRs.
When I read through the reservations information section, I understood it to mean you had to have a reservation at that park to book an ADR at that park. I'd love it if I was wrong!

When I read through the reservations information section, I understood it to mean you had to have a reservation at that park to book an ADR at that park. I'd love it if I was wrong!

Book away, no park reservation needed to make dining ADRs. I've done it plenty, and if it makes you feel better, I just made a Chef Mickey's on my sister's account, and she doesn't have any ticket media linked to her account at all.

Yes, you have to be able to get into that park by having a park reservation or a park hopper
True. I was trying to price flights through Expedia and Air Canada and they wouldn't work at all.

Book away, no park reservation needed to make dining ADRs. I've done it plenty, and if it makes you feel better, I just made a Chef Mickey's on my sister's account, and she doesn't have any ticket media linked to her account at all.
To be fair Chef Mickey's isn't in a park. But no you don't need a ticket to make a reservation but if for some reason park hopping closes you may be charged a cancellation fee.

I just saw a video of the line for space mountain literally wrapping all around tomorrowland......that has got to be miserable.

We leave Sunday for WDW and not at all looking forward to it. I have some guest recovery FP's, not sure what they'll do about those- hopefully go ahead and give them to us, but likely they aren't good for the most popular rides anyway.

I guess in Disney's eyes, it would appear they're willing to take the hit for the miserable experiences of guests for the next few weeks. Come August, crowd levels will lower some, a few people eaters are opening and it might not be so terrible. I, as always, have impeccable timing.

We leave Sunday for WDW and not at all looking forward to it. I have some guest recovery FP's, not sure what they'll do about those- hopefully go ahead and give them to us, but likely they aren't good for the most popular rides anyway.

I guess in Disney's eyes, it would appear they're willing to take the hit for the miserable experiences of guests for the next few weeks. Come August, crowd levels will lower some, a few people eaters are opening and it might not be so terrible. I, as always, have impeccable timing.
I hope you have a good time, i really do. I know its going to be a difficult trip, but hopefully you get some magic.

would love to hear a mini trip report when you get back on how things were.

We go in two weeks. I’m hoping the crowds will be a little bit less than they are now, but I’m not super hopeful. I‘m trying to set my expectations very low, and I’m planning for way more time just relaxing at the pool,

We go in two weeks. I’m hoping the crowds will be a little bit less than they are now, but I’m not super hopeful. I‘m trying to set my expectations very low, and I’m planning for way more time just relaxing at the pool,
We are end of August and my husband and I had a long talk about this last night. We basically settled on early morning and late afternoon in the parks and just plan to be back at the resort for the rest of the time. Fortunately we do 3 ADRs a day so that will eat up a lot of time. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an August 1 announcement about fastpass/replacement but I would guess they would need some sort of lead time (so maybe available early September? That would give them time to work out some kinks before the 50th).

We also go in two weeks! I expect crowds to be less, nearly all the school districts in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee will be in school.

We had guest recovery FP as well. Went to Guest Relations with the email about them and they turned them into "experiences". Like you said, there were exclusions. 7DMT, Toy Story, Star Wars, Pandora and Frozen were all excluded. The "experiences" work just like FP but just had the new name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter