• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice if they said something. They have even announced that the dining plan is coming back. They haven't said when but at least it was something. They announced in DL that APs weren't coming back but it was something. I would just like some kind of announcement at this point regardless of what the announcement is.

Another rumor is the days of 30 and 60 day advanced booking has a good chance to be a thing of the past.

I personally think it's going to be that resort guests get 3 free ones and the rest will be paid.
I'd definitely be okay with that. We've missed FP+ many times (stuff happens with kids, lol), the last one being SDD in 2019 and it was definitely disappointing. Basically 4 years of wanting to try that darn ride by the time we get to go. If the "wishes" are almost guaranteed (I understand riding FOP 3 times in a row probably wouldn't happen but assuming for the most part they're granted) it would be better than FP+ in my opinion. If they aren't, I guess I may be missing SDD again, so can't say it would be worse :)

We did usually return to a park in the evening if we grabbed a nice 4th FP+ but I could live with the trade off if it meant we could be a little more spontaneous with our plans.

The details of a new system are not defined in absolutes but a hybrid of free and paid is likely. Making it work with other programs it would interact with and be reliant on has been a challenge. Even other programs they haven't implemented yet but will be since they have passed live testing are going to have to work with it. However, due to integration issues within the new platform, it has not passed live system testing and my understanding is it is not ready to go, or even close at the moment. Understanding increased capacity may lead to unmanageable lines and unhappy guests, fp+ has passed all integration testing and is a viable alternative in the interim because it isnt reliant on the additional programs. This would also Impact other announcements people are waiting on because of the integration issues.

I don’t think this is correct. Mickey views makes few and excellent videos.
I think I am correct, because he clickbaits his videos. He's the one that originally made everyone assume that this program will be paid. Will it eventually? Most likely. But he's making an assumption with no proof. The genie app is the only thing that may make the claim legit, but even then, the genie app probably won't release until late this year.

I think I am correct, because he clickbaits his videos. He's the one that originally made everyone assume that this program will be paid. Will it eventually? Most likely. But he's making an assumption with no proof. The genie app is the only thing that may make the claim legit, but even then, the genie app probably won't release until late this year.
I'm willing to bet that they're pushing and pushing to have this Genie app ready for release no later than October 1st. I'm sure they'd love to have it ready before then (and they're probably going to try) but you know somebody is jumping up and down on someone else's desk at Disney screaming for this to be ready for the 50th anniversary.

What does “he clickbaits his videos” mean? I assume he had a source as he has enough of a track record of both being right and not claiming to know things he doesn’t. Perhaps he’s growing less scrupulous, but I wouldn’t jump
To that conclusion yet.

I'm willing to bet that they're pushing and pushing to have this Genie app ready for release no later than October 1st. I'm sure they'd love to have it ready before then (and they're probably going to try) but you know somebody is jumping up and down on someone else's desk at Disney screaming for this to be ready for the 50th anniversary.
That's what I meant by late this year.

It seems that the biggest capacity increases were starting immediately after this weekend.
I've heard 65% as of last weekend and 75% starting July 5th or 6th.

What does “he clickbaits his videos” mean? I assume he had a source as he has enough of a track record of both being right and not claiming to know things he doesn’t. Perhaps he’s growing less scrupulous, but I wouldn’t jump
To that conclusion yet.
Making random and crazy claims will be shared all over FB - I saw it all over Facebook that everyone was like "paid fast passes are coming, Mickey Views said". Like yeah, it'll happen later on, but everyone now acts like it definitely going to happen immediately when it returns. Lightning Pass was entirely made up and Disney would never call FP+ that name, especially if it was a paid version.

Last edited:

I have no idea of the person you're saying negative things about and I've read many very reliable sources say this is very possibly coming out as a paid system. So he's not the originator of the rumor for me. The only ones I give any credence to are those who have a very long track records and have been on these boards or others I read for a very long time. And here for sure, those who have recently registered with no track record, I pay no attention to at all.

Bottom line is those who know don't talk and those that talk don't know. Generalities and tid bits are a sure sign of a source you can trust because no one with real sources would reveal details or give definite answers like it WILL happen.

But we should be very careful on this thread to not behave in such a way that this one gets shut down too.

Last edited:
I have no idea of the person you're saying negative things about and I've read many very reliable sources say this is very possibly coming out as a paid system. So he's not the originator of the rumor for me. The only ones I give any credence to are those who have a very long track records and have been on these boards or others I read for a very long time. And here for sure, those who have recently registered with no track record, I pay no attention to at all.

Bottom line is those who know don't talk and those that talk don't know. Generalities and tid bits are a sure sign of a source you can trust because no one with real sources would reveal details or give definite answers like it WILL happen.

But we should be very careful on this thread to not behave in such a way that this one gets shut down too.
How is what I said negative? Lol! You bash all of my comments.

I never said a paid system won't happen. I said that what Mickey Views did was clickbait and there will never be a paid system called 'Lightning pass'. Disney could think of a million better names than Lightning pass

How is what I said negative? Lol! You bash all of my comments.

I never said a paid system won't happen. I said that what Mickey Views did was clickbait and there will never be a paid system called 'Lightning pass'. Disney could think of a million better names than Lightning pass
Tyler, I think she was simply trying to say that we need to keep this thread positive. Have a great night!

That’s pretty much what I think too. I guess we’ll see who wins that battle soon enough. I think Remy’s assessment is pretty much right on target and makes a lot of sense to me.... after I read it several times, and slowly. :)

Until pretty recently they were still running rides lines all over the darn place in the name of social distancing, so I didn't expect any FB to come back then. But I hear we're seeing at least a few single rider lines coming back, so perhaps the FB hold-up is because they're rolling out something new; or perhaps it's just because we're not back to normal with hopping and/or we're still dealing with park reservations.

Do we have any real concrete proof of any actually rumor from someone who actually has that type of connection, that if brought back, it could be for a cost?

All I ever heard that from was that Mickey views guy and nobody else

Sometimes I feel we make up our own rumors and add our own fuel to if they actually will happen

Fastpass IMO will return and will return normal as before. I expected it this past weekend. Since that didn’t happen, if it didn’t start tomorrow, I don’t see it actually starting again till Oct 1st.

As long as Disney sees lines aren’t more then 90-100 mins on numerous rides at once, I don’t think they even feel the need to have them yet. Wait times today weren’t horrible and it’s the 4th of July.
Martin from WDWMagic and Len Testa from Touring Plans (and he posts on WDWMagic too) have both said when FP come back there will be a charge. Len has posted on WDWMagic and said in his podcast there will be a charge

It seems that the biggest capacity increases were starting immediately after this weekend.
The thing is, once they are at 55-65% capacity, it really doesn’t matter how much they raise it after that. Reports are a busy day at the parks is around 65% capacity. Only during big holidays will you see it rise above that. A few percentage points up or down makes a negligible difference.

So it makes absolutely no difference if they raise it to 70% or 80% or even 100% because the capacity will still average in the low to mid 60’s.

I'm sure Remy likely has more info than I do on the status of Genie since his source seems to be more closely tied to IT than mine, but everything I've heard is pointing towards it not being ready for October 1st. There's just a lot to integrate into it, and while they may be pushing for that date... if they rush it and it doesn't work right the results could be catastrophic. If it wasn't for COVID and the resulting changes it may have been probable or possible. Now... Maybe later this year or early next year would be my guess. They'll likely need and use FP+ to hold the fort for the big crowds in the meantime. Better to have something that works for the big crowds than something that isn't ready or nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter