State by State...What is Yours Doing/Covid-19?

I'm hearing Mississippi just placed a statewide shutdown, but the "essential" work includes office jobs in certain industries. And it overrides any other city or county order, so any city or county that has more categories of non-essential workers (which would have turned them into work from home jobs) can't enforce it against those industries.

https://www.wlbt.com/2020/03/24/watch-gov-reeves-discusses-coronavirus-efforts/

I'm hearing Mississippi just placed a statewide shutdown, but the "essential" work includes office jobs in certain industries. And it overrides any other city or county order, so any city or county that has more categories of non-essential workers (which would have turned them into work from home jobs) can't enforce it against those industries.

https://www.wlbt.com/2020/03/24/watch-gov-reeves-discusses-coronavirus-efforts/

No. Mississippi is not on state lockdown.

Read the full articles. He stopped short of demanding lockdown to the dismay of many.

https://www.sunherald.com/news/business/article241495111.html
rom the Clarion Ledger
content://downloads/all_downloads/8963

Last edited:
No. Mississippi is not on state lockdown.

Read the full articles. He stopped short of demanding lockdown to the dismay of many.

From the Clarion Ledger
content://downloads/all_downloads/8963

Municipalities had already implemented his suggestions before the big announcement and there was nothing new in his order for most.

Municipalities had already implemented his suggestions before the big announcement and there was nothing new in his order for most.

I heard something from the Mayor of Tupelo stating that he believed that the Governor's order was overriding his local order. There seems to be a lot of confusion over it though, with some cities believing it's a minimum order where their local orders can be more stringent.

“We’d read the governor’s order and believed from our first reading that it would supersede the resolutions we had in place,” Oxford Mayor Robyn Tannehill said in the meeting. “We felt that ours would not be able to stay in place based on the language in the order. But I just got off the phone with the governor, and we’ve come to the conclusion that all our resolutions can stay in place.”​

I heard something from the Mayor of Tupelo stating that he believed that the Governor's order was overriding his local order. There seems to be a lot of confusion over it though, with some cities believing it's a minimum order where their local orders can be more stringent.

“We’d read the governor’s order and believed from our first reading that it would supersede the resolutions we had in place,” Oxford Mayor Robyn Tannehill said in the meeting. “We felt that ours would not be able to stay in place based on the language in the order. But I just got off the phone with the governor, and we’ve come to the conclusion that all our resolutions can stay in place.”​

Yes, fortunately, Oxford's restrictions were tougher than what Reeves recommended. And I am glad Oxford, and other communities, get to keep their own restrictions in place.

Oxford is home of Ole Miss which just got off of spring break. They need these restrictions to keep their community safe.

Unfortunately, there are political undertones influencing our new governor more than advice of medical professionals.

https://www.mississippicir.org/news...Dyq2153GH9pk1Cuc90vi19uIw7QzovOLzti03hHIAfMEg

Yes, fortunately, Oxford's restrictions were tougher than what Reeves recommended. And I am glad Oxford, and other communities, get to keep their own restrictions in place.

Oxford is home of Ole Miss which just got off of spring break. They need these restrictions to keep their community safe.

Unfortunately, there are political undertones influencing our new governor more than advice of medical professionals.

https://www.mississippicir.org/news...Dyq2153GH9pk1Cuc90vi19uIw7QzovOLzti03hHIAfMEg

Well - I just saw that watching the news, and of course it's a fluid situation.

Massachusetts. We are on advisory to stay home. Essential workers only. Groups of less than 10 at a time. Schools have been closed for almost 2 weeks. Today, the governor has extended closure until early May. My area of the state had no cases of the virus until last week. Still low numbers but growing.

In NJ today I passed two garden centers whose signs said they were open for business. I wouldn't consider them essential. I suppose convenience stores are essential since they sell food, even if the majority is snacks and junk food.
I read somewhere that garden centers can stay open in NJ, at least they are outdoor, and it’s nice to grow your own food. All of my kids have worked for the one in town, I’m curious to see if they make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter