Start Radiation Tomorrow

Good to hear from you Kathy! Glad you are doing well. Hang in there and keep dreaming of the cruise!:goodvibes

Ick. Not feeling so well. I think real food does not agree with me anymore. :sick:

I did something last night that I've never done before....

I told Kathy about her prize prior to the show being released.

I knew she had a big day ahead of her and that it was set to start very early.

I knew she would not get to hear the podcast until after she was done and I wanted her to approach the day with happy thoughts.

To say she was excited is an understament!!!!

Just wanted y'all to know that she is aware of her prize and has something very good to plan during this process.

Kevin

Awesome work Kevin! You guys made her day, but also made mine. Hearing that on the show touched me.....

CONGRATS KATHY!!!!!!!!!

Kathy, I didn't know while we chatted tonite on dischat. So sorry to hear and I will add you to my prayers. Take care and hang in there.

Bless you, Wannabinnc

Kathy,

Glad you are doing well. I used to adminsiter the therapy you had - I'm a nulcear med tech by trade. It may stink for a little while, but you will be feeling just fine soon. I wish I had come out and read the thread a bit sooner, so I could have given you more info earlier on what you were about to go through.

I hope I give some comfort when I say your therapy treatment is actually one of the least invasive out there and one of the most effective and easiest to care for in the long run. Food may taste a bit off for a while due to the high concentration of iodine in your system, but that's mostly about it. The way we dose these days is with a lot less radiation than when I first got into the field 20 years ago and we don't require the two weeks confined to one room in the hospital (unless it's an extremely high dose). Once the I-131 is processed out of your system, it's all easy. I know it stinks not to be able to cuddle your little one, but it's for the best. As you've figured out by now, the scans are easy, too.

I didn't finish reading the thread to see if you mentioned your facility, but I know some really great folks at hospitals in Manhattan. Hopefully they've been treating you well.

Best wishes for a fast metabolism! Drink lots of water to reduce the biological half-life! Wash your hands often.

Ick. Not feeling so well. I think real food does not agree with me anymore. :sick:

:sad1: It might just take some time to get used to it again...start small and work your way up to normal levels of what you love. I'm sure in a few days things will be back to normal when it's time to eat.

Hang in there... I can tell you're a strong person! :flower3:

Hey Kathy, just wanted to say congrats on winning the cruise and glad your doing well. Your in our thoughts and prayers.

Rob & Jan Skinner

Kathy,

Glad you are doing well. I used to adminsiter the therapy you had - I'm a nulcear med tech by trade. It may stink for a little while, but you will be feeling just fine soon. I wish I had come out and read the thread a bit sooner, so I could have given you more info earlier on what you were about to go through.

I hope I give some comfort when I say your therapy treatment is actually one of the least invasive out there and one of the most effective and easiest to care for in the long run. Food may taste a bit off for a while due to the high concentration of iodine in your system, but that's mostly about it. The way we dose these days is with a lot less radiation than when I first got into the field 20 years ago and we don't require the two weeks confined to one room in the hospital (unless it's an extremely high dose). Once the I-131 is processed out of your system, it's all easy. I know it stinks not to be able to cuddle your little one, but it's for the best. As you've figured out by now, the scans are easy, too.

I didn't finish reading the thread to see if you mentioned your facility, but I know some really great folks at hospitals in Manhattan. Hopefully they've been treating you well.

Best wishes for a fast metabolism! Drink lots of water to reduce the biological half-life! Wash your hands often.

Another Nuclear Med Tech here sending you good thoughts.
It also helps to suck on lemon (think tart) candies to move the I-131 out of your salivary glands more quickly. It was a trick I learned when I was a student. Keep in good contact w/ your endocrinologist for support and I suggest a notebook for all those questions/concerns and write the answers because as the thyroid hormones get back into whack it plays havoc with memory.

Kathy -- I've been gone for a couple of day but can't begin to tell you how happy I am that you won the cruise. I just knew that was a lucky number that you picked at the DWFB meet! Boy is Natalie going to have some fun in that pool on the ship!!! Hang in there and start planning. :goodvibes

I'm going to listen to the podcast just as soon as I get back home. :thumbsup2

Congratulations Kathy!
I'm sending you lots of pixie dust, and you are in my toughts! Sending you good vibes also!:goodvibes :goodvibes

Good luck. 2 of my best friends are cancer survivors and I assure you there is light at the end of the tunnel.

:wizard: Here’s to welcoming a new survivor into the world of the DIS.

Hope you're feeling better soon....just keep thinking of all the fun we are going to have on THE CRUISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Kathy and I have been PMing and made lunch plans for today. I took the train into the city and we met in Times Square.

We had a lovely, leisurely lunch. Kathy looks wonderful and I know that she'll beat this.

We almost had a Naked Cowboy encounter. I guess he was taking a break because all of a sudden he was walking in front of us on one of the side streets instead of staying in his usual spot. I told Kathy to move it before anyone thought we were following him. :scared1: :scared1:

We couldn't hug. :sad1: I told her we could do a "Pushing Daisies" hug, but she doesn't watch the show and probably thought I was :crazy:

I brought home a Junior's cheesecake. Anyone want a slice?? :thumbsup2

I brought home a chocolate bar from the Hershey store. Probably not the ideal snack considering I was sick last night, but who can resist the Hershey store?

P.S. That Naked Cowboy was a little too close for comfort. :eek: I just saw him on one of those TV Court shows yesterday afternoon and today I was running away from him in Times Square. Only in New York.

I brought home a chocolate bar from the Hershey store. Probably not the ideal snack considering I was sick last night, but who can resist the Hershey store?

P.S. That Naked Cowboy was a little too close for comfort. :eek: I just saw him on one of those TV Court shows yesterday afternoon and today I was running away from him in Times Square. Only in New York.

Repeat after me: The Hershey Store is on a different corner than the M&M Store. (I won't mention names, but a certain person with the initials W.L.F.A.N. picked Hershey to meet at. Take a guess where she was.)

The Naked Cowboy is a bit disturbing when you see him up close. :scared1:

Hersheys chocolate is good medicine.....enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter