• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Starlight Safari

dischris11

Mouseketeer
Is it impossible to get tickets to the Starlight Safari? Any tips? I have split stay and can’t book dining and experiences for my AKL portion until Friday. I really want to do Starlight Safari but I haven’t seen any availability when I’ve checked at 60 days.

Can also confirm midnight - I booked 4 spots for a trip this past July. I checked at 1 am 60 days out, and it was available to be booked.

I hope u all get it. It’s Great! Tho now they don’t give you the Special Pin!

Thank you!!! I have three possible dates that I can grab so hopefully one works! How many spots are available on the safari? Do they do more than one a night?

I’m so frustrated! It must have opened at some point last night because everything was gone this morning. My computer still shows it as not open but it’s open on my phone. The crappy Disney IT strikes again. Making dining reservations this week has been a ride too with sometimes the app working and sometimes the website, with multiple crashes along the way.

Pre-COVID, cast members had night vision goggles that you could use at AKL without going on the Safari. Check to see if they still have that.

I did the Starlight Safari, and I didn't love it. It sounded cooler than it actually was. Looking at animals during the daytime, when you can see them well, is more fun.

Pre-COVID, cast members had night vision goggles that you could use at AKL without going on the Safari. Check to see if they still have that.

I did the Starlight Safari, and I didn't love it. It sounded cooler than it actually was. Looking at animals during the daytime, when you can see them well, is more fun.
Thanks! That makes me feel better.

Did you ever get it booked? Out of a 10 night trip, it only was available to book for I think two nights. I reserved it, but I thought like a PP that it may not be all that.

I was about to post asking if it was worth doing, and since it would be in my very first night in WDW ever, I wasn’t sure if I should bother or not. I mean even if it sucked I wouldn’t have anything to compare it to, so it could only get better along my trip.
I have 2 nights savanna view so maybe I’m better off on my balcony?

Last edited:
I was about to post asking if it was worth doing, and since it would be in my very first night in WDW ever, I wasn’t sure if I should bother or not. I mean even if it sucked I wouldn’t have anything to compare it to, so it could only get better along my trip.
I have 2 nights savanna view so maybe I’m better off on my balcony?

If it were me? No, I would not do the Starlight Safari on the first night of my first trip to WDW. I would be tired from travel. I would want to get some rest and be ready to go to a theme park at rope drop (Early Entry if I were staying at a Disney hotel) the next day so that I would be there when the lines are shorter. You can ask in the Animal Kingdom thread how early in the morning you would need to leave the hotel, based on the parks you plan to go to and the method of transportation you plan to use. This would be especially true if my first trip was just 2 nights.

If I were to list the things I would try to do on a very short first trip to WDW, the Starlight Safari would be very far down on the list.

If it were me? No, I would not do the Starlight Safari on the first night of my first trip to WDW. I would be tired from travel. I would want to get some rest and be ready to go to a theme park at rope drop (Early Entry if I were staying at a Disney hotel) the next day so that I would be there when the lines are shorter. You can ask in the Animal Kingdom thread how early in the morning you would need to leave the hotel, based on the parks you plan to go to and the method of transportation you plan to use. This would be especially true if my first trip was just 2 nights.

If I were to list the things I would try to do on a very short first trip to WDW, the Starlight Safari would be very far down on the list.
Actually, it’s a 11-day trip and I have a hotel off property the first night, so I will be fresh by the time I get to AKV, but I only have 2 nights at AKV, then I move on to BWV for 3 nights, then BRV for 5 nights.
I do think it’s still not worth doing, but I’m not a morning person & won’t be doing any rope drops. I do plan on spending 2 days at AK though, so I think I should be able to see and do everything I want.
I’ll definitely check out the AK thread, thanks!!

Just chiming in that if you want to do an animal excursion I highly recommend the rhino tour at AK. It’s cheap, and it’s amazing. I did it just a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the highlights of my trip even though it was raining. The zookeeper was so clearly in love with her animals and we got super lucky - the rhino they picked to show us up close not only allowed us to stroke her (which is what they hope) but her baby came over to join her so we got two for one!

Just chiming in that if you want to do an animal excursion I highly recommend the rhino tour at AK. It’s cheap, and it’s amazing. I did it just a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the highlights of my trip even though it was raining. The zookeeper was so clearly in love with her animals and we got super lucky - the rhino they picked to show us up close not only allowed us to stroke her (which is what they hope) but her baby came over to join her so we got two for one!
That sounds amazing, i did look at that tour but it was sold out for the time I'm going to be there, but I will keep checking. It sounds great.

By the way have you ever seen the show for the backstage at AK? "Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom".
There are 2 seasons now. It is great as well, & they get close up with the Rhinos, I've gotten to know their names, etc. :)

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/shows/magic-of-disneys-animal-kingdom

That sounds amazing, i did look at that tour but it was sold out for the time I'm going to be there, but I will keep checking. It sounds great.

By the way have you ever seen the show for the backstage at AK? "Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom".
There are 2 seasons now. It is great as well, & they get close up with the Rhinos, I've gotten to know their names, etc. :)

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/shows/magic-of-disneys-animal-kingdom

I haven’t, but they mentioned it during the tour, so I’ll definitely have to watch it now. Thanks for reminding me!

I agree that the rhino tour is worth it. I was supposed to do the starlight safari but there was a bad thunderstorm so they canceled it. I stayed at a different resort and only using bus transportation. They wouldn’t call it until literally the last minute. I had to take a bus back to disney springs. The guards made me walk all the way in and then back around and my bus was one of the last ones. If you do it, I would recommend either ride share or have your own transportation.

It you have one of the disney credit cards, you can get refunded a discount (must show the card at check in)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter