STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I second the extra chargers. I borrowed one from Passenger Services, but it stopped charging below 50%. They lent me another, and my phone still didn't fully charge until I was back in my cabin for the night.

I didn't get an email, but I already knew that there was exclusive merchandise on shopDisney. The day we disembarked I ordered two t-shirts while waiting for our DVC villa at SSR to be ready. It took less than a week to receive them. Search for Galactic Starcruiser.
I checked this morning again and much like the last 3-4 days, all that turned up was the face cloths and the foaming bubble mask. Ah well.

I checked this morning again and much like the last 3-4 days, all that turned up was the face cloths and the foaming bubble mask. Ah well.
After you key in Galactic Starcruiser, you probably saw that small window with those few items. There should be a blue Search bubble on the search line. Click that; I just got all available merchandise, and I am not logged in to my account.

Last edited:
After you key in Galactic Starcruiser, you probably saw that small window with those few items. There should be a blue Search bubble on the search line. Click that; I just got all available merchandise, and I am not logged in to my account.
I was able to get more items when I logged into ShopDisney on my computer rather than my phone, so thank you! Didn't see anything I wanted unfortunately.

I kind of wish I had purchased the black T-shirt that was available in the inside gift shop, though at $40, it wasn't too hard to pass up. I never saw the Sabacc chip set I saw online in the gift shop, and I didn't know about asking to purchase the special pins, which I absolutely would have done.

We are staying at galactic starcruiser the first weekend of July. My son is very into droids, has made several at droid depot. Is the rc sk-620 droid currently available at the gift shop? If so, is it always there or is it sometimes out of stock?

We are staying at galactic starcruiser the first weekend of July. My son is very into droids, has made several at droid depot. Is the rc sk-620 droid currently available at the gift shop? If so, is it always there or is it sometimes out of stock?
It was available when we were there last weekend. I don't know if, or how often, they run out of stock, but there were plenty of them there both days.

If you just ordered food at the bar - it wouldn’t generate a bill. I guess you could leave a tip in cash if you felt like it

We tipped Valet, Bell service, left money for housekeeping all in cash.

The drink receipts are large and folded in a way that you could easily miss that they have already automatically added the tip. I would guess a lot of people that just add a tip to their bill and don’t look closely at the bill could miss it (raises hand). I would always add to the 18% - but I would guess a decent amount of people missed the 18% entirely and just double tipped.
Just an FYI, I did tip the valet and we left a tip for housekeeping when we checked out, but when I tried to tip the crewmember who brought our bags to our room, he refused and said they were not permitted to accept tips.

Last edited:
Disney's list of "Attire that is not appropriate for the PARKS" was written before the days of this new Star Wars hotel. Clearly at this hotel, guests are being encouraged to dress in costumes of various themes. I see that as a different issue from what Disney considers appropriate for the PARKS.

Disney's list of "Attire that is not appropriate for the PARKS" was written before the days of this new Star Wars hotel. Clearly at this hotel, guests are being encouraged to dress in costumes of various themes. I see that as a different issue from what Disney considers appropriate for the PARKS.
We were at Galaxy's Edge on May the 4th, which is a day no one from the Starcruiser was there, and there were lots of folks in elaborate costumes there that day too.

I think the big things are 1) no full masks/helmets that cover your face (though I still saw a few), and 2) no full face paint. The Starcruiser offers a high end make-up/face painting service, but for the trip to Batuu, they'll only do highlights, not full make-up (like Darth Maul).

I will be at WDW next weekend for a quick trip. Would anyone boarding the Halycon late next week be willing to purchase a Halycon Sabacc deck for me? I can meet you in Batuu and reimburse you for the cost and your time? Batuu excursion dates that coincide with my travel are May 19 or 21. Thanks!

Any inkling on when Jan 2023 dates/sales will be released? Chomping at the bit to book an adults trip with my wife and friends.

hi all,

We’re scheduled to cruise July 9 (less than 60 out!) and I’m trying to track down attire for our family of four (son 9, daughter 11). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I had a series of links from other recommendations but apparently I’ve lost those. My son wants to be “Luke from ROTJ all in black” and my daughter wants to be a rebel/Rey/smuggler type.

Question regarding the schedule: we could only get portrait session at 8pm on day 1. That seems like a really bad time to me. Should we just drop that? I can take photos of the kids and I definitely don’t want us to miss out on story moments. There was originally a session at 2pm on day 2 which seems like it would have been perfect but filled up too fast.

One more question, I see that it says you must bring your own device, but our kids don’t have iPhones with the disney play app like we do. Are they not loaning out devices any more?

Thanks in advance!

hi all,

We’re scheduled to cruise July 9 (less than 60 out!) and I’m trying to track down attire for our family of four (son 9, daughter 11). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I had a series of links from other recommendations but apparently I’ve lost those. My son wants to be “Luke from ROTJ all in black” and my daughter wants to be a rebel/Rey/smuggler type.

Question regarding the schedule: we could only get portrait session at 8pm on day 1. That seems like a really bad time to me. Should we just drop that? I can take photos of the kids and I definitely don’t want us to miss out on story moments. There was originally a session at 2pm on day 2 which seems like it would have been perfect but filled up too fast.

One more question, I see that it says you must bring your own device, but our kids don’t have iPhones with the disney play app like we do. Are they not loaning out devices any more?

Thanks in advance!

The portrait session is extremely awesome. Don't drop it. Unless you're a photographer experienced with the Starcruiser with a dedicated backup holding a light, you're not going to get those kinds of photos yourself.

We were at Galaxy's Edge on May the 4th, which is a day no one from the Starcruiser was there, and there were lots of folks in elaborate costumes there that day too.

I think the big things are 1) no full masks/helmets that cover your face (though I still saw a few), and 2) no full face paint. The Starcruiser offers a high end make-up/face painting service, but for the trip to Batuu, they'll only do highlights, not full make-up (like Darth Maul).
I was going to say something similar after my May 4th experience. I even noted it in my post-vacation official Disney survey, which had lots of MTFBWY focused questions. I said I was glad they let people come in real costumes because cosplayers were part of what I came for. The rules around full masks and capes that go below the waist seem probably safety based. It was definitely a great day for costumes, and interesting to see how many 20-somethings came as Anakin/Padme pairs, the SW of their childhood.

We are finally < 60 days away from our cruise! We got everything we wanted and the portrait experience is on day 1, which gives us more time to enjoy Batuu on day 2 since it will be our first time! Quick question about HS early entry. If we get on one of the first shuttles, how early can we expect to enter Batuu? Would we be able to get right in the stand by line for RotR or would we be behind all of the other early entry guests at HS that day? Trying to figure out logistically if we could ride twice, once stand by with minimal wait first thing in the am and then again with LL in the afternoon when wait times are crazy. Thanks!!

We are finally < 60 days away from our cruise! We got everything we wanted and the portrait experience is on day 1, which gives us more time to enjoy Batuu on day 2 since it will be our first time! Quick question about HS early entry. If we get on one of the first shuttles, how early can we expect to enter Batuu? Would we be able to get right in the stand by line for RotR or would we be behind all of the other early entry guests at HS that day? Trying to figure out logistically if we could ride twice, once stand by with minimal wait first thing in the am and then again with LL in the afternoon when wait times are crazy. Thanks!!
I think the first shuttle left at 7:45 the day we went to Batuu.

HS was opening at 8 AM the week we were there, so resort guests could get in at 7:30. We went the Wednesday before our Starcruiser experience, and as AKL guests we got through the gates just after 7 AM even though the park didn't "open" until 7:30. We didn't rush right to GE, but a lot of folks probably did.

I'd say if you want to get on the 7:45 AM shuttle, or whatever the earliest one is, plan on being there 30-45 minutes before it is scheduled to depart. We wanted to get on the 8:30 shuttle and probably waited 20 minutes or so in line for one. I think they run multiple shuttles, but they only put about 10-12 guests on each, if that.

I was able to take advantage of a last-minute cancellation for June, so it looks like we are boarding the Starcruiser! However, at this point there are no photography packages available. Is there any sort of welcome photo, like they do for character meals? Or is the photography package the only option? I also wonder how open cast members would be to taking family pictures.

Wait, for the $7k we paid you're saying there are things we may not be able to do? We board on December 30th so I am assuming we have time if it's at 60 days out. If not, I can't find where to book things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter