star trek movie for 8 year old

ez

<font color=green>Yoshi Lover<br><font color=deepp
Could anyone who has seen the new star trek movie tell me if they think it would be ok to bring my 8 year old along when we see it? I'm wondering because it is a pg-13. Thanks!:confused:

We saw it today. Its a much better movie than the critics are saying it is.
As for whther it would be OK for an 8 year old, I think it would depend on the 8 year old.

Warning, spoilers follow
Keep scrolling down if you want to see what might be an issue for children in this movie....
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

OK, You've been warned.

There is quite a bit of violence and one semi-explicit bedroom scene. This take place between a husband and wife and nothing graphic is shown, but it is clear that sex is taking place. The scene leads to a very distrubing rape nightmare. Its short, but its not pleasant. There is a lot of violence, but no more than your average Star Trek flick. And... (here comes the big spoiler, last chance to bail out)....
.....One of the main characters from the series is killed. If your kid is a big fan of Trek, he may find this disturbing.

I agree with hound's warning but also agree with the critics. I am a Trekkie from way back and did not enjoy it one bit.

WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS

Enjoyed it but it certainly isn't one of my favorites. We took 5 1/2. She wasn't scared but was bored. Same today with LOTR. She loved the first LOTR but this one was way too long. Anyway back to Trek...... She liked the last 2 Trek movies but this one didn't keep her attention. 13 DS liked it but had already heard that most of the scenes wiht Worf were cut out so he is eagerly waiting for the DVD with the deleted scenes. So am I. I would love to see the alternate ending.
From what I understand a different main character dies.

OK I have 2 big pet peeves with the movie .. wouldn't Kyle be at his son's wedding? I can See Lwaxana not attending since they were also going to have a traditional wedding on Betazed.
OK you know you are a Trekker (or trekkie, Trekker is the Gen X tern, not that I consider myself a gen X'er )when you pull out the Star Trek Encyclopedia to find the spelling for Lwaxana and Betazed. The other is why is Worf back on the Enterprise E(still hate the E, wish they blew that piece of junk sky high)? Wasn't he sent as an ambassador to the Klingon Empire? I guess I'll just have to watch the other ST:TNG movies to see if I'm forgetting something

I was going to suggest the website that Dan put up. That is the absolute best, although you will learn about the entire plot ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter