Star Tours and Dinosaur jerky?

Never bothered wasting time on it so no clue; and YES. (In the order you listed)

Dinosaur in my opinion is a lot more jerkier. Not sure if it makes a difference what row you are in.

It does, especially on Star Tours. Think of Star Tours like a platform with a support in the middle. If the entire platform pitches 45 degrees, those at the front or rear moved significantly further than those at the axis of motion did. Sitting in the center (though with room for the show elements at the front so not the exact center of the seating) will reduce the feeling of motion. I find Star Tours is a bit more nausea-inducing when I sit in the back (especially that back corner seat with nothing in front of it). Now, DINOSAUR has a smaller platform of motion, so there is less of a difference. Also, since it is actually moving forward over bumps and dips there is no avoiding that. I would say DINOSAUR is the rougher ride of the two.

I also find Dinosaur to be more jerky than Star Tours. I only ride it infrequently because of this. I find Star Tours a bit jerky but by paying attention to the scene I can anticipate the motion and be prepared. For Dinosaur, traveling in the dark, I find I can't anticipate and just hang on.

I also find Dinosaur to be more jerky than Star Tours. I only ride it infrequently because of this. I find Star Tours a bit jerky but by paying attention to the scene I can anticipate the motion and be prepared. For Dinosaur, traveling in the dark, I find I can't anticipate and just hang on.

What about Test Track? I can do normal like bumpy car kind of jerky but not head being banged into the seat or whipped around hard type of rides. I rode all these years ago but when you don't have an issue you don't even think about it.

Dinosaur is jerky, but I just make sure my feet are braced on the sides/floor when moving around corners... :)

Star Tours isn't as jerky, but I find it's the one and only ride at WDW that gives me a queasy feeling.

What about Test Track? I can do normal like bumpy car kind of jerky but not head being banged into the seat or whipped around hard type of rides. I rode all these years ago but when you don't have an issue you don't even think about it.

A couple spots come to mind in Test Track, but not as jerky as either Star Tours or Dinosaur:
- The first fast acceleration ends with braking that simulates the car swerving (in the "old" TestTrack not having ABS brakes)
- In the curvy part of the track before going outside, the car changes direction quickly to avoid an oncoming truck

Both are jerky, however, while I think Dinosaur is more jerky, it’s actually Star Tours that makes me nauseous when I ride it. I’m pretty much done with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter