SSR Questions

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
Has anyone stayed at/is familiar with the Grandstand area at SSR? Do any of the rooms have golf course views? Trying to get an idea of what it's like to stay in this area.

We stayed in the Grandstand (85xx rooms) and we loved it. :love: Our view was of a) the golf course, b) the canal beyond it, and c) the tents of Cirque du Soleil beyond that. :thumbsup2

It's our absolutely favorite location in SSR (we had stayed a couple of times in the Springs). We found it to be the most convenient section for us. It's very close to the CH and the boat launch to DTD, and being the first bus stop meant a guaranteed seat!

It feels much more secluded than it is, which we like, since we go to WDW to relax. :goodvibes

Has anyone stayed at/is familiar with the Grandstand area at SSR? Do any of the rooms have golf course views? Trying to get an idea of what it's like to stay in this area.

Most rooms get a view of the golf course, not all and not 100% view. We love the Grandstand Area. It our favorite section followed by Congress Park, Paddock, Springs and Carousel section.

Thanks for the replies --- and I'm glad to hear such great reviews. My friends were talking to a CM who indicated to them that the Grandstand could have golf views -- just wanted to confirm. I love my OKW golf views and I'm hoping to get another view of LBV when I join them at SSR in Feb! Wish us luck in getting our view request!

Can't wait to experience SSR -- another DVC to love. Starbox thanks for the pictures!

I love all the love for SSR on these boards - as we will be there in about 10 days!

I have an SSR question: Is there a poolside restaurant / snack bar? It is not indicated on the Disney site or on the allears site, but I have heard people talk about it. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Does SSR have a full service restaurant all of the books say that they do not. Also what is the best DVC to stay at with little children during 4th of july we are planning a trip with my DH DS6 DD4 DS2 and my cousin who also has 2 kids ages 9 and 6. Is SSR the place to be because of the Pools or should I be staying some where else. Also how is the transportation to the parks we will only be going to the parks in the evening.

Thank you

I love all the love for SSR on these boards - as we will be there in about 10 days!

I have an SSR question: Is there a poolside restaurant / snack bar? It is not indicated on the Disney site or on the allears site, but I have heard people talk about it. Does anyone know? Thanks!

There is a pool bar at the main pool and they've buily (but not opened as of our June trip) a pool bar that will also serve food (and a drink refill station) at the Grandstand pool. The Artist's Palatte is next to the main pool and has a great menu.

Does SSR have a full service restaurant all of the books say that they do not. Also what is the best DVC to stay at with little children during 4th of july we are planning a trip with my DH DS6 DD4 DS2 and my cousin who also has 2 kids ages 9 and 6. Is SSR the place to be because of the Pools or should I be staying some where else. Also how is the transportation to the parks we will only be going to the parks in the evening.

Thank you

Yes, there is a full service restaurant now. It is called Turf Club. I was very pleasantly surprised by my meal there - it exceeded my expectations by a long shot and was the best steak I've had @ WDW.
Here's the menu:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.ID=460

SSR has two eateries...............the Turf Club (TS) and Artist's Palette (CS). Both are really good, and the great thing about SSR is that if those two don't appeal, there's always DTD nearby!:thumbsup2

There is a pool bar at the main pool and they've buily (but not opened as of our June trip) a pool bar that will also serve food (and a drink refill station) at the Grandstand pool. The Artist's Palatte is next to the main pool and has a great menu.

Excellent, thanks!

Thanks also for the Turf Club recommendation - my son loves steak!

We stayed in room 852X, and it was great! First of all it is really really close to the bus stop. It is the first bus stop when being dropped off from a long day at the parks, it is the first stop to be picked up from.... It is also a short drive to the Carriage House. It was also very quiet....and the view was awesome! I will always remember our room number! Have a great vacation!!

:tinker: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Is SSR the place to be because of the Pools or should I be staying some where else. Also how is the transportation to the parks we will only be going to the parks in the evening.

Thank you

SSR may not have the best pools at WDW, but they are still very nice. The main pool (High Rock Springs?) is very nice with a zero entry pool which is nice for younger children. The Grandstands also has it's own themed pool and there are also other quiet pools around. We are not big pool people, but did enjoy SSR's. As far as transportation when we visited in June, we took the busses in the late afternoon and had no problem getting to the park. Longest wait was about 15 minutes, usually was about 7. Getting BACK to SSR was a different story. Both SSR and OKW busses seemed to run about every 30 minutes, if lucky (yes, we timed them). If we stayed until Magic Hours were over (such as 1 or 2am), then they seemed to run about every 20 minutes. (Many discussions in other threads about bus service!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter