• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sprint Cell Service

blkhwks55

Mouseketeer
Looking to be at DL during Thanksgiving and would like to know how Sprint cell service is in the parks?

Thanks,
Tony

Its been a year since we had Sprint, so it could have changed, but we found it generally spotty when using data or even when trying to make a call.

I have Sprint and frequent the parks. Have almost no issues with voice or text (Soarin' show building queue blacks out the signal). Data is more of an issue. There are a couple of deadzones, but usually the issue is just speed of connecting and loading. That said, I rarely have a problem with Disneyland App functionality (reservations, wait times, map) nowadays.

I have Sprint and frequent the parks. Have almost no issues with voice or text (Soarin' show building queue blacks out the signal). Data is more of an issue. There are a couple of deadzones, but usually the issue is just speed of connecting and loading. That said, I rarely have a problem with Disneyland App functionality (reservations, wait times, map) nowadays.

This is what I'm most worried about, using the app and using for FP.

I don't use Maxpass, but have never had an issue getting my fastpasses to show up on the app. Also no issues with Mobile ordering. Sometimes the map takes a little while to load fully. I don't have experience with the other carriers, so not sure how much of a difference there is.

I have virgin mobile which is on the sprint platform. I had no trouble using it.

Now.

I was blacked out in parts of Arizona, Nevada, Utah, all of Wyoming and Sourh Dakota. Grrr.

I have Sprint & had absolutely no problems at all...and I was on it constantly looking stuff up on the DL app to check lines, characters, etc. And numerous times a day posting pix to facebook, and texting friends & family.

I'll agree with others in that you shouldn't worry about the App working with data on the Sprint network. Since I frequent the parks, I end up being nitpicky with where data has issues. I checked the app periodically and in the zones I know have had issues. If you are worried about it, just avoid these specific spots :). Soarin' in the show building is the only place that blocks the signal completely. There are a couple random corners in DCA that have a hard time with data (ex. a corner in Knicks Knacks), but you walk 4 ft and it connects, so not worth worrying about. But I consistently have issues in Paradise Gardens seating area, the attached screenshot was from me trying to connect while there. In Disneyland, Innoventions building used to be an issue, but haven't checked recently. No app issues in Disneyland today.
I'll also say, the new version of the app (came out about a month ago) is so much smoother than the previous one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180623-212254_Disneyland-288x592.jpg
    Screenshot_20180623-212254_Disneyland-288x592.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter