Spring Break weeks for April??

shl1108

Mouseketeer
Hi
We are planning our trip from April 15th-April 20th to Disneyland at the Disneyland Hotel. Which is the week right after Easter.
Most all schools here in Western Washington have their spring breaks before this week. (our school is private and always takes Spring Break the week after Easter).
Because our Spring Break is so late, we are hoping this is a good year for less crowds? I did check a few Califonia and Oregon school districts and it appears that their spring breaks are before this week as well.
Does anyone know if this week will be any better for less kids out of school?
Also, is Easter Day itself busy at DL?
Thanks!!
:sunny:

We're from Washington too and originally had scheduled our trip for those dates. If you look at the disneyland calendar, park hours are similar to summer peak hours so disneyland is expecting large numbers. DL 8-12 and DCA 10-10. From past reports the weekend of Easter sunday is very very busy. Since you'll be staying onsite I would recommend taking advantage of early entry and taking a break in the afternoon when lines are unbearable. Teh good news is that fanatsmic and fireworks will be palying every night of your stay. We actually moved up our dates to March28-April 3.
Ooh. I just checked your schedule, you'll also have the Electrical Parade in DCA. I'm so jealous. It wasn't playing our last 2 trips. DH hasn't seen it since he was a little kid.

We live in Northern California and the break here is April 14-21st. We will be in Disneyland from the 19-23rd and expect it to be busy but we go during busy times 3 times per year and we have our plan "down" so we don't really even notice the large crowds. The main thing is to take advantage of early entry and leave the park by 11 or so have lunch and then hit DCA or go back for pool or nap break at your hotel and eat an early dinner and hit the parks again. The parks are VERY crowded at fireworks time so it is best to expect to not do much on one night. We usually only do a couple rides at night and then leave before Fantasmic or fireworks shows start. If you want to see those then come just for those things and don't try to tackle the crowds trying to get to the rides. Ya gotta have a game plan and then it works out great! Have fun, see ya there! Marilyn :thumbsup2

here in bc,canada our spring break is march 13-17th....have fun, we go but not til may 13

Here in Ventura spring break is the 2nd week of April for some and the 2nd and 3rd week for others.

I've been looking at a number of places around DL, and many are sold out for that timeframe. It's gonna be busy!

I think we planned our trip just right- we get there the 23rd so hopefully it'll be the day most are leaving?

We're from a huge district up in the SF bay area, and our Spring Break is April 15-23. I know of many families around here who will be joining you down at DL!

We are also on Easter Break the week after Easter -- private school in Seattle, so we will be there Apr. 22-24 (taking a couple of extra days). :cool1: I have found some properties to be sold out too, so I'm expecting CROWDS!! :crazy2:

We also get there the 23rd and I too am hoping for it to be less crowded. Does anyone know how the crowds might be??

We have to use our hopper pass to get into DCA on the 23rd (the day we arrive from AZ) to see the electrical parade, but I think it will be well worth it!!

Our Spring Break and most of the schools around us (Northern CA too) is the 14th-23rd. We will be at Disneyland from the 17th until the 21st! :cheer2:

It will be crowded but with the long hours you can still get it all done. Hopefully the weather will be great!

San Diego City Schools have the week of April 10th off. We've gone over that period the last four years - it's always busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter