Spoodles 9/30-just a few hours ago

Mickey1122

<font color=deeppink>Walt Disney World Fan<br><fon
We just had dinner at Spoodles, one of our favorite Disney restaurants. We were able to get in 20 minutes before our 9:30 ADR. We ordered the Rigatoni, Fettucine Alfredo, Chicken, Kids Pasta, and Kids Steak. Everything was fantastic, with the exception of my Fettucine Alfredo. It was too aldente. We would have asked for it to be cooked longer if our server had come by to ask how everything was. The server was a bit dissapointing, and we were a little uneased by the fact that the server was wearing a name badge that wasn't his. We skipped dessert, and got ice creams at Seashore Sweets. We go to Spoodles every trip, and will continue to, as it is one of our favorites.

A warning to those who plan on going: Do NOT get stuck in the back room. The sounds of the people around you seem louder, and the tables are very close together. It was like the back hallway thing at Alfredos in Epcot.

Thanks for the review. I think we ate in the back room once (not as open, right along the boardwalk) and didn't notice much noise, but we went in March in off-season. Glad you enjoyed it - we head back for visit #3 this December. :)

Mickey1122 said:
The server was a bit dissapointing, and we were a little uneased by the fact that the server was wearing a name badge that wasn't his.

Just curious, how did you know he was wearing someone else's name tag??

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

When castmembers forget their nametags they are given replacements for the day. It's pretty rare that you will get one in your own name.... sometimes you get one for someone of the opposite sex! :D usually the server will tell you his/her actual name, it also shows up on your bill.

~ Jen

We ate at Spoodles the other day. It was everyone's first time there. My cousin also ordered the Fettucini Alfredo. It did not look very appetizing and he said it wasn't that good. Looked greasy and not creamy. My sister got the steak, which was way over cooked. I got the Portugese Seafood Stew. I had been sick that day so my appetite was not too big. Worked out great. I just ate the shrimp and scallops (not a fan of the other seafood in the dish). Tasted OK, but not wonderful. However, my appetizer Mediterranean Dips was the best of all the foods served that night. I just wish I could have eaten more! My tablemates enjoyed them though.

Thank you for your review. Maybe we should give it another try? :confused3

We ate there last week and do not plan on going back. My husband's fettucini alfredo was also under cooked. I had the lemon chicken which I expected to have lots of flavor but was very bland.

We eat at Spoodles every single trip and would not dream of missing it! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. Thanks for the review. :sunny:

We ate at Spoodles on 10/1, our server also was wearing someone else's name tag (he told us that when we sat down) and we were also in the back room. But we were kind of loud so maybe we did not notice other people being loud! :teeth:

The food was great, and I highly recommend it! We all thought it was the best table service meal we had for the 6 days there!

We knew that he had the wrong name tag because he said his name. It was a foreign name, and we didn't really catch it the first time, but it would be awkward to ask again, if you know what I mean. It just didn't sound like the name on the badge at all.
I won't give a name because I don't want to get him in trouble. He just didn't seem to care when we told him that my pasta was undercooked. We would have told him before, but he didn't come by to check on us once during the period from when the food was delivered and when we got the check. He just sort of waved it off and we got a pretty weak "sorry." He didn't give a true apology or show any sign that he cared, which dissapointed us a little bit.
Anyway, we have had too many good WDW servers to let the not so good ones bug us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter