Split stays with EVC and no personal car.

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
I was wondering if anyone has done a split stay with an EVC but didn't have their personal car with them.
I have arthritis in my knees, and this last trip in April was very difficult because I was "too vain" to rent a scooter. 😒😩
Anyway, I have a split stay next May. I am renting a scooter. What's the best way to transport the scooter to the second resort?
Thanks...

All the time. I’m leaving Bay Lake Towers this morning. Came over from Besch Club. I travel solo so it’s all me LOL. I simply pack up my suitcases and Owners Locker and call Bell Services who come up and tag everything to go to my new resort. I happily scooter off for a nice day at the parks. Later in the day I go to my new resort and when I get to my room call Bell Services for my luggage. Very easy.

All the time. I’m leaving Bay Lake Towers this morning. Came over from Besch Club. I travel solo so it’s all me LOL. I simply pack up my suitcases and Owners Locker and call Bell Services who come up and tag everything to go to my new resort. I happily scooter off for a nice day at the parks. Later in the day I go to my new resort and when I get to my room call Bell Services for my luggage. Very easy.
That's a great idea!

This is how we have done split stays. Get everything packed up and call Bell Services to pick it up and transfer it to the new resort while we go play in a park. And then when we are done in the park, we just take the bus to the new resort and get checked into the room and call bell services to bring up the bags.

Great responses! If you're going to the park that day, use the bus system listed above. As a backup, you can even do this if you don't plan to enter the park. Take the bus to a park or to Disney Springs, get off, find your new resort bus, and be on your way.

That's exactly what I do also. And if you're renting a scooter from off-site (come to think of it, you must be), I know that at least Gold Mobility is well-aware of drop-off/pick up at separate resorts. I've used them for all my split stays.

On more than one occasion we've had split stays involving non-Disney hotels but next door to property (Disney Springs and Bonnet Creek).

My wife Ubered with out bags. I used bus transport with my wheelchair. No issues.

What we do is check out in the morning and have Bell Services transfer our luggage, then go to the parks for the day and head over to the new hotel at night, have Bell Services bring our luggage.

One downside to having WDW transport your bags is that you can't access your stuff for several hours until it arrives at the 2nd resort.

So just be aware if you need medication or something else to take it with you in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter