• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split stay and fastpasses

Reporting my recent experience: I have a split stay coming up--1 night at CSR (Apr 29) + 7 nights AKL, immediately following. I'm solo on the CSR night and then with my sister on the AKL nights. We both have APs.

At my CSR 60-day window I was able to book all 9 days of FP+s for me and 7 for my sister. We had to wait until her 60-day window to open the next day to book her 8th FP+ day.

But my experience isn't necessarily the usual one, as I've seen a lot of posts from people who haven't been able to do this. Fix this, Disney!

And here’s mine: I’m booked for 2 nights at Pop, 3 at POR, and 5 at a FW Cabin. All consecutive. I’m solo for Pop and POR and my Mom is joining me at FW. I have an AP and she has a 4 Park Magic ticket that’s not effective until her arrival date. I was able to book for both of us 60 days out from my check in date at Pop, even though it was 65 days before both her Resort reservation and the date on her ticket.

I’ll add that I’ve been booking split stays for three years now and the only time that the full window didn’t open for me was the first trip I took after we found out they were closing a lot of FP loopholes. My FP booking date was just a few weeks after the news came out and sure enough, I had to book each set of FPs separately. But then for my next trip, the full window opened at 60 days again.

Last edited:
So what I’m gathering is, it’s a total gamble as to what will happen with the FP booking window once that first reservation is within the 60 days. Fingers crossed we get lucky! Do CM’s know why this is happening? Or should it be happening?

I have a split stay Caribbean Beach and Beach Club I was able to book fast passes for the entire trip on 60 days out of first night. Happy Dance

So it sounds like it depends on the number of days of tickets you have with your first reservation, rather than where you are staying for the duration. 😊

So it sounds like it depends on the number of days of tickets you have with your first reservation, rather than where you are staying for the duration. 😊

My understand, this is correct. Tickets are now dated. So if you're onsite, you get 60 days + from the start of your ticket. Whether you split hotel stays or not.

We are arriving 6/26, but our tickets don't start until 6/27 -- we did a split stay for free dining. And free dining had to have a ticket linked. So no tickets our first day.
I suspect my 60 day window won't actually open until 60 days before 6/27.

We are arriving 6/26, but our tickets don't start until 6/27 -- we did a split stay for free dining. And free dining had to have a ticket linked. So no tickets our first day.
I suspect my 60 day window won't actually open until 60 days before 6/27.

Your FP window opens 60 days from your check-in day regardless of the dates of your tickets.

Your FP window opens 60 days from your check-in day regardless of the dates of your tickets.

I hope that is indeed correct. Which would make my first ticket day a 60+1 day.... giving me a slightly better chance of getting FOP FP for that day. And a better chance of getting a good fp for DHS on my second day, which will actually be 60+2.

I hope that is indeed correct. Which would make my first ticket day a 60+1 day.... giving me a slightly better chance of getting FOP FP for that day. And a better chance of getting a good fp for DHS on my second day, which will actually be 60+2.

It is correct and is the same advantage that has existed ever since the introduction of FP+. And the same advantage shared among everyone else checking in on your same day as well.

Well, the CM was wrong when she told me I couldn’t book all of my FP+ for my entire stay with the split stay. I was easily able to book them, 60+ days in advance.

So it seems like the problem was resolved, and all is well!

I have a split stay including one night at Universal in the middle of my trip (5 nights at BC, 1 night at Universal, 4 nights at AKL), with 7 day tickets.
Any idea whether I should be able to book FPP for the whole stay? Or does the one night off-property mess that up for me?

Thanks for any insight!

Well, the CM was wrong when she told me I couldn’t book all of my FP+ for my entire stay with the split stay. I was easily able to book them, 60+ days in advance.

I’m stunned.

I have a split stay including one night at Universal in the middle of my trip (5 nights at BC, 1 night at Universal, 4 nights at AKL), with 7 day tickets.
Any idea whether I should be able to book FPP for the whole stay? Or does the one night off-property mess that up for me?

Thanks for any insight!

For purposes of FP booking, you do not have a ”split stay”. You have two separate stays completely independent of each other.

Thank you for updating us all! That is great news!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter