It sounds like a great trip and split choices. I would personally skip the TPV. IMO it’s not the greatest view from Poly, and like a pp stated, all of the views at the Poly are great.

Now I would pay for TPV at CR but that’s the only resort.

The only downfall for LM rooms at AoA if you get caught in the rain, especially summer torrential downpours as they are the furthest, but the theming of the entire resort is amazing especially with younger children.

Thank you so much everyone, this has genuinely been so helpful.

I have seen a few people mention that there can be issues with tying your whole split stay trip into one booking - so, for example, if FP+ returned you would only be able to book passes for the duration of your first resort stay at 60 days out from day 1, not for the whole 2 weeks. Bookings for the second resort stay wouldn’t kick in until 60 days before the first day staying in the second resort, if that makes sense. Does anyone know if that’s the case? Hypothetical for now of course, but if FP+ and 60 day booking do return I’d like to know Disney will consider our booking as one big trip? Perhaps it’s not an issue if booking direct with Disney but can be if it’s through an agent?

Have you considered DVC? The money you're spending on these accommodations could be spent that way, too. It might be worth it to you if you go very often like you stated.

At any rate, a split stay with EPCOT and DHS days through easy access on the Skyliner and then a monorail resort for MK sounds amazing. I am partial to the view that the kids at these ages will have an absolute blast at the Disney resorts and it's worth it just for that (if you can swing it). But definitely don't need the theme park view at Poly, it's not close enough to be easily appreciated from that distance and you get good views elsewhere on the resort.

I have not stayed at AOA LM rooms but once a cars suite...
We had a nice time but the next time we had two connecting rooms at pop. We really preferred the 2 connecting rooms... we had two bathrooms and it made a big difference.
The only issue with this they can not promise you can have connecting rooms. :(
You should consider renting someones DVC points? For the same money you can have a kitchen in a really nice resort. Check out the dvc thread for more on that.

I have seen a few people mention that there can be issues with tying your whole split stay trip into one booking - so, for example, if FP+ returned you would only be able to book passes for the duration of your first resort stay at 60 days out from day 1, not for the whole 2 weeks. Bookings for the second resort stay wouldn’t kick in until 60 days before the first day staying in the second resort, if that makes sense. Does anyone know if that’s the case?
Yes, this is a thing. Maybe contact Disney directly and ask if they can do anything.

Have you considered DVC? The money you're spending on these accommodations could be spent that way, too. It might be worth it to you if you go very often like you stated.

At any rate, a split stay with EPCOT and DHS days through easy access on the Skyliner and then a monorail resort for MK sounds amazing. I am partial to the view that the kids at these ages will have an absolute blast at the Disney resorts and it's worth it just for that (if you can swing it). But definitely don't need the theme park view at Poly, it's not close enough to be easily appreciated from that distance and you get good views elsewhere on the resort.
We’ve definitely considered DVC and I think once the world of travel settles down a little we will consider buying in for sure. We would love to rent in the meantime but, again, are nervous due to the uncertainty around trips at the moment. We’re looking at summer 2022 but if it gets to spring 2022 and there are still lots of restrictions and/or significantly less on site perks, we may consider postponing - so that rules out renting points as far as I can see.
We have decided again TPV thanks so this thread, so thanks!

I have not stayed at AOA LM rooms but once a cars suite...
We had a nice time but the next time we had two connecting rooms at pop. We really preferred the 2 connecting rooms... we had two bathrooms and it made a big difference.
The only issue with this they can not promise you can have connecting rooms. :(
You should consider renting someones DVC points? For the same money you can have a kitchen in a really nice resort. Check out the dvc thread for more on that.
Interesting re Pop, might check that out! Have definitely considered renting DVC points but want to have flexibility to postpone our trip if there are still significant restrictions/limited on site perks, so I think booking with Disney or an agent is safer. Hurts to pay full price when I look at the DVC rental costs though - will definitely go down that route once things settle down!

We’ve definitely considered DVC and I think once the world of travel settles down a little we will consider buying in for sure. We would love to rent in the meantime but, again, are nervous due to the uncertainty around trips at the moment. We’re looking at summer 2022 but if it gets to spring 2022 and there are still lots of restrictions and/or significantly less on site perks, we may consider postponing - so that rules out renting points as far as I can see.
We have decided again TPV thanks so this thread, so thanks!
I think that's quite wise, we don't know what the world will look like. Can't take anything for granted anymore! Booking hotel rooms gives you much more flexibility and you'd have control of the reservation. And if there are any special rates between now and then you can call and see if they can apply them. Do note that there are EMH--they're just different now (all parks, but only 30 min and only in the morning; should spread out people but I'll really miss those evening hours!). But to me the best perk was FP+ booking, hopefully that will be back by the time of your stay!

So I also learned from the CM at pop.
Ajoining room means nextdoor
Connecting means they connect.

Some traveling families want to be nextdoor but not connected. I get that I dont want to be connected to some of my family members lol.View attachment 568167

Yes, it's a very common misconception that adjoining and connecting mean the same thing. In travel-speak at least, they mean very different things.

Basically all connecting rooms are also adjoining, but not all adjoining rooms connect. Adjoining could be next door without a door in between, back to back, across the hall, or in the case of some Disney resorts, around the corner from each other (think the building set up at CBR - adjoining rooms could be corner rooms in different sections of the building).

For connecting rooms request, where/when do you request this? I don't see it anywhere online. Or do you have to call to request this? Helping my sister plan. Her name is on one room but other room is in another family member's name. But all reservations were made under my sister's name/account. Thanks!

This sounds like a great plan! Two fantastic resorts.

If your kids can all fit in one queen size bed, there's no reason to get a family suite. Save the money and stick with Little Mermaid rooms.

Poly's theme park view is great, and worth it for the water view alone in my opinion. Fireworks should be back by then too.

I believe staying on property is still worth it. It makes park hopping and mid-day breaks much easier and makes it feel like a Disney trip.

My only suggestion would be to look at the price of staying at Caribbean Beach instead of Art of Animation. It has a great pool and better Skyliner access, no need to transfer.

This sounds like a great plan! Two fantastic resorts.

If your kids can all fit in one queen size bed, there's no reason to get a family suite. Save the money and stick with Little Mermaid rooms.

Poly's theme park view is great, and worth it for the water view alone in my opinion. Fireworks should be back by then too.

I believe staying on property is still worth it. It makes park hopping and mid-day breaks much easier and makes it feel like a Disney trip.

My only suggestion would be to look at the price of staying at Caribbean Beach instead of Art of Animation. It has a great pool and better Skyliner access, no need to transfer.
This is so useful, thank you! We were due to stay at Caribbean Beach last summer actually but obviously that did not happen! It’s definitely on our list to try but we thought next year might be prime ages for our boys being wowed by the theming at AOA.

they won’t. Not even for ADRS. Years ago, if you were a DVC member and had a split stay, they could do something about the dining but not the FP
Yes, we found this out the hard way when our ADR day came and we could only book dinin for the first resort stay. There is nothing they can do to connect it, at least at present.

This is so useful, thank you! We were due to stay at Caribbean Beach last summer actually but obviously that did not happen! It’s definitely on our list to try but we thought next year might be prime ages for our boys being wowed by the theming at AOA.

I like that plan. The theming really is amazing.

Yes, we found this out the hard way when our ADR day came and we could only book dinin for the first resort stay. There is nothing they can do to connect it, at least at present.
Yes, I called to check, this is still the case - no way to pull two resort reservations into one booking. This has put me off a little as one of the main reasons for us staying the full two weeks on property was to grab those early ADRs and FPs for the whole trip (if those are back to normal by then).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter