Split entrees

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
Looking for input from those who have split entres at Disney and Disney Springs Resturants? Did the resturant allow and was their a charge?

Thanks

We split often too without issue. We even split the Taste of the Bayou at Boatwrights which is an AYCTE platter. We couldn't order free refills since we were sharing but it was more than enough food on the first platter. (The CM did tell us we could actually order more of any item but would have to pay a small fee).

We split often too without issue. We even split the Taste of the Bayou at Boatwrights which is an AYCTE platter. We couldn't order free refills since we were sharing but it was more than enough food on the first platter. (The CM did tell us we could actually order more of any item but would have to pay a small fee).
I didn’t know that this was possible! We’ve avoided the AYCTE places because we’d be wasting so much food.

I didn’t know that this was possible! We’ve avoided the AYCTE places because we’d be wasting so much food.
So I don't think it will work in restaurants that are strictly AYCTE such as Liberty Tree Tavern, Garden Grill or 'Ohana but it's worth asking in places that offer a la carte items as well as AYCTE platters such as Boatwrights and Whispering Canyon. YMMV

No problem with splitting unless it is a buffet. Most quick service restaurants will allow adults to get the kid's meal too.

I am going to assume - per person pre fixe only menus and buffets are the exclusion to legit meal entree sharing .. I would be very uncomfortable to say “nothing for me” and plate skimming throughout the meal. Has it been done - no doubt it has but can’t imagine how awkward that makes it for everyone including the server to enforce it.

1. Like others, we usually split our food order, especially the entree.
. . . frequently, we split the appy or salad
. . . we usually split the entree and sides
. . . if we can agree on a dessert, we split it or ask for two forks/spoons/plates
2. To warrant the prices, an entree at WDW is usually quite large for one person.
3. There is NEVER a question or comment from the waiter/waitress for splitting.
4. They typically bring an empty extra dish so you can split the entree or appy by yourself.
5. You could also ask the server to split the items equally instead of you doing it.

We split as well, usually order app, salad and an entrees. I’m just not a big eater but like having several things to try.

Split? Most of our friends and family consider all dining other than AYCE as communal.
We even get extra plates at V&A to share nibbles with each other unless DW and I are solo.

We like Il Mulino because they offer 1/2 orders of their pasta dishes.

I like all their appetizers, so when it comes to entrees I like the ability to order a smaller serving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter