• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spirit Airlines Boarding Procedures?

Kevenswife2

WDW vs DLR...impossible to choose a favorite!
I'm flying Spirit for the first time in a week. Since it's just me I chose not to spend the extra money to pre-choose my seat. What is their boarding procedure like?

I'm guessing it's the assigned seat people board first and then it's a free-for-all with the rest of us rushing the gate to be the first on to fill a prime spot. lol :scared: (I usually fly Southwest so I know what that's like)

Maybe I'll be assigned a seat when I check in?

you'll receive a seat assignment when you do online check in. It will be on your boarding pass.

Funny story, I flew Spirit 2 weeks ago EWR to MCO. the night before, I looked at the seating, and thought, OMG this flight is more than 1/2 empty! Great. I moved our seats back from row 7 to row 17, hoping for one seat in row to stay unoccupied. WELL, I forgot about the "assigned seats at checkin" factor. It was a FULL flight! DUH. Looks like more than 1/2 people rolled the dice on seating assignments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter