"Sounds Like Summer"... Elton John Tribute

flyinglizard

DIS Veteran
We went over to EPCOT today to see Walt Wise do his "Captain Fantasmic" show. He's the same guy who did the Billy Joel Tribute last week, "52nd Street". A very talented performer and the trio backing him up is very good.

We missed the first set because of the rain, but my DW and I both enjoyed the last two sets even though they didn't do any of my favorites from the EJ concerts. They played all of the big commercial hits... Still, it was a great evening, and a really good tribute band.

elton.jpg

Walt looks nothing like Elton John but he does sound like him and his show is excellent!

Although my socks were soaked and at the end of the day, I did get a Banana gelato from the Beach Club. They didn't have pistachio today, but offered toasted almond instead. Good to have a little variety from week to week.

My favorite group from last year, "Transit Authority", a tribute to CHICAGO, starts Monday. I may take a day off, but I'll be there more than once! I hope someone out there will be there too! An amazing group!

Walt looks nothing like Elton John but he does sound like him and his show is excellent!

You can say that again! The impersonator in Vegas at least had a gap in his teeth like EJ. I haven't decided whether EJ impersonators are honoring him or insulting him. To me, no one can truly and convincingly impersonate EJ-he's one of a kind.

Hope you enjoyed the show though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter