"Sounds Dangerous" Is FINALLY Going To "Attraction Heaven"

It needed to be done. I will miss the sound booths in the exit area. They were what I remember most from my first trip to MGM in May '89, just a couple of days after it opened.

I wonder what will replace it.

Between Sounds Dangerous and that Narnia attraction DHS had the two biggest waste of time and space attractions in WDW,Narnia already closed and thankfully Sounds Dangerous is going away,maybe Stitch will be next.

It needed to be done. I will miss the sound booths in the exit area. They were what I remember most from my first trip to MGM in May '89, just a couple of days after it opened.

This is the only part of the attraction I've ever experienced- those air conditioned, dark booths were a heavenly place to sneak away and escape the heat and crowds for a few minutes... :thumbsup2

I was kind of sad that I never got to see it. I actually got to be in the Monster Sound Show back in the day. I was in charge of the chandelier that crashed down as one of my sounds. Because it took a while to reset, they told me not to pull it in the practice we did. Then, I forgot to pull it during the actual show until about 10 seconds after the chandelier hit the floor. :rotfl: It's still the biggest embarrassment in front of an audience I've ever had.

I'm really glad DH and I got to experience it last trip. It's definitely not something I"d ever do again, but I'm glad I got to at least once.

I know it wasn't in the SD building, but I wish they'd bring back Super Star Television!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 That was, by far, the best part of DHS! My sister's and I got to be in the Gilligan's Island skit when we were little - still one of my best memories of Disney world ever.

This is the only part of the attraction I've ever experienced- those air conditioned, dark booths were a heavenly place to sneak away and escape the heat and crowds for a few minutes... :thumbsup2

My favorite part of Rafiki's Planet Watch (unless they happened to be performing some cool medical procedures) is the booth with the earphones where you can listen to the jungle.

Good:thumbsup2that's some prime piece of real estate and should certainly be put to better use. The two times we "saw" SD I fell asleep:rotfl2:

Between Sounds Dangerous and that Narnia attraction DHS had the two biggest waste of time and space attractions in WDW,Narnia already closed and thankfully Sounds Dangerous is going away,maybe Stitch will be next.

I'm guessing that I'm one of the tiny amount of people that not only likes the Peoplemover, but really liked the Alien Encounter and enjoyed the Stitch reincarnation.:confused3 Of course, I even miss the gratuitous airline ad ride--though I will have to agree that the Space Ranger Spin is way more fun. :rotfl:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 That was, by far, the best part of DHS! My sister's and I got to be in the Gilligan's Island skit when we were little - still one of my best memories of Disney world ever.

My sister got to be Ginger, and my dad was apart of the Golden Girls skit, was the sexy detective! This is my favorite memory of my first trip to wdw back in 1993!

The whole 2 times we went in there and put on those headphones all I could think was LICE!:scared1: I itched for hours afterward. I'm itching just thinking about it now. I am a hairdresser, and had kids, so I think about these things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter