Something interesting a CM told me this morning.

I would assume it is there to ensure people arent complaining about things to get compensation

I'm sure that's part of it, I knew a person years back that used to always complain about stuff everywhere and laughed about it saying how he got this or that for free because of him complaining even if everything was fine,
Last I knew as far as I know he still did it.

I'm a little disappointed there isn't a good guest list,.

Most people are decent and this list would be way to big compared to the naughty list

Most people are decent and this list would be way to big compared to the naughty list

Good, not decent. So like those better than average. Basically people who stand out. And if it's a database it's not that far fetched of an idea. Long means nothing in that case. And it would be easier than the costume database I've been trying to implement for work, that's for sure.

Have some sort of identifying element to connect comments (like an email or phone number) and it creates a file that collects all things together. It doesn't have to be something anyone memorizes. It would be a backend sort of idea.

Also old thread is old. I forgot about this thread :rotfl2:

People on social media have described losing their APs for discount abuse, this was at DL not WDW. They tracked some people who used their AP discount to buy up hard to get items, and then resold them for profit. It violates the AP discount policy.... they got letters in the mail that they were revoked.

I'm so curious what's in the files!
....me too....in 2013 when we visited for the F&WF, we stayed the first night at ASMusic, and boy was it AWFUL! Our room wasn't ready until after 5PM[we were in a park at the time], so when we actually got to the room for the first time, the TV didn't work, the phone didn't work, and one of the lights didn't work. I had to use my cell phone (and 3 tries later) to get in touch with the front desk. They put us into another room....talk about going from the frying pan to the fire - it smelled like frying oil and garlic! Needless to say, when we returned home, I sent a letter of complaint, but it got nowhere...I had to lodge that same complaint on 3 separate occasions....:scratchin I wonder if I'm a 'treasured guest' now? :eek:

....me too....in 2013 when we visited for the F&WF, we stayed the first night at ASMusic, and boy was it AWFUL! Our room wasn't ready until after 5PM[we were in a park at the time], so when we actually got to the room for the first time, the TV didn't work, the phone didn't work, and one of the lights didn't work. I had to use my cell phone (and 3 tries later) to get in touch with the front desk. They put us into another room....talk about going from the frying pan to the fire - it smelled like frying oil and garlic! Needless to say, when we returned home, I sent a letter of complaint, but it got nowhere...I had to lodge that same complaint on 3 separate occasions....:scratchin I wonder if I'm a 'treasured guest' now? :eek:

A couple of times I've gone to the front desk to report when something is wrong in our room. Not to try to get something for it. More to report so it can get fixed for us or for the next guest. Luckily it usually isn't something major. But if things don't get reported, they can't get fixed. I hope I'm not a treasured guest too! :-)

I was once injured by another guest, and although security promptly disappeared, our group got all kinds of magical surprises all week. It was presented as random, but I'm pretty sure they were just trying to keep us happy. I think they also have a "treat them good" list. :scratchin

Last edited:
LOL!! Im probably on that list from trip back in Oct.
We stayed at Dolphin before moving over to BWV. Our last night at Dolphin, we went too the lounge and ordered. While sitting at the bar, a burly fellow tapped me on the shoulder, told me he was a NYC cop and he saw the bartender swipe my card in some device other than an official credit card machine. So I got the manager, and all the while the bartender had conveniently gone off shift, 8pm at night. By the time it was all done, the management, security, etc were all siding with the bartender, and needless to say, I will not be back at S&D to stay.

So we move over to BWV and as we bed down, we realize a light just outside on our patio won't turn off, no switch anywhere. Turns out its a security light but not sure why it matters 4 stories up. So we call front desk, no reply, go to front desk, and finally get maint. to resolve by removing it. I would have done that myself and not rocked the boat had I known it would cause such a ruckus. The maint. guy admitted they remove it a lot because of complaints. Trivial I know, and I am the last one that wants to be "that guy" but we are light sleepers so any light, noise, etc will keep us awake.

After these 2 incidences we noticed that CMs around the resort when we would approach treated us differently. Dang, all wanted was to not be cheated on my CC and a little sleep. Is that too much to ask:duck:

The naughty list is a common customer service tool. I keep trying to tell my husband this when he complains to Comcast...
I’m definitely on Comcast’s naughty list. AT&T’s too. But, if they didn’t suck so much then I wouldn’t have to be so mean to them.

Thankfully I never have that issue with Disney.

Hoping this changed. I was trying all day to sign up for das and finally got a lady and was almost done with the process and lost the connection. It was after hours then but I had her on chat. She was really nice and asked her lead what she could do if anything but since she didn’t get my picture I have to check in at city hall. She said “I am going to leave a note on your ticket explaining what happened today. When talking to a Guest Relations cast member please let them you have what is called a 'Magic File' so they are able to look at my notes!” I wasn’t mean Or nasty to her

How do they find out the names of the perps if the perps aren't willing to divulge them?
Usually, they are more than happy to give theeir names becausee they want people to know they are complaining.

If you are talking about the ones with alcohol, they can ask for tickets and ID. If you refuse, Anaheim PD is rarely more than a few feet away to help out.
A couple of times I've gone to the front desk to report when something is wrong in our room. Not to try to get something for it. More to report so it can get fixed for us or for the next guest. Luckily it usually isn't something major. But if things don't get reported, they can't get fixed. I hope I'm not a treasured guest too! :-)
It is usually saved for bigger issues.

Hoping this changed. I was trying all day to sign up for das and finally got a lady and was almost done with the process and lost the connection. It was after hours then but I had her on chat. She was really nice and asked her lead what she could do if anything but since she didn’t get my picture I have to check in at city hall. She said “I am going to leave a note on your ticket explaining what happened today. When talking to a Guest Relations cast member please let them you have what is called a 'Magic File' so they are able to look at my notes!” I wasn’t mean Or nasty to her
In your case, she has left notes to tell there person you have had some major problems, and in such cases, they will often offer something like a snack coupon or a dining gift card or something like that to make a little magic for you.

Usually, they are more than happy to give theeir names becausee they want people to know they are complaining.

If you are talking about the ones with alcohol, they can ask for tickets and ID. If you refuse, Anaheim PD is rarely more than a few feet away to help out.
It is usually saved for bigger issues.

In your case, she has left notes to tell there person you have had some major problems, and in such cases, they will often offer something like a snack coupon or a dining gift card or something like that to make a little magic for you.
I was just a little worried after I searched up what a “magic file” was and found two threads on here. I feel a little better.

Ah what a lovely old thread, it's funny now what we know about corporate engagement with customers that we really didn't know when this thread started.

There was an article a while back about customer scores companies would give, and your level of customer support, the chances of a refund, and other items were dependent on this score. I play an MMO game online and the people who pay $2000-$3000 get much better customer service responses than those who pay much less (we compare notes online), for example.

I don't know if Disney Parks has gone that far in implementing a customer score algorithmically, though.

I didn't realize how old this thread was until I got to the last few entries, LOL. I was happily reading about the naughty list and speculations as to what might land you in the X-files when I finally saw that it was from BC (before Covid). Oh, well--it was still a fun read even though I probably read it the first time around and just don't remember :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!