Something About Nothing............ #14

Storm?? What storm…….lol…..

Lovely morning, met a friend for coffee, went some shopping, rain came on, rain went off now it’s lovely, bit breezy but so very humid.

Went to my favourite place ever today for lunch……

@keishashadow

You HAVE to go here! Lee and Ricks Oyster Bar…….

IMG_3766.jpeg

There were a dozen, but I couldn’t wait!

Some were huge, but best oysters I have ever eaten! Will fill you in with more details later, but, amazing!!

Yes it’s a little cloudy and breezy, but hasn’t impacted anything despite the naysayers enjoying reporting rain where there isn’t any…….hmmm.

Off for a cup of tea, yes, I am a dedicated tea drinker, then we’ll see.

Dinner tonight with friends, looking forward to that!!

Oh and Pepsi everywhere here mac, never had an issue finding it.

Quick Thursday stop in!!!!

Quiet night last night. NO walk as it was super windy and chilly from it raining all day. It might be time for me to switch from walking outside to going to the gym now.

I think my airfryer has finally died :sad: While I was cooking last night, it wasn't hot enough to cook our steaks and the timer stopped counting down when I tried to finish my roasted tatters. Now to try to replace it. I do love using it and have used this almost daily.

Son- in-law arrived last night with their dogs. We will have them now until they move back here. They are worried about their oldest dog having to deal with another move. He has a lot of anxiety the poor little guy. And they love being at our house, so they are now moving back in with Gramps and Grammie lol.

DD has been texting me about the storm currently brewing. She knows we want to go to Tampa/Clearwater one day...and if we don't to go there because of storm damage, we will find something else to do . I foresee a pool day with some beverages :rolleyes1

I’m looking forward to this weekend getaway even if we might get rained on.
Have a great weekend away. I hope your team win their game as well!!! I'm like you today - I'm letting my casual gal do all the work today with me over seeing. I'm currently watching youtube park videos!
We don’t have a generator but we do have enough cat food before the second coming of the Lord.

Mr Mac hit the stores yesterday for junk food and beer.
It sounds like your as prepared as you need to be. Snacks would be my #1 priority as well ;)

Well, I should get going.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Forgot to add

View attachment 898214

@schumigirl I would say - " stay safe" but I know from previous trip reports that you will be treated like royalty and will be very well taken care of.

Thank you, we’re back in the suite right now, but looking out at sunshine, cloud and a breeze, hotter than heck though! We don’t need to leave the complex the rest of the day and tonight now so we’re happy as a sandbox!

Oh goodness yes, they do look after us very well indeed!

HHN has been cancelled for tonight too, parks are open and Citywalk closes at 8pm.

We had one outer band come thru earlier. 30mph gust and rain for about 10 minutes. Sunny right now, hint of a breeze. Supposed to get gnarly around dark.

Yes, later might be an eye opener, hope you don’t get it bad and no damage to your property DJ. It’s much breezier here now but sunnier than ever…..couldn’t make it up.

The view from our suite right now. Not as bad as folks would like to think.

IMG_3768.jpeg

Passing an hour or so from the heat and watching Jaws with a spicy margarita, it’s nice having a full size fridge to hold stuff.

Made some pecan bars with chocolate drizzle.
OMGosh! Those look so yummy! Love them.
Watched Deathly Hallows 1...one more Sunday night movie - then we are on our way!!!!!
yeah! That's the right way to start a vacation:)
Don’t want to look @ pasta for a long time. It was a big hit. We won grand raffle priz
Congratulations on winning the grand raffle prize! Way to go.
oh, I could go on, do you have an hour? Lol

I silently say a prayer when i see a baby obviously, no more than a few weeks old in the parks. No hat, nor sun shade, etc.
I know what you mean. Why do people take babies out in the hot sun without a hat or cover? I'll never understand it.
Once of my chores as a kid was to keep the crab apples that had fallen off the tree picked up so the deer/bears/lord knows what didn’t attract to back yard & then decide to raid the garden & trash
OH, Janet, it sounds like you had a lot of bear problems with the apple trees when you were young. It is pretty scary!
110%. It’s been a great couple of weeks, some very close games.
Yes, and I assume your team starts with a S and ends with a S????
I almost missed the bear story! That is scary, hope you continue to not see any of them,
Thankfully that's the last we have seen of them, so far.....
I am counting the days to November.
So am I. We leave November 2nd!
It's single digit dance time
yes, 9, no 8 days now?
Woohoo! We’re not far behind you. Reminds me to nudge the mr’s family along there as to packing
Packing is one of my favorite things to do. It really gets me in the mood that we are really going!
We don’t have a generator but we do have enough cat food before the second coming of the Lord.
LOL, I love that.
I am more of a coke person but Pepsi is fine for me.
Coke for sure here. Won't drink anything else.
We had one outer band come thru earlier. 30mph gust and rain for about 10 minutes.
I hope you don't get anymore than that this time around. You must be pretty close to the cone?

Well, here we are having an extended warm fall, which usually never happens in Mn. So it's 80's this week, then the big dip in temp arrives. I will be happy because I really like the fall temps.

I know Carole and Tom are loving the heat and beautiful weather they are having in Orlando right now. It looks like this will continue for them. I don't think I would like 90's or over 100, but know that Carole loves it:) It looks like they are having the best time.

Kind of a boring day today. Went grocery shopping at 2 stores, and still can't decide what to fix for dinner. We ate out last night, so I can't get away with that tonight, LOL. I might do the old standby: Fried smoked sausage and potatoes with scrambled eggs. It's always good and easy to make when I am lazy.

Have a good end of the week and weekend everyone.

ruth

We never did make it to the store today for groceries as line waits were absolutely crazy in the parking lots.

But do have can soup in our pantry.

I am more concerned of losing internet connection than food tomorrow.

Prayers that you don’t lose power. We have considered buying a generator.
A great idea...even better to take it out of the box. lol the retirement present the Mr requested many moons ago is still sitting gathering dust.

In his defense, the man rarely sits still, always multiple projects going

There were a dozen, but I couldn’t wait!
Hahaha they are huge
think my airfryer has finally died
I'd be lost
IMG_3485.jpeg
Who do you root for?
Yikes. Worst case u could heat it on outdoor grill. Hopefully, won't get to that point.

Creepy account, local
Authorities have cautioned those who refused to comply with evacuation orders, to write their personal info on arm in sharpie so they can be identified afterwards. If that doesn't penetrate their thick heads, it'll never happen. SMH

Saw one report indicate rain bands may, of all places, wind up settling over St. Louis area for a real drenching

Never really know the interior track till it makes landfall. Waiting to hear so difficult for those in the possible later path

Keisha I gave my grill away many moons ago.
We eat out a lot so the grill was not used much the past few years.

Since it’s just the two of us and we don’t eat as heavy like we use to.

OMGosh! Those look so yummy! Love them.

yeah! That's the right way to start a vacation:)

Congratulations on winning the grand raffle prize! Way to go.

I know what you mean. Why do people take babies out in the hot sun without a hat or cover? I'll never understand it.

OH, Janet, it sounds like you had a lot of bear problems with the apple trees when you were young. It is pretty scary!

Thankfully that's the last we have seen of them, so far.....

So am I. We leave November 2nd!

yes, 9, no 8 days now?

Packing is one of my favorite things to do. It really gets me in the mood that we are really going!

LOL, I love that.

Coke for sure here. Won't drink anything else.

I hope you don't get anymore than that this time around. You must be pretty close to the cone?

Well, here we are having an extended warm fall, which usually never happens in Mn. So it's 80's this week, then the big dip in temp arrives. I will be happy because I really like the fall temps.

I know Carole and Tom are loving the heat and beautiful weather they are having in Orlando right now. It looks like this will continue for them. I don't think I would like 90's or over 100, but know that Carole loves it:) It looks like they are having the best time.

Kind of a boring day today. Went grocery shopping at 2 stores, and still can't decide what to fix for dinner. We ate out last night, so I can't get away with that tonight, LOL. I might do the old standby: Fried smoked sausage and potatoes with scrambled eggs. It's always good and easy to make when I am lazy.

Have a good end of the week and weekend everyone.

ruth

We certainly are Ruth and yes the weather has been wonderful our whole trip so far, even yesterday didn’t impact us at all. I’m always amazed people that aren’t here try to say it’s raining when it really isn’t lol……

Boring days are good Ruth at times, and keep taking it easy, no chasing bears either….. 😉

We never did make it to the store today for groceries as line waits were absolutely crazy in the parking lots.

I am more concerned of losing internet connection than food tomorrow.

Yep, internet is priceless!!

A great idea...even better to take it out of the box. lol the retirement present the Mr requested many moons ago is still sitting gathering dust.

Hahaha they are huge

I'd be lost

View attachment 898298
Who do you root for?

Yikes. Worst case u could heat it on outdoor grill. Hopefully, won't get to that point.

Creepy account, local
Authorities have cautioned those who refused to comply with evacuation orders, to write their personal info on arm in sharpie so they can be identified afterwards. If that doesn't penetrate their thick heads, it'll never happen. SMH

Saw one report indicate rain bands may, of all places, wind up settling over St. Louis area for a real drenching

Never really know the interior track till it makes landfall. Waiting to hear so difficult for those in the possible later path

You will love it there! A definitely return place for us.

Just heard the news about Maggie Smith. 😢

Very sad news indeed, seemingly a lovely lady and known for much more in the UK than Potter and Downton Abbey. The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie is a very early memory for me watching her, she was incredible.

Wand raising for her tonight in Hogsmeade at 7pm, think we might wander in to see that tonight.

Blink and you’d have missed the so called storm here. It rained last night and was windy, but we were in SW so didn’t affect us at all. Bit of a clean up for the pool areas this morning and the safety net for The Hulk was being fixed, but apart from that…..nothing to see here! Doom and gloomers were wrong.

Hope DJ was fine where he is and had no damage at all…….all that matters!

Today is gorgeous again and still as hot and humid, unlike Ian that took away the humidity in 2022.

Park time this morning, quiet at first but it is getting busier. HHN is going to be rammed tonight apparently, from predictions after last nights cancellations.

Lazy afternoon and maybe IOA and Citywalk tonight, have never managed That bar crawl yet!

Have a lovely Friday……:)

No damage for us. Lost power intermittently. Tree are down all around town. We had gusts over 60 for 3 hours but nothing like west of is. We were 150 miles East of the eye.

RIP Maggie, you were a touch of class and dignity in everything you did.

Hahaha they are huge

I'd be lost

View attachment 898298
Who do you root for?

Creepy account, local

Well..........since I am from Minnnesota, I guess I support the Vikings. But there are a lot of other teams that I would like to see win. I just enjoy watching the NFL and a good game:) I used to be a big Green Bay Packer fan, which is a big no-no in Mn., but quit after Farve leftl, LOL

It's Friday :cheer2: I made it!!!! Thank goodness - and it's another long weekend for us. There is a government holiday for " Truth and Reconciliation Day". So I'm a happy happy gal. I'll be packing that day I think ::yes::

Another quiet night last night. Didn't do much. Ran to Michael's to pick up a shirt for my casual girl to make me a t-shirt for one of our park days! And I found the perfect one for dh and ds's. So I will be running over lunch to grab them t-shirts. My casual gal will be doing me a huge favor making them last minute.

We now have dd's dogs with us. Last night was their first night. Hopefully they will settle in again. Son-in-law will be moving in next Tuesday as he starts at his new job next Wednesday. The dogs will be happy to see their dad again.

It is amazing what we can come up with for a meal when the time calls for something to eat.
Creepy account, local
ummmmm :eek: That is just crazy!
Just heard the news about Maggie Smith. 😢
I seen that too. :sad:
Blink and you’d have missed the so called storm here. It rained last night and was windy, but we were in SW so didn’t affect us at all. Bit of a clean up for the pool areas this morning and the safety net for The Hulk was being fixed, but apart from that…..nothing to see here! Doom and gloomers were wrong.
I'm glad there was minor damage there.
No damage for us. Lost power intermittently. Tree are down all around town. We had gusts over 60 for 3 hours but nothing like west of is. We were 150 miles East of the eye.
I've be waiting to see what I can find to see the damage. It's great to hear that all is well with you!

Well, I should find something to do :surfweb:

Have a great day everyone!

Wand raising for her tonight in Hogsmeade at 7pm, think we might wander in to see that tonight.
I love that they do that whenever a cast member passes.

No damage for us.
Great to hear.

Well, I’m bummed. The football game has been cancelled, so no trip to NC for us. The owner of the motel we were going to stay at called me this morning to see if I wanted to reschedule. The game won’t be rescheduled, but I think we will reschedule the hotel stay anyway just for a little getaway. The problem is finding a weekend where dh and I are free and the motel has vacancy.

Since the whole weekend has been canceled I will spend it working on my cross stitch. Here is a sneak peek at what I am working on. It will probably take me at least a year to finish. I’m not quite 1/3 complete.

IMG_0671.jpeg

I would love to see that. Hopefully someone will catch it on youtube and post it.
Since the whole weekend has been canceled I will spend it working on my cross stitch. Here is a sneak peek at what I am working on. It will probably take me at least a year to finish. I’m not quite 1/3 complete.
Sorry your game and weekend has been cancelled. That really does bite the big one. That project will be a beauty when it is done.

Back to work :surfweb: can't wait for 4:00.

Just saying - people need to realize the value and complexity of what admins do for departments to make all parties happy.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest