Something About Nothing............ #14

Just posted on the RPR hotel thread, they finally announced the long awaited refurb of Islands Dining Room between August and December this year.

It was supposed to happen in 2021, but of course the world went crazy, so it`s time.

I think it will be stunning when it`s done.

Today has been an interesting day. It started just before 4:00 am when Caspian woke me up. I didn’t get back to sleep until about 6:00.

For lunch I decided to go to Chick-fil-A and parked for curbside delivery. Someone brought me my drink, but forgot the food. I thought maybe it would come out later, but finally had to call the store and ask. An employee brought my food and was very apologetic. Fortunately I checked the bag before I left because they left out my sauce and a fork. The employee went back and got those for me and was even more apologetic. CFA rarely messes up my order, so I didn’t complain. It was almost comical.

This afternoon I was working on a client’s account. We have been having problems with her insurance. I sent her an email and explained what I expected her insurance to pay and how much she owed us. Then I realized that I hadn’t properly applied some credits she had with us. I quickly sent her a text and told her to disregard the email. What she owes is much lower than what I had originally told her.
I’m so ready for the weekend.

Watched another night of hockey
Good luck to your team.

I know what you mean about people labelling kids
It was worse when she was in elementary school. I am proud to say that she made it through 4 years of college without needing help from the office of disability services.

Did you get the delivery???
Yes! I am now the proud owner of stainless steel measuring cups and spoons. My old ones were plastic.

I don`t think I`ve ever watched a hockey game
I have seen 3 college games. I liked it a lot more than I expected, but it was a little hard to follow because the game moves so fast.

Waiting to hear when a package is being delivered today, almost two years ago for fun we bought a worktop mini oven, does everything and is handy for several things including cooking the best pizza`s ever!! But the enamel coating was coming off on the inside, called them up and as it was just under the two years of the guarantee we didn`t expect much. But they are sending out a brand new one and refunding £70 as it is cheaper today than when we bought it. Excellent service from them, so it`s arriving today we just don`t know when yet.
Wow. That is incredible customer service. Almost unheard of.

I have made a travel decision. B still doesn’t known if she will get time off in November. I have decided to go ahead and book our flights, but book at the rate where the flight can be changed if necessary and we can get a full credit if we need to cancel. The best news is that we don’t have to leave at 5:00 am. I was able to find a flight that leaves around 11 and gets into Orlando around 4:00.

Today has been an interesting day. It started just before 4:00 am when Caspian woke me up. I didn’t get back to sleep until about 6:00.

For lunch I decided to go to Chick-fil-A and parked for curbside delivery. Someone brought me my drink, but forgot the food. I thought maybe it would come out later, but finally had to call the store and ask. An employee brought my food and was very apologetic. Fortunately I checked the bag before I left because they left out my sauce and a fork. The employee went back and got those for me and was even more apologetic. CFA rarely messes up my order, so I didn’t complain. It was almost comical.

This afternoon I was working on a client’s account. We have been having problems with her insurance. I sent her an email and explained what I expected her insurance to pay and how much she owed us. Then I realized that I hadn’t properly applied some credits she had with us. I quickly sent her a text and told her to disregard the email. What she owes is much lower than what I had originally told her.

Good luck to your team.

It was worse when she was in elementary school. I am proud to say that she made it through 4 years of college without needing help from the office of disability services.

Yes! I am now the proud owner of stainless steel measuring cups and spoons. My old ones were plastic.

I have seen 3 college games. I liked it a lot more than I expected, but it was a little hard to follow because the game moves so fast.

Wow. That is incredible customer service. Almost unheard of.

I have made a travel decision. B still doesn’t known if she will get time off in November. I have decided to go ahead and book our flights, but book at the rate where the flight can be changed if necessary and we can get a full credit if we need to cancel. The best news is that we don’t have to leave at 5:00 am. I was able to find a flight that leaves around 11 and gets into Orlando around 4:00.

Good service eventually from CFA, we`ve never tried food from there and everyone tells us it`s really good. Hope you enjoyed it after all of that.

lol...congrats on the new new tools!!

The guarantee would have expired in September, so we weren`t sure what they would say, but the man said even after the two years they would still have exchanged it due to the enamel coming off on the inside as that shouldn`t happen, but we wouldn`t get the money refunded, never expected that. It`s a company called John Lewis, they used to have stores similar in style to Macy`s or Bloomingdales but now they are only online. They`ve always had excellent customer service though, we buy a lot from them.

Nice choice on booking the flights, win win if the worst happens, but surely giving them notice this far out she`ll get the time off.

Yep, all this fresh air is tiring us out, we`ve been huddled inside for so long, this has been so nice and it`s going to continue over the weekend and into next week too.

Steaks were nice, had no room for ice cream after it all, so had some tea and headed back inside.

Early night I think, will be glad of the blackout drapes and blinds tonight as it`s still so light outside, summer solstice celebrations ends 8am tomorrow, not that we do celebrate, but always interesting to watch those that do, particularly at Stonehenge, fascinating place.

Windows open too as it is so mild :)

Quick thirsty Thursday stop in!!!

The musical chorus that we went to last night for niece was great! She did a choral type camp the last 9 weeks and they focused on more broadway muscial songs. They all did great. It was a child and youth performance - and they rocked it.

Nice paced day. The casual is working again today - so I'm ticking off some other tasks I can't get to do on regular days. And it's nice having someone to chat with.
Got home, cut the labels off and threw them in the wash. Asked Tom to hang them out for me and when he did he asked if I knew what they were......turns out they had shorts attached and it was like a romper playsuit!!!! Er, not for me!!!

So, they`ll go to the charity store.
THAT PICTURE :rotfl: This is exactly how I feel I would look in one of those. MY question about wearing those - is how do you go to the bathroom in that!!!! I wouldn't want to undress that much just to go to the bathroom!!!!!

I hear you on that!!! Thank goodness it's Thursday - the weekend is just around the corner.

Yep, all this fresh air is tiring us out, we`ve been huddled inside for so long, this has been so nice and it`s going to continue over the weekend and into next week too.
I agree!!! I'm always opening the windows - even though it's pretty cold outside yet - and the furnace is still coming on in the early mornings. I am very ready for the heat to start.

Well, I should get going, finish up a few loose ends....then it's almost home time!

Have a great evening everyone!

Quick thirsty Thursday stop in!!!

The musical chorus that we went to last night for niece was great! She did a choral type camp the last 9 weeks and they focused on more broadway muscial songs. They all did great. It was a child and youth performance - and they rocked it.

Nice paced day. The casual is working again today - so I'm ticking off some other tasks I can't get to do on regular days. And it's nice having someone to chat with.

THAT PICTURE :rotfl: This is exactly how I feel I would look in one of those. MY question about wearing those - is how do you go to the bathroom in that!!!! I wouldn't want to undress that much just to go to the bathroom!!!!!

I hear you on that!!! Thank goodness it's Thursday - the weekend is just around the corner.

I agree!!! I'm always opening the windows - even though it's pretty cold outside yet - and the furnace is still coming on in the early mornings. I am very ready for the heat to start.

Well, I should get going, finish up a few loose ends....then it's almost home time!

Have a great evening everyone!

Glad the show went well, always nice to see shows like that especially with family in them, they are so proud when they`re done.

lol....yes, they`re not for everyone, especially my age!!!

Bodysuits as underwear usually have buttons or hooks so you can go to the loo relatively easily, still a performance though if the bathroom stall is tight:rotfl:not a vision you want to picture, but I agree, can`t imagine wanting to strip off every time you need to go!!!

I love the windows open in all weathers, most folks including Tom think when the heating is on, windows should be closed or you`re just heating "outside" lol....I don`t listen, I like fresh air too. I`m with you though, ready for that heat and I want to be complaining I`m too hot again!

Have a great day pumpkin :)

Robbie - have the best trip!

Charade - Congrats to your DD. All that much sweeter that she “showed them” and has done so well in her academic career. You should all be proud

We were biting nails to get back home Tuesday, no that’s not right. 3 am Wednesday due to mechanical delays.

1st, plane out of Newark, couldn’t get AC cold enough for equipment to work due to extreme heat. 🥵 that’s a new one on me.

2nd, something discovered after we loaded. Was down to wire before crew had mandatory release for the day.

Stressful, as had commitments to take GD to cheer camp, braces & a basketball scrimmage. Good behavior got me released early lol.

I do not cook in 90+ heat as no central AC. It’s been nearer 100 for a week. With that in mind, yesterday, worked in a stop at diner out in country where the gym was located.

With a 20% tip, bill was only $45 lol. We’re not in Orlando anymore Toto!

Look at these portions (mine the Turkey Devonshire-hands down, best sauce ever, that fed me for 2 meals with fries still leftover)
IMG_1763.jpeg
IMG_1764.jpeg
IMG_1765.jpeg

I was very happy not to be in either of the 2 cars in front of us on Tiana. Told our car was caught at the belt just slightly up the grade, had to evacuate all the other folk to get weight off it so we could get out. Not looking forward to riding it again in upcoming trip TBH

IMG_1688.jpeg

Robbie - have the best trip!

Charade - Congrats to your DD. All that much sweeter that she “showed them” and has done so well in her academic career. You should all be proud

We were biting nails to get back home Tuesday, no that’s not right. 3 am Wednesday due to mechanical delays.

1st, plane out of Newark, couldn’t get AC cold enough for equipment to work due to extreme heat. 🥵 that’s a new one on me.

2nd, something discovered after we loaded. Was down to wire before crew had mandatory release for the day.

Stressful, as had commitments to take GD to cheer camp, braces & a basketball scrimmage. Good behavior got me released early lol.

I do not cook in 90+ heat as no central AC. It’s been nearer 100 for a week. With that in mind, yesterday, worked in a stop at diner out in country where the gym was located.

With a 20% tip, bill was only $45 lol. We’re not in Orlando anymore Toto!

Look at these portions (mine the Turkey Devonshire-hands down, best sauce ever, that fed me for 2 meals with fries still leftover)
View attachment 869832
View attachment 869833
View attachment 869834

I was very happy not to be in either of the 2 cars in front of us on Tiana. Told our car was caught at the belt just slightly up the grade, had to evacuate all the other folk to get weight off it so we could get out. Not looking forward to riding it again in upcoming trip TBH

View attachment 869836

Holy huge portions Batman!!!!!

Loveaduck that has to be the biggest pancake ever!!!! I also had to Google Turkey Devonshire, I`d never heard of that, came up with Pittsburgh straight away. I`d never have thought of putting cheese sauce on turkey. Food looks fantastic!! Yes, those temps are far too hot too do anything much in, but cooking....no.

My nephew and his wife were in Orlando/NY last month and he never complains about prices, but he felt a lot of places were far more expensive than they were from even their previous trips. They said they spent less on food per day that they spent in Orlando

I think your mister has a picture in the attic! He never looks any different from when we first met all those years ago :thumbsup2

Shame about Tiana, nice picture grab though. And another few days and you`re off again....fantastic!!!

Hello stranger :)

I think we had our brighest sunrise ever this morning, no we didn`t get up, but I did open the drapes and watch that sunrise, sky was beautiful. And it`s going to be another beautiful day, low to mid 70`s for us.

Have to take this large box with mini oven we`re returning to them to the post office this morning, then drive over to a farm shop for our veg and Tom needs some honey so we`ll stop and get some of that then home, hopefully for the rest of the day in the garden.

I don`t have any sunscreen so if we can pick that up I`ll get into the sun, otherwise it`s shade time, I think Kyle took what we had as he puts it on when he runs, he`s like us and can burn easily even early morning or evening time.

Korean style pork steaks and cajun chicken skewers for dinner with the usual sides, roast beef open sandwich for lunch, got some tomatoes that smell as though they will be reminiscent of ones my dad used to grow when I was a child. Light breakfast too, some thick sliced ham, croissants and fruit, tea of course, it never matters how hot it is we always have our tea.

i-s9942H2-S.jpg

cv93-S.jpg

cv124-S.jpg

Have a lovely Friday and weekend :-)

Good morning. A typical Friday for me. i am slowly doing the household chores that need to be done.

I booked the flight to Orlando. Unfortunately my choices were a flight that has 30 minutes to get from one plane to the next, and a flight that has 2 hours. There is no way I am going to run across the airport, so we will be spending some time in the Charlotte airport.

Good service eventually from CFA
They have the best customer service for fast food restaurants.

Yep, all this fresh air is tiring us out,
I would love to trade weather with you right now. It’s supposed to get to 93 today and 97 tomorrow. No fresh air for us. I’m staying indoors with the a/c on.

Awesome. I love a good musical performance.

This is why I never wear one piece outfits especially to theme parks. It’s difficult enough trying to get shorts on and off when I am hot and sweaty.

Congrats to your DD. All that much sweeter that she “showed them” and has done so well in her academic career. You should all be proud
Thank you. I am very proud of her. Sometimes it’s hard to believe she is the same child who could barely put 2 words together when she was 3.

Look at these portions
Wow. It all looks incredible.

Time to stop procrastinating and get some work done.

Get ‘yer ducks in a row
IMG_5525.jpeg

IMG_5526.jpeg
Always struck me as one of those more thoughtful sort of actors. Was given an honorary academy award as an elder actor, his quote: “…I don’t deserve this but, I have arthritis and I don’t deserve that either…” :) RIP Donald Sutherland

Ruth - how is Mom doing?

Well, you are home now and can relax.
At least you back to everyday normal food prices in your town/area….

When is your next travel trip?
Reminds me, I need to see if one of our favored hotels near the airport has parking package still available starting Tuesday. Needed to wait, had to make sure the ‘lil not getting out of her practice that day late.
Hey there stranger
I think your mister has a picture in the attic! He never looks any different from when we first met all those years ago
Lol I’ve said that multiple times, it’s that good, clean living…or he may just have pickled himself well enough early on:rolleyes1

Reminded last trip that the sun & pale people can be an unfortunate mix. All it takes is missing just one spot
Korean style pork steaks
Now those sound great! Bought a premade Korean BBQ sauce, was ok, not great. Do you use go gochugang sauce? Haven’t tried, usually just a combo of huy fong sriracha & a chili garlic sauce.

what man thought it would be a good idea to design rompers (intended for summer/casual wear) for grown women? Who doesn’t want to have their clothes dragging on the floor in a public bathroom on vacation

Good morning. A typical Friday for me. i am slowly doing the household chores that need to be done.

I booked the flight to Orlando. Unfortunately my choices were a flight that has 30 minutes to get from one plane to the next, and a flight that has 2 hours. There is no way I am going to run across the airport, so we will be spending some time in the Charlotte airport.

They have the best customer service for fast food restaurants.

I would love to trade weather with you right now. It’s supposed to get to 93 today and 97 tomorrow. No fresh air for us. I’m staying indoors with the a/c on.

Awesome. I love a good musical performance.

This is why I never wear one piece outfits especially to theme parks. It’s difficult enough trying to get shorts on and off when I am hot and sweaty.

Thank you. I am very proud of her. Sometimes it’s hard to believe she is the same child who could barely put 2 words together when she was 3.

Wow. It all looks incredible.

Time to stop procrastinating and get some work done.

One of the ex Club Lounge staff we still keep in touch with worked for CFA in his younger days and he had nothing but praise for the way they treated staff, nice to hear in this day and age.

Oh absolutely, running across an airport is a definite no no, not something you want to be doing, glad you have them booked!

Get ‘yer ducks in a row
View attachment 869954

View attachment 869955
Always struck me as one of those more thoughtful sort of actors. Was given an honorary academy award as an elder actor, his quote: “…I don’t deserve this but, I have arthritis and I don’t deserve that either…” :) RIP Donald Sutherland

Ruth - how is Mom doing?

Reminds me, I need to see if one of our favored hotels near the airport has parking package still available starting Tuesday. Needed to wait, had to make sure the ‘lil not getting out of her practice that day late.

Hey there stranger

Lol I’ve said that multiple times, it’s that good, clean living…or he may just have pickled himself well enough early on:rolleyes1

Reminded last trip that the sun & pale people can be an unfortunate mix. All it takes is missing just one spot

Now those sound great! Bought a premade Korean BBQ sauce, was ok, not great. Do you use go gochugang sauce? Haven’t tried, usually just a combo of huy fong sriracha & a chili garlic sauce.

what man thought it would be a good idea to design rompers (intended for summer/casual wear) for grown women? Who doesn’t want to have their clothes dragging on the floor in a public bathroom on vacation

Donald Sutherland is one of those actors who I never really liked, but loved his movies, he was always someone I thought was cold, but saw him interviewed years ago and totally changed my mind about him. He was a very genuine man who seemed very humble about himself in a quiet way. Don’t look Now freaked me out as a youngster and I think that’s what scared me a little about him, weirdly not the Triffids movie lol…..that is a scary picture!!

Good clean living…..is that the answer, heck I should look about 25 then :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Ok maybe not lol, but he does look really well.

I cheated with these ones, our butcher, knowing the weather was getting warmer quickly produced a whole lot of goodies to be grilled outside, usual Chinese, BBQ and various other, but he said we’d like these ones as they are extra spicy, so we’ll find out tonight! I also bought some scotch bonnet chillies for the fruity and spicy cous cous, my sad little chillie plants aren’t well, so nothing from them this summer! I am a rubbish gardener!

I will Google that sauce, haven’t heard of it, so I’m intrigued! Yes, chilli garlic sauce added to several other ingredients can make something special in sauces.

I do like all in one underwear with the poppers, but no, I wouldn’t wear something like that for the very reason you mentioned……and I definitely wouldn’t suit them either!

Sitting baking in the garden as we hoped. Almost 80F in the garden, around 76f outside, but feels amazing, I’m going between sun and shade which is perfect. Tom is either under the gazebo or wanders to sit under the parasol to change his view!

Won’t be long till one of us will mention a cool drink……it might be me 😉

Not eating till later, so I’ve made us some snacks up for around 4pm, just cheeses and prosciutto with some fruit and spicy Doritos, that’ll keep us going till dinner.

Loving this heat!!!

Busy but nice day!!

Got a lovely walk this morning, then went shopping, Tom wanted trainers, so we went over to large shopping area and I wandered into a clothes store for a look. Saw a lovely blouse that would do with cycling shorts for Orlando, sleeveless and looked cool to wear, so I picked up three in different colours.

Got home, cut the labels off and threw them in the wash. Asked Tom to hang them out for me and when he did he asked if I knew what they were......turns out they had shorts attached and it was like a romper playsuit!!!! Er, not for me!!!

So, they`ll go to the charity store.

After that, we just spent the day in the garden, cooked on the grill for lunch and about to get some steaks out for Tom to cook, everything else is ready, spicy couscous, potato salad and a pasta salad along with regular salad of course, made some ice cream for dessert later.

I`m so glad Tom took this week off from volunteering as the weather has been gorgeous, not hot, but warm enough to be sitting out which has been lovely, very relaxing apart from him and one of my friends who popped in laughing at my romper/playsuits!!! She got a very small glass of wine for that:duck:

Hoping our keisha pops in to say hello after her trip and Robbie too, hope she`s having a lovely time :sunny:
turns out they had shorts attached and it was like a romper playsuit!!!! Er, not for me!!!
Oh, Carole, I laughed and laughed at your romper suit, LOL. You sound like me in that I just buy clothes when I see something I would like and don't try them on. Sometimes I cut off all the tags too and they end up in charity bins.
I just hate to try clothes on, so I know the score if they don't fit and I can't return them!

I'm glad your weather is getting better and you can sit outside in your garden. I am still leery of the bear so haven't spent much time outside yet. We haven't seen the bear for 5 or 6 days now so it should be okay to start feeding the birds and going outside like normal.

Starting to warm up here finally! Going up to 27c today. We’ve had a wet, cold spring then straight into the furnace. No gentle transition here!

@disneyseniors not sure where you live but we have (black) bears too! A couple of weeks ago my youngest daughter drove over, got out of the car she parked in our driveway and a bear strolled up from the yard, passed behind her and continued up the lane!

Hope everyone’s well!

Happy Friday everyone:)
I don`t think I`ve ever watched a hockey game,
Carole, that's something that no one ever says up here in the frozen North, LOL. Hockey is like a religion around here. Kids start lessons when they can stand and push a chair like thing on the ice. It's incredibly expensive for the parents to have kids in hockey.
For lunch I decided to go to Chick-fil-A
I have never been to a Chick-fil-A? There are none within a hundred miles of here.
The musical chorus that we went to last night for niece was grea
I love to go to musical chorus events. I really miss being in those and going to those when the kids were younger.
I love the windows open in all weather
Well, Carole, I hate to make you more afraid of our bears, but I keep them closed especially our bedroom one at night.
Just can't take the chance that one is wandering around at night.
Oh Keishashadow, I absolutely hate when that happens. Nothing is worse than being tired out from vacation and having airport delays....... We had a 12 hour delay on our first time to fly to Orlando. It was not fun. Now you are home and back to normal:)
There is no way I am going to run across the airport,
I'm with you on this. I had a flight planned to Columbus, Ohio and the best flight had a 45 minute layover!!!! My family all said I should do it! I don't know who they think I am, but there's no way I could walk all the way to the other end of the airport in 45 minutes (Our flights get in at the very end of the airport)

Ruth - how is Mom doing?
Thanks for asking, Keisha:) She is fine now. She has these spells and then feels completely normal the next day. I took her shopping yesterday and she did great! She is amazing at her age.
I do like all in one underwear with the poppers
Um.............I don't know what poppers are, but my imagination is running wild, LOL.

I have finally finished Spring cleaning, haha! Roger and I did all the ceiling fans and glass lighting fixtures yesterday. That really wore me out, but not him...... I have finally Finished! Everyone is welcome to come and see the clean house before it gets dirty again, LOL.

Bear update:: We haven't seen it in 5 or 6 days and should now be bear free:) It's finally getting beautiful and summerlike so it's time to enjoy some of that before winter rears it's cold again.

Hi to Robo and Mac:)

Also welcome SueM.

have a wonderful weekend, everyone,

ruth

Hockey is like a religion around here
Indeed!

We sometimes jump in on cruise ship trivial pursuit contests. once with sports as a category I won by knowing the national sport of Canada is not 🏒

Only reason I did know that bit of a trick question was due to my youngest who is an avid fan lol. We got 2 free drinks as a prize btw

For the non Canadians among us, it’s 🥍 in the summer, a dual designation with hockey in the winter

TGIF :cheer2: It has felt like Monday allllllllllll week :surfweb: I feel like it has been a Monday everyday and dragging my b#tt all week.

I went to a union town hall meeting last night - just to see what it was all about. I'm undecided about how to feel about then and the whole " union" thing. Right now of course they are in bargaining mode - and of course talks are at in " impass" :sad2: so now we wait and see. OH well....it is work as usual anyways.

I had a little work to do with my garden pots last night as well. I had to cover my potato plants that I have planted. It worked so great last year, I planted even more pots/bags than last year. I got them all covered with more dirt and did a good hearty watering of everything.

Tonight - we are headed out to a local bar to have some beverages and appetizers and watch game 6 - 2 more games to bring the cup home!!!!!!

Wow....that is a huge portion! I love going to those small town dinners - especially when you get the pop in a can with a cup on the side to pour your pop into.
Have to take this large box with mini oven we`re returning to them to the post office this morning, then drive over to a farm shop for our veg and Tom needs some honey so we`ll stop and get some of that then home, hopefully for the rest of the day in the garden.
I love days with to-do lists like that! Your dinner (of course) sounds delicious.
I don't mind waiting in airports! I enjoy people watching and will find a cozy corner somewhere and sit with a book or find a spot and enjoy a beverage and maybe some food. I would rather that - then try to run to the next gate. We try to avoid landing in Toronto for connecting flights - as we will have to run through half the airport :sad2:
Starting to warm up here finally! Going up to 27c today. We’ve had a wet, cold spring then straight into the furnace. No gentle transition here!
Welcome back :hug: You have been missed. That is the same here. We have NOT had many warm days. Our furnace has been kicking in yet in the early mornings. I am ready for some warm weather again!

Well, I should probably get a few things done around here.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter