Something About Nothing............ #14

Capturing the rainbow by accident......

Caught this earlier today in the park next to the farm place we went to, beautiful little place and never too many folks around.

i-zjs7RZW-XL.jpg

Who doesn`t love a little fountain.....

Quick post before bedtime. Nothing interesting going on here.
Oh I did get part of B’s birthday present in the mail today. Her birthday isn’t until November though. I ordered tickets for the Celtic Thunder concert. (She has an unusual taste in music.) The concert is a week before her birthday. I also purchased a Celtic Thunder T-shirt for her. That’s what came in the mail today.
Today has started our heat wave again. High today 95 and if the weather stays on the predicted trajectory we will hit over 100 on Thursday.
Ugh. That’s crazy. I think we are supposed to hit 97 later this week. I can’t wait for the temps to cool down a bit.

It has been a lazy day today. Made a nice brunch then later I took a nap. Now trying to get caught up on a few little house things before the start of the week.
Sounds like a great day.

Heard from Nephew in Georgia today. He had Covid last week and was pretty sick, but is doing better. I had heard of the new version of Covid making its rounds.
That’s all we need now. Hopefully we won’t have a terrible cold/flu/covid season.

Do you know Queen are deleting their 1970`s song Fat Bottomed Girls from future purchases due to it being offensive to some..
I am aware of the song but have never really paid attention to the lyrics. There are a lot worse songs out there.

Ah that Monday ugh feeling.
Agreed. Today has been such a Monday. I can’t wait to get away for a week.

Have to get that free drink that you can only get on your actual birthday.
I never remember to go there on my birthday. I should also remind B. She loves that place.

there`s even a trigger warning on Murder she Wrote before it starts now!! Crazy.
Seriously? What is offensive about that show?

Caught this earlier today in the park next to the farm place we went to, beautiful little place and never too many folks around.
Awesome picture.

It’s not midnight yet, so I can sneak this in almost belatedly.

IMG_9573.gif

that’s a fantastic pic!
Glad you shared it!

Thanks mac.....I only ever managed to capture a rainbow in water once before and that was at the water show over the lagoon in the Studios where they were rehearsing one morning.

It’s downright magical

I like that description!

Quick post before bedtime. Nothing interesting going on here.
Oh I did get part of B’s birthday present in the mail today. Her birthday isn’t until November though. I ordered tickets for the Celtic Thunder concert. (She has an unusual taste in music.) The concert is a week before her birthday. I also purchased a Celtic Thunder T-shirt for her. That’s what came in the mail today.

Ugh. That’s crazy. I think we are supposed to hit 97 later this week. I can’t wait for the temps to cool down a bit.

Sounds like a great day.

That’s all we need now. Hopefully we won’t have a terrible cold/flu/covid season.

I am aware of the song but have never really paid attention to the lyrics. There are a lot worse songs out there.

Agreed. Today has been such a Monday. I can’t wait to get away for a week.

Seriously? What is offensive about that show?

Awesome picture.

Thanks I was happy to capture it.

Never too early to order birthday or Christmas items, and it`s nice to be organised sometimes.

I agree, there are far worse songs out there, not sure how the US is right now but seems the pc brigade who seem to be offended on everyone`s behalf are going crazy and calling everything offensive. As for Murder she wrote, yep before every episode there is a warning there may be some scenes that could upset or not suitable for children!!! Crazy.

We were supposed to be in a howling gale this morning, but as usual they got it wrong....who listens to weather forecasts today! And they try and tell us what it`s going to be like in 5000 years! But, it is getting breezier since I got up, so I doubt we`ll walk this morning, it`s so open along the shore front, so not sure of any plans for this morning now.

I`m curious to see what Tom is cooking us for dinner tonight, I get to sit and watch whatever it is, he`ll even set the table, I do nothing tonight. Ok by me now and again, but I do enjoy cooking so I usually want to jump in and do something, not tonight. No special occasion, he just wants to cook us a meal.

BLTA for lunch on and open sandwich and toast with preserves and fruit plate for breakfast.

We have our hotel booked for Christmas and have done for a month or so, but got a call last night from the hotel asking if we would be dining with them over our stay as they are already taking bookings so we booked Boxing night as Christmas Day we`ll be at my sister`s home and Christmas Eve we go to one of our favourite places up there with mum and whoever else wants to come. Then thought we should call them to book wondering if it was too early....but seems they have been taking bookings for a while now.....crikey that`s organised. But, we`re booked now.

We have a wine case being delivered today, hoping for a txt to give us a 2 hour window for the delivery, been waiting for this case for a while now as they were waiting for some of the wines to come in stock too, so we said just wait and deliver them all when they have 6 we`ve been waiting for. Might have to try one tonight!

So, sunshine and breezy for us today......

cv14-S.jpg

cv5-S.jpg

cv93-S.jpg

Have a splendid Tuesday ☺️

Ah that ever early arrival.
IMG_1721.jpeg
Decided to get up and look out the window, and get more water for me tea. That’s city view.

Had the ac on in the car. Even though 70 out now, felt a bit muggy, so ac in car it was. And oh so dark. The clouds have covered the sky. And ooh, wind gusts to 20 mph. Nice. May be a bad hair day alert when I go out for my lunchtime walk.

And marching along with this week. And to be full enough to get ready for that mid week cancel arrival, eat a taco or two today. That’s right, the day Taco Bell and other taco places say hey, Mac and all the homies, it’s a good day for a visit to have a taco. Taco Tuesday is here. Yay!

Yep, never too early to make holiday reservations, or order gifts for the holidays and the birthdays near and around them.

Yep, bought tickets for older one’s birthday in early November. Show is not until April next year, but got a code, and scored the two day tickets he wanted. Was more than I thought they should be, but decided that’s what he really wanted. And so, tickets bought and know he will be happy. Thankfully, little one will go with him. I have no desire to watch.

And that’s all in my neck of the woods. Cooler, windy and seeing 80 degrees late afternoon as the high today. Not too bad for sn overall cooler August. I think oddly, July was hotter.

Ack to that hurricane hitting southern CA. Saw lots of flooding on the news last night.

Thus, newly refreshed tea, commuting homie today. Hope all have an enjoyable day, and hope my commute home is not that busy. Last night we went out to get some errands run. The amount of cars out around 4 pm last night was crazy. On a Monday no less. Just why? Guess way too many like us thought to be out at that time.

And now. Wishing all to have that most terrific Taco Tuesday.

I’m in recovery mode, over an hour stalking the RunDisney site this am. Had 5 different browser windows humming along. confirmed a whopping 17 minutes before it sold out.:stitch:

Did share my “extra” que link ids here. Gotta love the sense of community on many boards here. Something decidedly missing on most message boards

the mr gamely joined in watching the various countdown, rather bemused by the whole idea. When it was all done & over (little does he know, they sell commemorative swag lol)…

he turned, looked and me and said: “…so you just paid a couple of hundred $ to run the same one I (we) do for free…”. :p

As for Murder she wrote, yep before every episode there is a warning there may be some scenes that could upset or not suitable for children!!! Crazy.
Admit to never sitting thru one, believe when in first viewings was up against something on another channel the ex favored. Need to put it on my viewing bucket list. Will say tho, even tho Angela L was terrifying to me in the Manchurian candidate; would imagine the general tone (as to violence etc.) of the program is rather genteel:confused3

that whole everything has to be sanitized for the kids school of thought, one that is currently rearing it’s head again :bitelip: , I suppose
We have a wine case being delivered today,
i’m thinking you must have a lovely storage set up/wine cellar? Friends have those beverage refrigerators.

I got a whiff of my DS cigar humidor yesterday, he was doing the ‘freshening up‘ process. Not sure of the wood, maybe cherry? OMG that smell was divine. This, coming from a person who detests lit cigar smoke
Yep, bought tickets for older one’s birthday in early November. Show is not until April next year,
Nice, what show?

Good Tuesday morning everyone everyone :wave:
IMG_1540.gif

IMG_1790.gif

IMG_1791.gif

I always recommended home buyers check the maps and pick up the mine subsidence ins. Same as with the flood ins. Both are relatively cheap considering regular home owner’s won‘t cover that sort of issue. Supposedly, my current house wasn’t eligible for either. I have some random cracks that formed that tell me otherwise. Again, the mr fixed with a new mini header in one of the basements under said porch I referenced earlier. So glad he works for food. :)
We Have mines around here too. Not sure how extensive they are. Our area was pretty rich in coal, lumbar etc. Was a transportation hub as it was so close to the Ohio River. We did our research before we bought this home. Our neighborhood here on the hill was cattle land many moons ago, but there are underground mines nearby.

Our house has settled since we bought it. Nothing devastating, but repairs were needed. There are a few other things that need to be done.

Those who had you for a realtor were lucky to have you. Your honesty I’am sure saved a lot of people from costly heartache years later.

Sounds like a lovely summer day, except for the nephew.
Yes, Covid it is amping up here and it sounds like everywhere else too. Hopefully it won‘t be terrible.

I have an doc appt tomorrow and they called and told me to make sure I have a mask on.

Do you know Queen are deleting their 1970`s song Fat Bottomed Girls from future purchases due to it being offensive to some....utter balderdash...I could use worse language but I won`t as I`m a lady 🥰 but it`s getting completely ridiculous!! It`s a fun song that acknowledges some of us are not slim!!! grrrr.....
It is ridiculous about going back and trying to alter music history to appease everyone. Sad.

I saw that the contents of Freddy’s home were being auctioned off recently.

Thanks Robbie, we`re following Janet`s family in extending celebrations.....we had friends over yesterday too that we won`t see this weekend, so he got some early cards and gifts which was nice. Nothing wrong with celebrating early/late.
Extending birthday celebrations is awesome. Always nice to keep the party going as long as possible.

Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday with family, it`s always lovely to get together like that, and hope your nephew continues to improve, always a worry hearing the C word now.
It was nice time with family. It is always good to get together and celebrate family time.

Nephew is doing a lot better. He said it was very flu like symptoms that lasted a week.

Have a great time with J, Robo. You are having that hot weather. Oddly, we have not had a heat wave this month.
We had a wonderful time yesterday at the Mall. He played and enjoyed himself. We rode the Carosel and he loved it.

Have to get that free drink that you can only get on your actual birthday
I hope you enjoyed your birthday drink. Happy belated Birthday.
IMG_1792.gif

IMG_1793.gif

Nice picture of the fountain rainbow. Photo opportunities like those are rare, but so nice when they happen.

We got up to 95 yesterday and the feels like temp was 104 and it felt like it. We have another 5 days of severe heat then we have a cool off predicted by Sunday if the weather predictions are correct.

Fingers and toes crossed that things will not be terrible.

I agree, there are far worse songs out there, not sure how the US is right now but seems the pc brigade who seem to be offended on everyone`s behalf are going crazy and calling everything offensive.

The lose of individual freedoms is a creeping thing that occurs over time. There is a loss of Artistic expression. That would be along the lines of “The tangled webs we weave indeed”.

A quiet hot day here already. The windows were steamed up this morning. The humidity was 91% this morning.

I look at this as training for HHN. I know it will be hot in Orlando in September as usual so I will be prepared so to speak.

Went to Lowes yesterday and they had a lot of Haunted Mansion Halloween things.
IMG_6213.jpeg

IMG_6212.jpeg

IMG_6211.jpeg
IMG_6210.jpeg

I‘am going to start decorating for Halloween today. I found a flame pumpkin I had been looking for at Lowes.

IMG_1799.jpeg

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone.

Last edited:
I’m in recovery mode, over an hour stalking the RunDisney site this am. Had 5 different browser windows humming along. confirmed a whopping 17 minutes before it sold out.:stitch:

Did share my “extra” que link ids here. Gotta love the sense of community on many boards here. Something decidedly missing on most message boards

the mr gamely joined in watching the various countdown, rather bemused by the whole idea. When it was all done & over (little does he know, they sell commemorative swag lol)…

he turned, looked and me and said: “…so you just paid a couple of hundred $ to run the same one I (we) do for free…”. :p

Admit to never sitting thru one, believe when in first viewings was up against something on another channel the ex favored. Need to put it on my viewing bucket list. Will say tho, even tho Angela L was terrifying to me in the Manchurian candidate; would imagine the general tone (as to violence etc.) of the program is rather genteel:confused3

that whole everything has to be sanitized for the kids school of thought, one that is currently rearing it’s head again :bitelip: , I suppose

i’m thinking you must have a lovely storage set up/wine cellar? Friends have those beverage refrigerators.

I got a whiff of my DS cigar humidor yesterday, he was doing the ‘freshening up‘ process. Not sure of the wood, maybe cherry? OMG that smell was divine. This, coming from a person who detests lit cigar smoke

Nice, what show?

Congratulations on your patience!!!!!

Sadly there are still folks that when they know a good deal they do keep it to themselves instead of sharing, but yes, most folks will share that info.

She is an amazing actress and yes she was terrifying in that movie. I love MSW.....introduced my lovely niece Joanne into that and Madonna.....lol.....yes, it`s very gentle and nothing offensive at all in it, but it`s creeping into most shows now. If a show has anything even a tiny bit upsetting, they make an announcement at the end that if you have been affected by anything shown in tonights show.....contact bla bla bla......but for MSW absolutely no need.

lol....there is a long running joke among our friends that we have a wine cellar....we really don`t....not even close (I wish) We did have a smallish walk in pantry that we didn`t use, so we painted it, put some wine shelves in and voila......it became known as the wine cellar!! It`s cool so suits all varieties of wine, we do have a glass fronted white wine chiller in the kitchen that I love. But I tell Tom our next home should have a wine cellar.....I won`t tell you his response to that......but I think it`s a no :rotfl:

I love cherry wood, but like you, not cigars!!!

Good Tuesday morning everyone everyone :wave:
View attachment 787207

View attachment 787203

View attachment 787204

We Have mines around here too. Not sure how extensive they are. Our area was pretty rich in coal, lumbar etc. Was a transportation hub as it was so close to the Ohio River. We did our research before we bought this home. Our neighborhood here on the hill was cattle land many moons ago, but there are underground mines nearby.

Our house has settled since we bought it. Nothing devastating, but repairs were needed. There are a few other things that need to be done.

Those who had you for a realtor were lucky to have you. Your honesty I’am sure saved a lot of people from costly heartache years later.

Yes, Covid it is amping up here and it sounds like everywhere else too. Hopefully it won‘t be terrible.

I have an doc appt tomorrow and they called and told me to make sure I have a mask on.

It is ridiculous about going back and trying to alter music history to appease everyone. Sad.

I saw that the contents of Freddy’s home were being auctioned off recently.

Extending birthday celebrations is awesome. Always nice to keep the party going as long as possible.

It was nice time with family. It is always good to get together and celebrate family time.

Nephew is doing a lot better. He said it was very flu like symptoms that lasted a week.

We had a wonderful time yesterday at the Mall. He played and enjoyed himself. We rode the Carosel and he loved it.

I hope you enjoyed your birthday drink. Happy belated Birthday.
View attachment 787205

View attachment 787206

Nice picture of the fountain rainbow. Photo opportunities like those are rare, but so nice when they happen.

We got up to 95 yesterday and the feels like temp was 104 and it felt like it. We have another 5 days of severe heat then we have a cool off predicted by Sunday if the weather predictions are correct.

Fingers and toes crossed that things will not be terrible.

The lose of individual freedoms is a creeping thing that occurs over time. There is a loss of Artistic expression. That would be along the lines of “The tangled webs we weave indeed”.

A quiet hot day here already. The windows were steamed up this morning. The humidity was 91% this morning.

I look at this as training for HHN. I know it will be hot in Orlando in September as usual so I will be prepared so to speak.

View attachment 787229

View attachment 787230

View attachment 787231
View attachment 787232

I‘am going to start decorating for Halloween today. I found a flame pumpkin I had been looking for at Lowes.

View attachment 787245

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone.

Yes, if they go back and delete or cancel everything offensive to someone, there`ll be nothing left to watch or listen to!!!! Folks will always look for something to offend it seems.

I think with cancelling, it`s a case of be careful what you wish for .......

Yes, the things up for auction were good to see, can`t say I blame her after all these years.

Amazing man who had an incredible talent!

That is warm and high humidity!!! Yes, get your practice in for HHN! It`s going to be a busy one for sure.

Another lovely day here but so breezy! 25mph so no sitting out sunbathing for us.....

I did get a call from my sister who asked me if I knew someone, I said yes he was in my class at senior school. Turns out he passed away last week. Sad to hear, I hadn`t seen him for many years, my oldest friend up there was very close to him though, they stayed good friends over the years, haven`t spoken to her for a month or so. It did make me think though, that`s the first school person I`ve heard of to pass away. 55 is far too young.

But, spent the afternoon finishing the Trip Report.....finally, it`s taken far too long......but it`s done and yes as Janet reminded me, I can start the new one soon.....lol........

Tom however was busy preparing dinner......he even made an appetiser of a shrimp cocktail which yes, it may be simple, but it was lovely. He cooked us a pork fillet which he had read one of my notes for recipes and marinaded it in soy sauce, mustard, honey, spices and some seasonings....it was lovely!!! He also made up some stir fry lo mein noodles with some shredded veg...I was super impressed with him!!! He definitely earned some bonus points tonight! Opened a lovely bottle of wine that was one of the ones that was delivered today, so all in all a lovely meal.

Lazy night ahead for us I think and enjoy the rest of the wine.

I’m doing continuing Ed, mandatory child clearances jik I do volunteer again this year. I’m literally into the 3rd hour of it. Far longer process than in the past, surely can’t argue they didn’t address everything, twice

have an doc appt tomorrow and they called and told me to make sure I have a mask on.

Saw Sunday when we pick up the Mr’s newest toy. A dumping yard cart/large wagon. Of course, first thing I thot of when noticing the large tires was it might work on the beach to haul gear

Oh my, no in house masks at hospital yesterday. That’s scary. Stay safe
Tom however was busy preparing dinner......he even made an appetiser of a shrimp cocktail which yes, it may be simple, but it was lovely. He cooked us a pork fillet which he had read one of my notes for recipes and marinaded it in soy sauce, mustard, honey, spices and some seasonings....it was lovely!!! He also made up some stir fry lo mein noodles with some shredded veg..

Oh,that’s a real feast. It goiNg to be some sort of takeout meal here as I’ve still a soccer practice run & Ross for sr day (hehe) I’m of the mind this is the time to start digging for random Xmas present fillers

Last edited:
Ugh, but class work ya gotta do, Keisha. I get the joy of my 420 minute class this Friday. Gotta get my class credits in by end of August.

Ah that beautiful night with a clear sky. And with a clear sky, 58 degrees saying will be when I wake up. Natural AC to sleep in tonight. Oooh the moon.

Thanks for the birthday wish, Robo. Looks like lots of Halloween stuff to look at. Went to Costco, whole front of store was Christmas stuff. Barely any Halloween stuff seen. Nice to have had mall fun with J.

Older one should be home soon, I think. I’m almost ready for bed.

Hope all have a most peaceful night.

Finally getting to stop in again!!! Busy few days here!

Bil and future sil were evacuated again from their town. This time - evacuation was to our city. Very scary there. The road is now closed unless you are leaving - and even then - the ONE main road going in and out of the province is periodically closed as the fires are soooooooo unpredictable right now - it is mainly closed. The town they evacuated from - they flew in military planes to evacuate anyone who didn't listen to the evacuation orders. Fire crews have pulled out as its too hazardous at this point - to save human lives. The fires are moving 50+ kms in less than 24 hrs. Crazy times right now.

Weather is holding out. Nights are still cool - but decent temps during the day. Leaves are starting to turn already :sad: It makes me sad! I was hoping that we would have a fall like last year. No such luck this year. And like @schumigirl I have noticed our evenings are starting to shorten faster now. :sad2:

Cancelling our Nashville trip. Numerous reasons. Dh's work is actually NOT one of them. The group has gotten too large and is now a heavier drinking group. Since dh is sober - he doesn't mind being around with people who are drinking - but when your immediate people you would be around would be heavily drinking all the time - and in all honesty when one BIL is around those who are bigger drinkers - he is not a great guy to be around. So we are backing out. :rolleyes2 We are back to the drawing board. We have a few ideas - and we are both needing some get away time. So hopefully we will plan for something soon.

I LOVED and giggled at this post!!!! That is me - with the " I told you so " dance!!!!!! :mic:

It's great you have a travelling partner in crime!

That's EXACTLY why I don't eat it. Reminds me of kids in school eating it and saying that! It creeps me out!!!!! I just can't do it lol

YAY!!!!! Have fun!!!!!!! Have a beverage for me please!.

:headache: That word.....I HATE that word. It's a swear word here lol

Those are amazing!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your last at home working day for the week!

Stunning picture! I hope you got a walk in today to enjoy your beautiful scenery.

Well, I should shuffle more papers

Have a great day everyone!
BC is a mess. The entire province has been declared a disaster zone. Worst year ever for fires. Terrible.

Day 6 of vacation! A friend from Tampa came for the weekend we arrived. Had a great visit. Discovered a New Mexican restaurant, Chuy’s. If you like Mexican you’ll love it.

Today was moving day from Aventura to Royal Pacific. We loved our room at Aventura, it was a deluxe room with curved wall, all floor to ceiling windows. And the food we had at the food court was surprisingly good. Didn’t care for the pool.
We’re all settled in our RP room ready for bed! Have a great water view of pool and parks. Too bad the castle light show isn’t happening.

Another late check in. I’ve been playing with Caspian trying to get him worn out before bedtime. I got him a new toy he seems to like.

We had a funny moment yesterday. The boy from my neighborhood came over to mow the lawn. I guess he was in a hurry to get out of the heat and go home because when he finished mowing he left without getting his money. Dh texted his mom and let her know. I don’t think he has a phone yet.

We have our hotel booked for Christmas and have done for a month or so, but got a call last night from the hotel asking if we would be dining with them over our stay as they are already taking bookings so we booked Boxing night as Christmas Day we`ll be at my sister`s home and Christmas Eve we go to one of our favourite places up there with mum and whoever else wants to come. Then thought we should call them to book wondering if it was too early....but seems they have been taking bookings for a while now.....crikey that`s organised. But, we`re booked now.
I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that restaurants are already getting booked up. I don’t even know what we are doing for Christmas this year. I should ask dh what he wants to do for his birthday. There aren’t many restaurants around here that are open then. (The 24th)

Yep, bought tickets for older one’s birthday in early November. Show is not until April next year, but got a code, and scored the two day tickets he wanted. Was more than I thought they should be, but decided that’s what he really wanted. And so, tickets bought and know he will be happy. Thankfully, little one will go with him. I have no desire to watch.
And I thought I was planning early. I felt the same about the price of the Celtic Thunder tickets, but dh said go ahead and get the best seats you can.

Admit to never sitting thru one, believe when in first viewings was up against something on another channel the ex favored. Need to put it on my viewing bucket list. Will say tho, even tho Angela L was terrifying to me in the Manchurian candidate;
It’s a good show. I only just started watching it a few years ago. I’ve never seen the Manchurian Candidate. I’ve only seen her in pleasant roles though her character in Gaslight was rather snarky.

So not looking forward to the heat. I’m thinking of doing park mornings and maybe evenings, but spending the hotter times of the day in my room.

BC is a mess. The entire province has been declared a disaster zone. Worst year ever for fires. Terrible.
That is so sad to hear.

We loved our room at Aventura, it was a deluxe room with curved wall, all floor to ceiling windows. And the food we had at the food court was surprisingly good.
This is good to hear. I just got a standard room though.

Time for sleep.

Hope your cat was quiet throughout the night for ya, Charade. We have a standard room this time, and oddly, I booked September so long ago, looked at it the other day, and it’s a water view. I’m sure I just saw the price and booked. We tend to stick to standard rooms, as we don’t spend much time in it. I just like a quiet one.

Yay, live report from Sue. Maybe will see ya when we check in on Saturday. I think if room not ready when we get there in the morning, little one finds a shady pool area to sleep in. Last year, she got some sunburn. We don’t mind very early flights coming. We are going to stop first at SOG to buy our Mickey party tickets, as the ticket office opens at 8 am, and maybe the TL ones if we decide to do it that night. And then get breakfast there or at the Poly. Then will hit Target on the way to RPR. We tend to snack in our room. So guessing mid morning arrival.

Ah yes, who do I see?
IMG_1722.jpeg
Ah camel enjoying the water. Good thing to be in water when it’s that oh so hot.

And he’s here today to wish all a very happy hump day. You know, that mid week point where it does feel like getting over the hump feeling day and most fabulous feeling Friday then a day away. Woot!

And so, with lunchtime meeting cancelled, should be mostly quiet in my week day routine time. Then will be out the door fast. Yep, will have that pampered blonde hair, with hair salon visit late afternoon.

Tomorrow is time to do laundry and errands, as I usually would have taken Friday off. But nope, sigh, so tomorrow I made it lazy, as with that ack early leaving on Saturday morning, we will be mostly packed by Friday night. Sweet. Countdown number can be counted on one hand now.

So a most perfect and wonderful Wednesday to all. And a hearty good morning too.

IMG_3788.jpeg I’m sure quite un PC these days, however, I’m feeling Igor today. Heavy Rainstorms forecast late afternoon thru morning and everything is aching…enough, my early warning system, I hear you already.

never did cross off the to - do list yesterday. life has a way of lobbing you softballs, beats a hard line drive :)

Ugh, but class work ya gotta do, Keisha. I get the joy of my 420 minute class this Friday. Gotta get my class credits in by end of August.
I procrastinated doing it, then didn’t save/bookmark my work on Monday. The old provider saved it automatically. That was a real surprise yesterday
And the food we had at the food court was surprisingly good. Didn’t care for the pool
food was better than expected, short staffed, took forever off hours in February. I did think a bit skimpy and they were consistently out of different things. the bones are there for the food court, all they need is a better management team to iron out the issues

oh, that ‘fish bowl’ pool don’t get me started on it. It’s the main reason we are paying more in two weeks to stay at CB vs A for first part of our trip. third time’s a charm that CB will win me over.

enjoy!
So not looking forward to the heat. I’m thinking of doing park mornings and maybe evenings, but spending the hotter times of the day in my room.
that’s prime time, pool time :). Which resort did you settle upon this year? Not much left anywhere last I checked
We are going to stop first at SOG to buy our Mickey party tickets, as the ticket office opens at 8 am, and maybe the TL ones if we decide to do it that night.
we are only eligible to stay there in Sept & January. Every single year I forget to check Did you ever stay there? Looks nice to me, large rooms, appears not much in theming tho. Not a deal breaker for me

Keisha, yes we have stayed there. I like places like that. Everyone is quiet and polite. Rooms are large, and many look over the golf course. They do have a shuttle that stops when it usually says it does to all the parks. We never took it to Disney Springs or the water parks. Big parking garage if have a car. Been awhile. The food was cheap, but much better places to eat but not there. Pool is not that big, but in a Mickey ear shape. Hehe. Was the Disney Inn before Disney leased it to DOD for a long time now. I presume like 100 years lease or more time. And ack, yeah the body feels that dip in the barometer reading. Hope storm is quick and no issues with it. Think saying storm chances Friday and Saturday. Has to get over the mountain chain before it gets to me.

I’m so ready for lunch.

Yup...it's devastating and horrible to watch any news coverage of it.

Sadly, forests need to regenerate every 25- 30 yrs - and that hasn't happened for MUCH longer than that.

I hope the fires are not in your neck of the woods.

I/We had planned to be in Kelowna this past weekend to celebrate our 30 wedding anniversary but as soon as there was news coverage - I cancelled our reservations. Guess we will visit again a different time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter