Something About Nothing............ #14

Just the opposite
Cats stay hidden and only come out of their hiding place when the kids are asleep

They want their house back
Hahaha

Are they staying up till midnight tonight or are they early bed kids?

I`m starting to waken up a little now...........think I will see midnight after all.....

Afternoon all! Strange thing happened today. My neighbor had a new yard guy come over this morning and cut her yard...then she went to work. I took a nap and when I got up he had cut my yard too. Don't get me wrong...the yard needed it but I had no idea who told him to cut my yard. I thought maybe my neighbor was doing it for Christmas or something. Anyway...while he was outside trimming a bush he accidentally cut my cable to the TV. Luckily the internet and WIFI weren't affected. So...then I spent the next 45 minutes trying to get an appointment to have a technician come over and repair the cable...Xfinity/Comcast won't let you speak to anyone live until you follow their diagnosis protocol. I had lost my patience with the this stupid company but they booked an appointment for the middle of the day on Tuesday! Now I have to take off work to be here to meet the technician and I know it's will not be an easy fix...which it should be.

So...I can get online and play my games as well as watch DVDs but no television for the whole weekend because of this yard guy. He apologized many times but this still caused me some problems.

Oh well...what a better way to bring in the new year. :sad2:

On a sad note...Betty White passed today at the age of 99...one of the true actors and treasures of the entertainment world. :sad1:

Afternoon all! Strange thing happened today. My neighbor had a new yard guy come over this morning and cut her yard...then she went to work. I took a nap and when I got up he had cut my yard too. Don't get me wrong...the yard needed it but I had no idea who told him to cut my yard. I thought maybe my neighbor was doing it for Christmas or something. Anyway...while he was outside trimming a bush he accidentally cut my cable to the TV. Luckily the internet and WIFI weren't affected. So...then I spent the next 45 minutes trying to get an appointment to have a technician come over and repair the cable...Xfinity/Comcast won't let you speak to anyone live until you follow their diagnosis protocol. I had lost my patience with the this stupid company but they booked an appointment for the middle of the day on Tuesday! Now I have to take off work to be here to meet the technician and I know it's will not be an easy fix...which it should be.

So...I can get online and play my games as well as watch DVDs but no television for the whole weekend because of this yard guy. He apologized many times but this still caused me some problems.

On a sad note...Betty White passed today at the age of 99...one of the true actors and treasures of the entertainment world. :sad1:

Yes, so very sad about Betty White....she was a true star and what a lady she was!! Quite a life she had too. I loved this answer she gave when a presenter was asking her about her life......

[Q. ‘What haven’t you done in the business that you’ve always wanted to do?’

A. ‘Robert Redford.’ ]

lol.....what an incorrigible woman with a wicked sense of humour......

That sucks with your cable! I know dealing with cable companies, any company really now is a nightmare.....takes forever to actually speak to a real person!

Least you have internet, always feel lost without that!!! But, shame you have to take some time off so soon into the year.

Todd, I would not be pleased either

What made the dude decide to go on your property?

All the best from the UK.....it`s now 2022 🥂 🎊🎉

cv90-S.gif

cv91-S.gif

cv92-S.gif

Hope 2022 is an amazing year for everyone 🥂

Yay! Already past midnight for Schumi. Happy New Year!!!

And as if my neighbors need practice, fireworks already being set off since about an hour ago. M80’s started it, now hearing honks and fireworks every so often. Not even close to midnight here, yet.

That’s no good dead goes unpunished, Metro. Stinks you have no cable, and lawn guy should have seen it, before cutting it, leaving you with no TV. At least still have internet capability. Our cable wire is up high, so my DH never has to worry about cutting our cable line.

Kids are both online playing with their friends. I may try to watch a movie, or just whatever interests me on the tube. I may or may not last until midnight, but know kids will. Older one woke up sounding like Darth Vader. I told him to take his allergy medicine pronto. That and soup I made from cooking some chicken, had carrots in there too, and not noodles, but I did put in penne pasta, He felt much better after medicine started working and some food. I told him he’d better take more of that medicine again, before going to bed, He works tomorrow, so I told him to take some pills with him, to take at lunchtime. I think him working late last night, and with him having to hauling the unsold Christmas trees onto a truck to I guess, to either the goat farm or recycle. I assume pollen got into his sinuses, even with a mask on, and caused that asthmatic reaction this morning. I hope he wakes up clear tomorrow morning. Good thing I was off for the holiday, and was there for him. Also had to run out and get tissues for him, as seems none could be found in our closet, so stopped at a way too crowded Target after waiting in a three car ahead of me line for gas. But gassed up the car, grabbed the tissues, and home I came. Kids wanted Chinese for dinner. And it was. Hit the spot, and now just relaxing with some tea. DH asked our plans tomorrow. Lazy Saturday? Yep, that was my response. I am hoping so, given the bands of rain to fall tomorrow. But yay, still predicting a 63 degree Saturday.

Happy NYE to the rest of us not even quite close to midnight.

Happy New Year all!!
Alysa is in Germany and facetimed us as the year turned there-she is supposed to be home (here home not Seattle home) tomorrow-weather/cancellations pending! Paige got in from Florida today, Kaitlyn and family here sunday so it will be first time in over 3 years will have ALL the "kids" together-must remember to take a picture lol!
Hope all are doing well!!

Oh and after much contemplation pushed the cruise we were scheduled to board in 2 weeks off for 2 more months.

Happy New Year!

now you can go to bed ……you made it to 2022 now😃

Bottle of champagne opened as the "Bells" went......have to drink that before we head off.

Hope you got the email, our email went offline just as I sent it, so not sure if you got it or not.......

London Fireworks show was rubbish......awful!!! First time ever it was dreadful......usually they are fabulous, but they changed the format and started with a poem???? Leave things alone.

Almost bedtime now.......

Happy New Year all!!
Alysa is in Germany and facetimed us as the year turned there-she is supposed to be home (here home not Seattle home) tomorrow-weather/cancellations pending! Paige got in from Florida today, Kaitlyn and family here sunday so it will be first time in over 3 years will have ALL the "kids" together-must remember to take a picture lol!
Hope all are doing well!!

Oh and after much contemplation pushed the cruise we were scheduled to board in 2 weeks off for 2 more months.
That’s so nice to have everyone home. Postponing the cruise is probably for the best. Even if you don’t get sick, if you test positive or are a close contact to someone who tested positive, they may have you quarantine🙁 We aren’t scheduled to cruise until July. Fingers crossed it’s better by then.

A very happy new year to you,MonyK. Yay, for whole family to be together. Yeah, with recommending not cruising, pushing it back a few months was the right thing to do. My brother went on a 9 night cruise right before Thanksgiving, and on day 3, virus positives of some crew, so he and wife were mostly confined to cabin, and not much else to do. They came back testing negative, but with the lesser amount of fun and always worried about testing positive, we have decided not to cruise any time soon. So Son, I hope better virus numbers when you are scheduled to sail. So far, CDC says 88 cruises have had positive virus numbers during their sailing.

Still watching not much interesting to watch, and already I’m fading fast. Little one went to bed around 4 am last night, so I expect sane bedtime tonight. I can see older one going to go to sleep not much after midnight or earlier. He had work starting early morning tomorrow. Saw First Watch open at 7:30 am. Told older one, if feeling good when up, get up a bit earlier, and we can go out to breakfast before he heads off to work. We shall see. .

Wow, I guess my clock is wrong, huge amount of fireworks 10 minutes ago. Hehe, my neighbor’s younger kids did their pot ringing and cheering around 9 this evening.

Up, heard neighbors say happy new year. Now more fireworks. Hear a horn, almost funny sounding. Ooh banging heard all around us. Yay! Happy New Year from our family to all the homies, I hope those fireworks don’t sound sound all night.

I apparently took a little nap, so back to bed this homie is. Will be that early bird homie, I’m sure. Older one just said goodnight. Don’t blame him. Little one? Eh, I may or may not hear her when she says good night.

Happy New Year everyone. I’ve has an emotionally stressful week followed by a long drive home today, yet Dh still seemed to think I needed to be woken up to ring in the new year. Now I’m going to be awake for awhile.

I hate taking the trees all down, but I think we`ll do that on Sunday and have New Years with all the decor and lights.
I was hoping that Dh and B would have taken stuff down while I was away, but no. Not looking forward to doing that.

The cream I need for dessert tomorrow, making a kind of bannoffee cheesecake without the banana (yuk) so basically a cheesecake base, dulce de leche filling and whippped cream on top.....very decadent and very sweet, so won`t make a huge one as a small piece really is enough. But it`ll be big enough for 6 of us.
That sounds really good. I am not a fan of banana either.

Spent time watching some of the football games last night...The Music City Bowl with Tennessee and Purdue was very entertaining. More coming today.
I guess my Dh was in bowl heaven while I was gone. No one here to complain about how much football he watched.

Will be a quiet New Years Eve here. We haven’t been out for New Year’s Eve in years. We will just chill and have some snacks and watch some movies.
I think the last time we were out for NYE was when we welcomed 2016 at Disney World.

What an annoying way to start the year. So sorry this happened.

On a sad note...Betty White passed today at the age of 99..
I think we will have a National day of mourning. I was really hoping she would make it to 100.

Thank you all for your kind words about my mother’s money situation. I have no idea what is going to happen over the next couple of weeks. I know that we will not actually have our aunt arrested if she fails to return the money. My mom will never forgive us if we send her sister to jail. I just hope we can scare her enough into returning whatever she had left.

Happy New Year everyone. I’ve has an emotionally stressful week followed by a long drive home today, yet Dh still seemed to think I needed to be woken up to ring in the new year. Now I’m going to be awake for awhile.

I was hoping that Dh and B would have taken stuff down while I was away, but no. Not looking forward to doing that.

That sounds really good. I am not a fan of banana either.

I guess my Dh was in bowl heaven while I was gone. No one here to complain about how much football he watched.

I think the last time we were out for NYE was when we welcomed 2016 at Disney World.

What an annoying way to start the year. So sorry this happened.

I think we will have a National day of mourning. I was really hoping she would make it to 100.

Thank you all for your kind words about my mother’s money situation. I have no idea what is going to happen over the next couple of weeks. I know that we will not actually have our aunt arrested if she fails to return the money. My mom will never forgive us if we send her sister to jail. I just hope we can scare her enough into returning whatever she had left.

It`s been a horrible end to the year for you, and yes, incredibly stressful with what you`ve had to deal with. I hope your aunt doesn`t realise you won`t pursue this to the end and does the right thing, but at least she won`t get anymore.

Hope you can take the weekend to wind down a little before going back to work, and yes, taking down the trees and decorations is not fun!!

That dessert is very good, very simple though but everyone loves it and looks quite nice with some shaved chocolate on top of the cream too.....not diet frendly at all!!

Happy New Year to you too Robbie.......

Well, once an early riser, always an early riser. Got to bed around 2ish, barely heard any fireworks in the distance from us this time which is unusual in itself. BUt, woke as usual around 5.30. I spent years working early shift through choice and you do get conditioned......nothing unusual there, many folks are the same. Would love to have one or two mornings where I slept till 7 or 8......ain`t going to happen I guess.

Brunch it is today, we have a household of early risers here, Kyle has always been regimented and up with the larks too, but none of us like to eat too early. We do like a bucks fizz for breakfast on Christmas, but never do that on New Years Day. Have a lovely selection to put out for us and will make pancakes on request if anyone wishes.

Dinner is around 4ish today I believe, that time suited everyone. Friends that are coming, this is their first holiday season with none of their kids here, so wanted them to come here although they won`t stay late as they have horses and even though they get looked after, they like to check on them too. Horses are like the largest puppies in the world to them. They`re not bringing their dogs either so a few hours is the max they`ll stay.

Never make new years resolutions, but have decided to make some changes this year to a few things/people.........in a positive way ::yes::

So, after that babble....time for tea. And although it`s warm out there for the time of year, it is blowing a hoolie........🌬

cv84-S.jpg

cv117-S.jpg

cv100-Th.jpg

Happy Saturday and New Years Day........🥂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter