Something About Nothing............ #14

I Blinked and it was Tuesday!!!

We had a great time in the city the dd, sil and gd. We got her parent free on Saturday night - as mom and dad had dad's xmas party.

We went out to her favorite place for dinner - Subway! That girly loves a sandwich!!! Then we went to the new Disney "Wish" movie. It was really good! She of course was scared in some parts - but a little sitting on Grammie's lap and talking our way through the scary parts. We all enjoyed the movie. Then ice cream after then to bed! She went down surprisingly fast - given the sugar from candy from the movie and ice cream lol.

The weather is still holding out here. The chinook winds have arrived - and it is gusty!!!! But it is keep that nasty white stuff from falling.

Not sure what is on the menu tonight. Ds's are both working out of town - so dh and I are empty nesters for the next couple of days. Im thinking we might head to costco to pick up a few things...then home for a quick dinner.

Off to shuffle more papers.

Have a great evening everyone!

Snow already! Yep…..it’s here….Kyle just told me in an email they have snow, it’s not laying but cold!

Glad you had some nice times with the GD….priceless.

One of the things I look forward to is when schumi takes her UO trips and once she is back home, she shares all her trip highlights to us.

I have cut back on the amount of trips from what I have been doing the past two years so I quite enjoy how she shares with the readers of what all she does in her long stays in Orlando.

I do want her and others to continue to entertain us readers and share with us as they always are so interesting i find them very entertaining to read

I hope she will always do so, as i am quite fond of them and reading about her and Tom’s adventures

but, I have now grown tired of being a single travel tourist but hope my next trip in May i will be able to hook up with others.

since I have been going to the parks for years as a solo since it opened, i find its very enjoyable to do the parks with friends
I find it is more interesting to go to UO with people you know

solo trips for me are not as exciting any more like it used to be

I plan to book a week trip for next May and hope there will be someone that is interested in doing the parks and shows that has the same time schedule that i plan to book.

My brother had some plans with me for a spring trip to UO for next year but since he passed few months back, it’s obvious those plans were out of the picture now.

I am not giving up yet for just one more trip to UO
I have 6 months to figure out how to book and get a plan together which will not be a solo trip.
Wish me luck!

I have now cleared my brother’s home and have sold his home and all his acres of his land in in Ocala.
No more trips for us anymore
The new owners love his house and the 30
acres of property.
New owners have their 12 horses on their property
They absolutely love their new home.
I was very happy to sell the house and land to them.
They are native americans that have been trying for years to move back “home”.

Weather channel has listed some cold weather for us in a few days.Yuck !!

We won’t be back to our normal temperatures until many days for now.
So this means our furnace will be on for the next 5-6 days
This isn’t really a big deal for us as one cold spell could never top the temperatures that we lived in when back in the Chicago days when we lived there 7 years ago.

We’ll time for me to turn the lights off so all can get to sleep

See ya in the morning.
sweet dreams to all!

Hope to see you all at the breakfast table in the morning!

Thank you mac, I’m always glad when anyone enjoys the TR’s….they are a labour of love for sure.

And yes, glad to hear you’re going ahead with your trip in May….hope you can connect with folks.

Open my slider and what do I see?
View attachment 814358

Been there, done that & most activities here. Will be enjoying a less crowded ship day

These guys have been following us since port canaveral lol. Catch us if you can
View attachment 814359

Mac hopefully, you will connect with a traveling companion for all or part of your visit.

Surprised there isn’t that sort of a combined, large meet up Thread here for both parks where people could connect, whether for a short visit or longer sort

I’m not at all fond of being a solo traveler. Just not my thing, outside my comfort zone. Thankfully, family doesn’t need their arms twisted when I have needed a plus one in the past as it’s ‘on me’ most go-a-rounds lol.

I rarely read TRs. I’ve only done a couple here over the years. They are indeed a labor of love!

Carole gives us such entertaining and informative reads! Robbie has very detailed ones, especially as to shopping opportunities. Admittedly, the only two I follow. Nice that people do share their excitement. Surely, helps others with their planning

Pumpkin sounds like you had a great time. We were wondering re Wish. Such a hard push by Disney as being next Frozen sort of franchise. Have seen the merchandise of the fire thing plush? In the parks. Originally, thot it was Loki series’ VR talking click thing

Have a great one all

Thank you too Janet….it sure is swell to be appreciated……lol…….so many folks don’t….. :rotfl: I have to admit, I only read a few TR’s that I do like to keep up with.

Love the pictures as always…….keep em coming!!

Still alive here! Just read through a few posts and know I've missed the other 2 billion posts since last time I logged in!

Christmas Mouseville trip coming up Dec 13th with the littlest Grandsons!!! WHHHOOOOO!!!

Miss y'all!!!

R

Good to see you buckeev…..yes, there have been a lot of posts……

Good morning! @Robo56 thanks for your greeting! @keishashadow looks like a great cruise! @macraven congrats on selling the house to a nice family. @schumigirl having a good time at UO. @buckeev have fun at the mouse! Won’t be long.
And hi to everyone I haven’t mentioned. Not caught up at all! Like Buckeev I skimmed thru a few posts. It’s been busy here.
Yesterday was my last radiation treatment, yay. With all that’s been going on I haven’t been around here much but think of everyone. Now to recuperate. I’m a bit fatigued from treatment But will pop in. It’s a busy time of year too! This morning I’m celebrating finishing radiation by having a mani/pedi :goodvibes

Glad you’re doing good.

Killing time until it is time for me to go home.
Today has been weird. We have an office cell phone that I use to text reminders to clients. Today the battery has been at 10% charged all day despited being plugged in. I just looked at it a few minutes ago and suddenly it is 100% charged. The phone is old and needs replacing.

Congrats on having your last treatment. You deserve to pamper yourself some.

15 more minutes and I am out the door.

That does need replacing. Hope you got out on time….

Had a lovely day again….temps were up there in the 80’s, enjoyed some lovely sunshine in Mount Dora this morning and for lunch.

IMG_3104.jpeg

This afternoon, met our friend Raymond and always enjoy his company, before some Club Lounge time and just finished some sushi from Orchids. Heading over to Strong Water Bar to see a staff member who will be off till after we leave, need to say au revoir to her till next time.

Going to be ultra cold when we get home next week…..snow has arrived!

What a beautiful picture you posted schumi!
The water is striking gorgeous!

Enjoy your last week and hope you can return with a sun tan as your friends will be so jealous of it.

Yes I do know you don’t tan but if you return home with just with a little pink, your friends will be envious….

What a beautiful picture you posted schumi!
The water is striking gorgeous!

Enjoy your last week and hope you can return with a sun tan as your friends will be so jealous of it.

Yes I do know you don’t tan but if you return home with just with a little pink, your friends will be envious….

Thanks Mac, it is a gorgeous place and it was around 78F at 10.30am yesterday, but doubt I’ll tan with factor 30 sunscreen on……I wish!! I did however send a couple of friends selfies we took there…….and they sent me some back with snow around them…….lol…….

Yep, snow has arrived back home. Kyle sent us a picture an hour ago of the view from his office window……definitely snow there!

Nice couple of days ahead, we have some meets set up for today and weather looks amazing!

Have a lovely Friday :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

IMG_3115.jpeg

IMG_3116.jpeg

Welcome December. This year seems to have flown by. I woke up too early this morning, so I see a nap in my future.
We are supposed to get some rain today. I just hope it stops before the football game tonight.

Our local news station has predicted significant snowfall this season. I have a friend who works for the department of transportation and she says they are predicting no snow until February.

I suppose I should get up and at least be somewhat productive. I need to pay some bills and maybe do some laundry.

Schumi
It seems like this trip has moved fast for you this year!
it’s great to be in Florida now as it’s not super hot but nice lovely temps for the last week of your holiday vacation.

Yep, low 80’s has been perfect some days and should be like that till we leave……nice!

Enjoying breakfast in the lounge right now……. :sunny:

IMG_3117.jpeg

This is how December looks today for us, not too bad!

Charade
That would be great if your snow does not come until February.
You might have a more warmer winter then.

IMG_2580.jpeg

Yep, why there are already holiday lights in the neighborhoods. Day after Thanksgiving, we saw live Christmas trees in the yard for sale. Woot! The last trip on a plane, I think, this month.

Yeah, last couple of days, Charade, our local news showing our chance of seeing 20 to 30 inches of snow this winter is most likely the forecast. Sigh. El Niño. Last time we had a blizzard was in 1996. We have had less than an inch of snow for years now. Our rain is to come around early dinnertime, and finish around midnight, then more rain to come on Sunday. Overcast, but bright enough out as I tossed out trash and now.

DH still not feeling well. Heard from an extended family, flu in the area. He did get his flu shot, but like most virus vaccines, it just lessens the symptoms if not being able to stop getting it. Told him to just rest, and take medicine. Asked him last night if I could turn the alarm off. He said yes. But no matter, both of us were up around the time it goes off. He was, more slow getting up, and I tried to get back to sleep, but couldn’t. No matter, decided to make brownies, so the kitchen was smelling sweet.

Fabulous Friday wish to all, as we start this last month of the year.

Enjoy reading and seeing the live report pictures from Schumi and Keisha. I’d be happy with mid 80’s and dry weather the week we will be there. No snow here so far, snow flurries we have had, but thankful the wet we get today and Sunday is just cooler feeling rain. And very glad not freezing rain or sleet too.

Ooh time for more tea. Had a very nice long shower, and totally very happy it is a lazy day for me. Ah those three day weekends. Yay one less week in that years’ time countdown, until I’ll be maybe a snow bird or even part time resident. And ah, can’t believe it. Next Saturday, an even earlier get up time. Woot!

our local news showing our chance of seeing 20 to 30 inches of snow this winter is most likely the forecast.
Ours is close with a prediction of 14-28 inches.

DH still not feeling well
Continued well wishes for him.

Bills have been paid. Now I need to go to the post office. They are holding a package for me "per customer request", but I never requested the hold. It's a small item that could have easily fit in the mailbox.

Charade
That will be a whole lot of snow for you if that prediction comes true!

Same icky prediction for Lynne!

Woot! Live reporting and great pictures from Sas. Have fun tonight at the OI nighttime event.

Rain has moved out until Sunday, and started earlier than predicted. Was light enough rain, as total was 0.2 inches. And nice enough weather, as still 46 degrees out. Cloudy, but yay, as saying may see 60 as the high temp for tomorrow.

Hope all have a most peaceful night. And a nice lights, Christmas lights:
IMG_2581.jpeg

So bright as to not stub those toes going to the loo or grabbing that midnight snack.

We have arrived in paradise!!

view from our room at RPR:

Orlando Informer sign lit up on Jurassic River Adventur.

Glad you arrived safe and sound. Nice view from your room, enjoy!

Will send you a txt in the morning to confirm a meet for maybe a drink at Finnegans when it opens??? Sleep well tonight :)

Quiet day of catching up with friends at the hotel, lunch with one, then met D&J in Strong Water for a few drinks before dinner and a quiet-ish night…..how can you be shattered doing nothing!

Warm one today again with more sunshine tomorrow :sunny:

I blinked and it's Fun Day Friday :cool1:

It was a busy day at work today. After being at the homecare job for 3 days - I had lots to catch up on, but it's all done, so Monday will be back to normal. I'll be picking up a few extra shifts at homecare as the full-time gal is going on holidays just before Xmas. Now to sort it with my manager - but it is our slow period at my full-time job - so it is not a problem for me to be away for more days this month.

I am not sure we will all by trying to fit in this weekend. I'm sure some Xmas shopping will be involved. I'm also hoping to get started doing some baking as well. I was able to find some sugar during this " sugar shortage" as the workers in the factories are on strike :confused::rolleyes1 to do some baking and probably some tidying and cleaning will for sure be done. Maybe some xmas decorating might happen as well.

Our weather has slowly been creeping into the icky cold. Still no snow - it is in the forecast for the weekend - but the mornings with the cold temps has been VERY frosty! There is snow in the forecast after the weekend. But will warm up to milder temps. Don't get me wrong, it's still cold, just a more tolerable cold.

I didn't feel much like cooking tonight - so I stopped at Costco on the way home to pick up one of their fresh meals to cook up. It was the ginger beef. It was a flop. I won't buy that one again. The spicy honey garlic chicken and rice I whipped up last night, was much better. Oh well, lesson learned.

I am currently snuggling under a warm blanket, remote in hand, watching the newest season of "The Crown". I was a Princess Di fan and cried when and how she died.

Well, it's time to sign off - and keep watching my show.

Have a great night everyone - don't let the bed bugs bite. And to the early risers - may your coffee/tea cups stay hot and filled!!!

Nope, thankful no bugs here, and I was out like a quick turned off light. First time I’ve stayed up longer than one of my kids. DH on the other hand, is almost always the first one to bed. He did sound better yesterday. But we both were up early, as made some breakfast for him, as volunteering and just left. So that quiet enough house, and that what is interesting on the screen, as still not much new unless current news. But as I get all the new news, as turn on the radio that gives all local and some national and international news in 10 minute segments. And so, to say, not much of interest. Though glad the forecast this early morning, still said may seem some sunshine today, and a 60 on that outside thermometer.

Ooh that was a noisy vehicle go by on the main drag near me. It does get traffic 24 hours a day. Hence since I’m a block from it, I can still hear loud traffic. And it doesn’t sound like the roads are wet.

Thus, the weekend is here. And yay, for Pumpkin maybe doing that holiday shopping and baking. I never buy those meals at Costco, as I have a picky eater in the family, and there’s something to be said, the home made meal is the best. However I was at Costco yesterday, and Target, so just to say, my pantry is well stocked, and some fun stuff and gifts bought.

Told little one either today or Monday, she should mail her gift to her friend in a very little town in Canadian, so as to surely get there by Christmas. And woot, got my first Christmas card yesterday. Maybe I’ ll give her some cards to mail when she decides which day she is going to the post office. The first day of Hanukkah is Friday. And so, have both holiday cards to mail.

So hope all are having a super happy Saturday so far, being happy the rest of the day, and will have a most wonderful weekend. Tea drinking and screen watching homie hopes all get to enjoy some relaxing time this weekend.

Ah, alarm still off. Woot! Countdown is almost on one hand. :santa:

Christmas cards already ?
When Pete or I get one, it’s usually later in the month,

If our kids remember, they send them last minute
lol..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter