Some days, I just hate Asperger's...

karynnix

<font color=green>Cleaning the house while the kid
I hate what it does to my son. I hate to see him struggle just to walk through the mall without melting down. I hate it because my daughter wants so much to talk to her brother who just really doesn't care sometimes. I hate that before we leave for an afternoon of shopping and lunch out that I have to spend hours preparing my son for every single detail of what is to come. I hate the worried look on his face as we are driving to the mall because he doesn't know what is ahead. I hate the fast that he doesn't understand that 50 cents will not buy a toy that costs $14.99. I love my son more than life itself, but some days, I HATE ASPERGER'S.

Our neighbor has an 8 yr old ds with Aspergers. I feel so bad for both of them, because he has frequent meltdowns too. He is the most anxiety-ridden kid I've ever seen. But he's slowly getting better...I hope your son does too.

Our youngest was dx'd with high functioning autism. She's only 2, so I don't know what the future holds as she gets older. Anyway, I hear what you're saying, and I'm sorry. :grouphug:

:grouphug: I get it. My daughter is five and has HFA and ADHD. I wonder if I will ever be able to walk down a sidewalk without a death grip on her so she doesn't dart into traffic. I know her seven-year-old sister still has her training wheels on her bike because I can't take my hands or eyes off the little one long enough to teach my older daughter to ride without them. I wonder if, even with medication, she will ever be able to concentrate long enough to get a real job. I have faith in her and faith in myself, but I get so angry and sad sometimes, too.

:grouphug: I hate that my daughter Emily died. I hate that my daughter Meghan has to have heart surgery, has had tethered spinal cord surgery, has had feeding tube surgery...that her little body has scars....that her ribs are fused and missing, that her one kidney is missing and the other one is multicystic, that she has Reactive Airway Disease and has spent three christmases in the hospital on oxygen, and has bathroom issues. I hate knowing how cruel people will be to her because of these issues she has no control over. *big sigh*:sad1:

But I am thankful for everyday I have with her and all the technical advances they have made. She is a happy and loving child.:hug:

I hate never hearing the words "Mommy" or "Daddy". I hate seizures, I hate trachs and suctioning. I love the smiles, the giggles, the friends that I have made on all these varied boards who "get it". Thank all of you for posting about your lives and concerns and making me feel like we belong. Karen

I hate never hearing the words "Mommy" or "Daddy". I hate seizures, I hate trachs and suctioning. I love the smiles, the giggles, the friends that I have made on all these varied boards who "get it". Thank all of you for posting about your lives and concerns and making me feel like we belong. Karen

I am thankful that I get to hear my daughter say, "Mommy" and "Daddy." Thank you for giving me another thing to be thankful for.:hug:

:grouphug: Hugs to all of you dealing with these difficult situations with your children. I know I have a lot to be thankful for- my DD's medical issues are minimal, even though they do disrupt our daily lives at times.

I am a speech pathologist in the public preschool (I work part-time) and I feel very blessed by all of you who entrust your children to people like me. I love working with them and their achievements mean the world to me!

:grouphug:

My nephew has a form of Aspergers. With his, he is also mentally challenged (I don't think that is the norm from what my sister has told me). Which the cognitive delay could have happened completely separate I guess (maybe at birth or something). Anyway, he went to live at school this year! He will turn 20 in December and they live in Sweden. The school he attends has a dorm type situation for older children and he is loving it!!!!! He comes home every weekend. He was a little nervous (my sister was very very nervous), but he is doing so well! She thought he would never be able to leave home. EVER. Not even for school. And look what he is doing!

Just trying to give some positive vibes and say that my sister gets it!

And they are coming with us on our trip in November! :)

Sandra

As an ASPIE mom I hear you loud and clear. Some days are better than others. My ds is now 10 (11 in a month) and thankfully through therapy things have gotten much better. he still likes a plan and to know exactly where and when we are going but its not as pressing as it used to be.

For me, I HATE MEAN KIDS! I hate that they can all just play and talk and be NICE! I just want my son to make and KEEP 1 friend. 1 person that he can be a buddy with and enjoy the stuff he likes, someone to spend the night and ask him to do the same. Some one to invite him to a birthday party. I just want my son to have a friend.:sad1:

For me, I HATE MEAN KIDS! I hate that they can all just play and talk and be NICE! I just want my son to make and KEEP 1 friend. 1 person that he can be a buddy with and enjoy the stuff he likes, someone to spend the night and ask him to do the same. Some one to invite him to a birthday party. I just want my son to have a friend.:sad1:

My son gets invited to Birthday parties but my son too does not have one friend to do these things. Breaks my heart!!!

As an ASPIE mom I hear you loud and clear. Some days are better than others. My ds is now 10 (11 in a month) and thankfully through therapy things have gotten much better. he still likes a plan and to know exactly where and when we are going but its not as pressing as it used to be.

My DS has Aspergers and ADHD too. It hurts too, because he's a twin and his sister has no disABILITIES and has many friends. My poor little guy keeps a talley in head it seems of when she gets invited out. Sometimes I can't let her have a playdate, because it completely overwhelms him. He and I are blessed though he does have ONE very special friend. They don't get together as often as I'd like because of mixed schedules, but they get along so well. His friend knows what is hard for my DS and will help him out, even last week at school when a kid pushed DS, the friend took DS away and helped him calm down. They have been together the past four years in school, and this year by request and our principal kept them together.

SO YES I HATE:headache: AS and ADHD somedays, but I LOVE:love: DS and things he can thrive in like reading and his friend, hope they are always together! :grouphug:

:hug:

My son is 10 and I thought he might be aspie or HFA, but the psychologist said DS was "too smart and expressive" to have that. He did say that he has anxiety and OCD. Maybe should get a second opinion. DS always has to know where we are going when we are out running errands. He wants to know what store we are going to, what we are going to get there, and the order which we are going to the different stores. If we do something out of order, he has meltdown. He gets so argumentative about everything.

He hasn't been invited to a birthday party in 2 years, and that year was only one time. He has one friend who is a girl that talks and talks and talks and I think she likes him because he will listen to her. She calls here to talk to him, he puts the phone on speaker and plays his video games and barely pays attention to her. He is so excited whenever she calls. He doesn't get any other calls from anyone else. Then, there is another boy in his class that is socially not accepted by the other boys, he seems more immature. He and DS get along good after DS learned about Pokemon (which that boy really likes).

My son gets invited to Birthday parties but my son too does not have one friend to do these things. Breaks my heart!!!

AMEN! Just one friend would be a blessing. Someone who doesn't care that he has meltdowns or can't play football. Someone he can be himself around, play with after school and not be judged or taken advantage of. Think Santa can wrap that up and fit it on the sleigh for us? :confused:

AMEN! Just one friend would be a blessing. Someone who doesn't care that he has meltdowns or can't play football. Someone he can be himself around, play with after school and not be judged or taken advantage of. Think Santa can wrap that up and fit it on the sleigh for us? :confused:

Sports! Why does it have to be so hard. The only boys in are immediate area near the house, first came running up to our door to ask DS to play and he was more than happy to but once it turned intoto sports DS just can't keep track of all the rules and the phsycial part is too demanding. Well those boys don't come around anymore....why does it seem some kids are so cruel. I don't remember it being that hard when I grew up.

We're lucky he does have 1 friend, but shouldn't he and all our kids have more?

Lots of hugs out to all of you going through so much of the same as me and my family!:grouphug: :grouphug:

If Santa could I would give a million to make it happen! That is if I had a million! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Well those boys don't come around anymore....why does it seem some kids are so cruel. I don't remember it being that hard when I grew up.

I think that labeling the kids cruel because they don't come to your house asking to play with your son a big cop-out. YOU need to make arrangements for your son. YOU could find a support group where there could be other children with the same interests and abilities as your child. Have you taken the time to meet the parents of the kids you want your son to be asked to play with? Have you invited families over to get to know you and your son?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter