Solo Weekend at my vacation home -DVC (June 21-23) Update: Finished up with merchandise. All done,

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
I thought I would get this started right away because some of the things are time sensitive and won't be available for long. I had a very nice weekend at my vacation home at the Villas at the Grand Californian. Truth be told, my vacation home is actually at the Disneyland Hotel (that's where I purchased). I usually book the Villas at the Disneyland Hotel first and then I wait list for The Grand when I am allowed to do that at 7 months out. I've been getting the Grand most of the time booking it that way. While I do LOVE what I purchased, the location of the Grand, along with not needing to pay TOT at checkout, make it more desirable much of the time.

Some of the highlights that I will share are:
DVC - VGC
Sonoma Terrace Pixar Pals Reserved Viewing
Sound/Breath work Meditation
Cultivating the Magic Tour
Fantasmic/Rancho del Zocala Reserved Viewing
Tenaya Stone Spa
Merchandise
- there will be other things, too.

Originally, my daughter and I were going to spend Saturday together and we booked the Train tour. She hurt her leg the weekend before and wasn't sure if she would feel like doing a 2 hour walking tour. A few days before our scheduled tour, a heat advisory went into effect for Saturday. I decided that it would be a bad choice to do the train tour since we likely wouldn't be able to ride inside the Lily Belle in the heat. I cancelled the tour and decided that I would just book everything last minute after I arrived on Friday afternoon. I did find out from a tour guide later that only the 8:30am tour was allowed to go inside the Lily Belle due to high heat.

I arrived at the parking lot on Friday afternoon around 2:30pm. Even though I did online check in, I went to the front desk to get a key card. My deluxe studio room was ready and I was able to go put my stuff in the room and look over the activities. I have always wanted to take the tours of the hotels and I noticed that there was one of the Disneyland Hotel on Saturday at 1:00. I also saw a Sound/breathe work meditation on Saturday at 8:30 am at the Grand that I was interested in. I used my in room phone and dialed 0 to book those 2 things. The Disneyland Hotel tour was already full! The operator told me where the meet up spot was and she suggested that I show up at the start time and ask if they had any last minute cancellations. She transferred me to Tenaya Stone Spa to book the Breath work Meditation. I was told to meet at 7:45 to be 15 minutes early for the breathe work and to meet at the Spa. That was different than what my paper schedule showed, but I was hungry and wanted to get to the park and decided I would figure it out in the morning.

Here are the current schedules given to me by the front desk. One is the hotel activities that can be done by anyone staying in any of the 3 hotels. The other one is the current Pixar Pals celebration menu. Also, a view from my room 3516. I had a beautiful view of the Redwood Creek area, which is currently closed for refurbishment. It was nice and quiet and gorgeous. 😍PXL_20240623_171836838.jpgPXL_20240623_171816097.jpgPXL_20240623_171829749.jpgPXL_20240621_214717589.jpg

Last edited:

I checked the App for places to order food in the park (DCA) and ended up deciding to get a cheese on a stick from Corn Dog Castle. It was ready immediately and it was undercooked. The inside of the cheese wasn't hot and the inner batter wasn't cooked. I ate it anyway, along with the chips because I was so hungry.

PXL_20240621_220247876.jpgPXL_20240621_220135054.jpg

While I was digesting my food, I decided to join the walk up list for Magic Key Terrace so I could get a 5...4...3..2..1, otherwise known as, my blue and white drink. The App said it was a 45 minute wait. About 30 minutes later, I was notified that I would be seated in 15 minutes and to be nearby. 5 minutes after that, I got a notification that my table was ready and I would lose my place in line if I wasn't checked in during the next 10 minutes. I was on my way over and got my table and drink without issue. I used to like the food there, but a recent menu change took away all my favorites.

I did a little shopping and rode Radiator Springs Racers single rider while I waited for my Pixar Parade event. The single rider line was about 15 minutes, which wasn't too bad. The misters in the line were very welcomed by everyone waiting for the ride.
PXL_20240621_222305348.jpgPXL_20240621_222301009.jpgPXL_20240621_222252936.jpgPXL_20240621_223111348.jpgPXL_20240621_231956604.jpg

PXL_20240622_003955219.jpgPXL_20240622_003919848.jpgPXL_20240622_014559344.MP.jpgPXL_20240622_005854885.jpgPXL_20240622_014351795.jpgPXL_20240622_005841114.jpgPXL_20240622_004525149.jpgPXL_20240622_015503008.MP.jpgPXL_20240622_014212819.jpgPXL_20240622_015258659.jpg
I checked my App often and as soon as I noticed that I could check in for Sonoma Terrace, I did. The App asked if I wanted a high or low table. I chose high because I noticed that most of the low tables were in the full sun and it was hot out! I still had nearly 40 minutes before the seating time so I went to Grizzly Peak Rapids to see if there was a single rider line and there was. I needed to get a single rider pass from the line attendant and then enter through the exit. It was walk on for me as a single rider.

I went to Sonoma Terrace and was quickly seated since I already checked in via the App. A lot of people were confused about checking in and hadn't done it through the App before arriving. They had a different line that was a lot slower. We were given wrist bands in case we were going to leave the area and come back. I was told that since Sonoma Terrace was right behind us, we wouldn't be served alcohol because they want us to buy it from the bar. I was given a water bottle as soon as I was seated. I was seated with another solo traveler and a Mom with her adult son. We were given our plates and told we could have unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. I had the blue mocktail which was very good and the cold brew coffee, which wasn't very good. I ate the grapes, cheese and crackers and gave the salami to one of my table mates. I ate both cakes and took everything else in a to go box. I ended up throwing out the macaron and the big cookie and eating the rice crispy treat the following night.

I apologize for the choppy report/pictures. It's been a few years since I have done a trip report and apparently I can't remember how to format it. I'm also posting from my phone, which I don't think I have done before. 🤷

View attachment 870995View attachment 870996View attachment 870997View attachment 870998View attachment 870999View attachment 871000View attachment 871001View attachment 871002View attachment 871003View attachment 871004
I checked my App often and as soon as I noticed that I could check in for Sonoma Terrace, I did. The App asked if I wanted a high or low table. I chose high because I noticed that most of the low tables were in the full sun and it was hot out! I still had nearly 40 minutes before the seating time so I went to Grizzly Peak Rapids to see if there was a single rider line and there was. I needed to get a single rider pass from the line attendant and then enter through the exit. It was walk on for me as a single rider.

I went to Sonoma Terrace and was quickly seated since I already checked in via the App. A lot of people were confused about checking in and hadn't done it through the App before arriving. They had a different line that was a lot slower. We were given wrist bands in case we were going to leave the area and come back. I was told that since Sonoma Terrace was right behind us, we wouldn't be served alcohol because they want us to buy it from the bar. I was given a water bottle as soon as I was seated. I was seated with another solo traveler and a Mom with her adult son. We were given our plates and told we could have unlimited non-alcoholic beverages. I had the blue mocktail which was very good and the cold brew coffee, which wasn't very good. I ate the grapes, cheese and crackers and gave the salami to one of my table mates. I ate both cakes and took everything else in a to go box. I ended up throwing out the macaron and the big cookie and eating the rice crispy treat the following night.

I apologize for the choppy report/pictures. It's been a few years since I have done a trip report and apparently I can't remember how to format it. I'm also posting from my phone, which I don't think I have done before. 🤷
We were at vgc the same dates and dca on friday as well.
It was fun and i wrote a trip report on the dvc trip reports that agrees with many of your observations

We were at vgc the same dates and dca on friday as well.
It was fun and i wrote a trip report on the dvc trip reports that agrees with many of your observations
Wow! I almost posted over there, but decided to post it in Disneyland because I did so many Disneyland only things. I'll check out your trip report. 😀

Since I was staying at VGC/The Grand, it was convenient to take my leftovers to the room. I picked up a couple shirts on my way over. I got a Magic Key T-shirt from a cart by Sonoma Terrace and a Pizza Planet button down on the pier for my husband.

My favorite gift shops are in the hotels and I stopped at the lobby gift shop in the Grand on the way to my room.I bought a DVC zip up jacket (which it's way too hot out for now), a bathing suit and some trunks. I was going to wear the bathing suit with the trunks the next morning for the Breath Sound Meditation (you have to wear stuff that you don't mind getting wet). When I got to the room, I tried everything on and the bathing suit looked so bad that I decided to return it and just wear a tank top and the trunks.

I noticed a lot more references to DVC during this visit. There's a stained glass window in the lobby at the Grand and a whole building (opening "soon") next to Sonoma Terrace in DCA. I don't know if the building is just a sales place or if it will offer a rest spot for DVC members. It should be open when I go back in August.
PXL_20240622_025839462.jpgPXL_20240622_023358349.jpgPXL_20240622_023321673.jpgPXL_20240622_001403474.jpgPXL_20240622_023611055.jpgPXL_20240622_023532776.jpgPXL_20240622_023456653.jpgPXL_20240622_023450508.jpg

After trying everything on in my room and looking at what to do next, I went to Disneyland via the Downtown Disney entrance from the hotel. I walked past a really pretty Pride flower display and realized that I should have come a day earlier to attend a Pride night. I'm definitely thinking about next June already.

I tend to favor less popular characters and I saw some great things in the art shop on Main Street near the front entrance. I loved the look of the Sleeping Beauty jewelry box, but it was just cheap plastic and that ruined it for me. I also saw a cool Mulan statue, but I have nowhere to put it and decided against it.

I did lots of browsing throughout the park. It was nearing 9:00pm and I thought I might try to catch the fireworks at 9:30 by It's a Small World if that was still a thing. When I got there, there were only a handful of people that looked like they were waiting for fireworks. I asked a couple people if they were waiting for fireworks and they said yes. Since it was so empty, I rode It's a Small World and then came back. By that time, there were many people, but still not nearly as many as on Main Street. I waited 15 minutes for the show to start and it was incredible. The projections on Its a Small World are so much fun. The fireworks were slightly off to the left and it made it a little confusing on where to look. I prefer it to the other viewing areas, though.

After the show was over, I went to Fantasyland to ride several rides. I hit Peter Pan first. It was blocked off for about 10 minutes, but I was in the second row of people waiting to get access to that portion of the park. When they let us through, I had less than a 15 minute wait for the ride. I enjoy the little wooden cutouts in the queue. It makes it more fun somehow. I highly recommend watching the fireworks at Its a Small World and then riding Peter Pan right afterwards.

PXL_20240622_030155772.jpgPXL_20240622_050815246.jpgPXL_20240622_040501317.jpgPXL_20240622_050700698.jpgPXL_20240622_030945158.jpgPXL_20240622_043012580.MP.jpgPXL_20240622_030909284.jpgPXL_20240622_044258092.jpgPXL_20240622_051055670.jpgPXL_20240622_030202113.MP.jpg

How was the meditation? I’m tempted by it.
It was brilliant. It'll be in my next post, but I will say it was one of the best parts of the entire weekend. I will do it every time that I visit and stay onsite. Incidentally, you don't have to stay onsite for it. It's open to the public as are the paddle board yoga and fitness classes.

Saturday was going to be a schedule heavy day for me. I would have put out the breakfast card on my door the night before, but I didn't have one. I am crazy for the yogurt and fruit room service breakfast and have been trying to duplicate it at home, but it's never quite the same. Here's the Saturday plan:

8:00 Breath Sound Meditation
10:45 Cultivating the Magic Tour
1:00 Disneyland Hotel tour (not confirmed)
3:00 Rancho del Zocala dining package
5:30 Hydrafacial at Tenaya Stone Spa
9:00 Fantasmic reserved viewing

A few minutes after 7:00am, I had 2 calls about my day. First call was from the tour department telling me that the 10:45 Cultivating the Magic Tour wasn't available and to come at 11:45 instead. While that was disappointing because it would make it impossible to attend the Disneyland Hotel tour and because it was extremely hot with a heat advisory in effect, I said I would come at 11:45. The next call was from the Spa going over all the stuff that I already read about online when I booked the appointment.

At 7:45, I headed over to Tenaya spa, which is where I was told on the phone to meet for the Breathe Sound Meditation. Once there, I was told that I was supposed to meet at the fitness center. I headed back over to the fitness center and my instructor was outside waiting for me and another participant. There were only 3 of us in the class today.

The course description says you can get wet and that the activity takes place on a paddle board. In actuality, we were on tethered rafts and I imagine you would only get wet if you somehow fell off (which would be difficult to do). There were water bottles and kind bars out for us to take after the class. The rafts are pulled over for us to crawl on. We laid flat on our backs through the class. It was 8:00am in the full sun on what was going to be an extremely hot day. We had blackout eye pillows and they worked wonders. It really seemed like the sun was turned off! Another instructor was in the water and talked us through the breathing. When the breath work was over, we had meditation with sound bowls and some aromatherapy. It would turn out to be the most magical experience of my entire weekend. I decided that I would take the class again whenever I could and I would also take paddle board yoga in the futute.

The instructor told us about the other classes that she teaches. Most are available for the general public, but a couple are for onsite guests only. She said the most popular is Sunrise Yoga in Disneyland Park. She said lots of people who have never done Yoga like to take it because they love Space Mountain and it takes place outdoors there. They also walk behind the scenes coming and going and get to see parts of the park that nobody gets to see. They do see the sunrise while doing postures. It sounds awesome and I will try it if it's ever offered when I am there. It's a mid-week thing and current price is $99.

I went back to the room to change and eat my kind bar. I was planning on going to Sephora before the Park, but they weren't open that early so I went to the park in search of breakfast. I mobile ordered from Red Rose Tavern and got the eggs with extra tater tots instead of meat. It was nearly terrible. I really dislike the food in the parks overall. I mostly eat quick service for convenience, but most of the time, I am disappointed and they have removed nearly all my favorites.

To kill time before the Cultivating the Magic Tour, I rode the horse drawn carriage and I felt bad about it because the horse seemed unhappy. It was too hot. ☹️ I visited the Tiki room and then watched the Disneyland Band until it was time to check in for the tour.

PXL_20240622_145139162.jpgPXL_20240622_145137312.jpgPXL_20240622_165049022.jpgPXL_20240622_173932989.jpgPXL_20240622_175713822.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20240622_182829986.jpgPXL_20240622_182831431.jpg

When I went to check in for Cultivating the Magic, there were only two people ahead of me in line, but it was a slooow process. I see why they want everyone there at least 15 minutes before. Someone ended up coming out of the booth to check me in. Turns out, I wasn't on the list. I told him that I was scheduled for 10:45, but had a call asking me to come to 11:45 instead. He took all my information, name, address, email and made my name tag. He didn't ask for any proof of what I said and it was a seamless process.

The tour started off a bit odd and I wasn't sure if it was going to get better. Our guide did a great job of finding shade for our group of 20 people, but it ended up with us walking around a lot from place to place to stand in the shade and listen to about 2 sentences before it was time to navigate through the crowds to find another shady spot. It also wasn't very interesting to me. I think I wanted more history/education. I did learn some things that I didn't know about the trees which was interesting. Part of our tour included going on Jungle Cruise. We had our own boat and our guide narrated about the plants and water systems rather than the captain doing the normal spiel. I heard one person say that the cost was worth just getting the VIP access to the Jungle Cruise. I disagree, but I have been on the ride many times over the last 50+ years and wouldn't pay to ride it.

Our tour ended in Toontown and we were given a pin. Earlier, we were given a piece of paper that had wildflower seeds in it. We're supposed to plant it at home, but I haven't done it, yet. When I checked in, I was told that they were going to mail something to me that wasn't finished growing, yet. I haven't received anything and I suspect that the paper with the wildflower seeds was given out instead.

Overall, I give it a solid Meh. It wasn't particularly good or bad. I'm not sure who it would appeal to. I just very much do not recommend taking it when there's an active heat advisory. I actually think it might have been a fun tour in the rain with umbrellas. It sounds like it only runs through mid August.

PXL_20240622_194816954.jpgPXL_20240622_194039009.jpgPXL_20240622_194036354.MP.jpgPXL_20240622_194032443.MP.jpgPXL_20240622_195005992.jpgPXL_20240622_184639581.jpgPXL_20240623_020854628.MP.jpg

It was miserably hot after the tour and I decided that I needed ice water and ice cream and to find some shade. Our tour ended in Toontown so I walked to Fantasyland and bought an ice cream sandwich from a cart and then grabbed a cup of ice water inside Red Rose Tavern. I began the search for a place to sit in the shade. There was nothing available in Fantasyland so I started walking towards Frontierland. I found a whole bench in the shade. I sat down at one end so others could easily sit if they were also feeling faint from the heat. I put my ice water cup next to me and started eating my ice cream sandwich. Unfortunately, I almost immediately was surrounded by oblivious people. First, it was 2 adults with 2 kids. One of the kids decided to entertain herself by trying to get her bubble wand to fill my ice water with bubbles. I didn't hold back my irritation and said, "Are you kidding me?" And moved the water to the ground underneath me. They were soon on their way and a large family took their place, taking up the rest of the bench and the ones left standing crowded around to stand in the shade and I was surrounded. A man sitting next to me decided to wash his hands with his kid's water mister and then he violently shook his hands off, getting the water from his hands on everything including me and in my ice water. I was almost done with my ice cream and obviously not able to drink the water at this point so I got up and threw everything away. I was still overheated and I went to the Tiki room to cool down.

After the Tiki room, it was time nearly time to go to Rancho del Zocala for my Fantasmic meal. I was about 20 minutes early, but it was not a problem at all. The middle line was for the Fantasmic meal and I read the menu choices while in the line. The only thing that was somewhat interesting to me (I rarely eat meat) was the potato tacos. They didn't look very good, but they were very good, thanks to the sauce drizzled on them. Overall, the meal was good and I generally don't like the food so I was pleasantly surprised. The cake was alright and I ate the top half. After I ate, I went to my room to chug some cold water.

My Hydrafacial appointment was at 5:30 and the spa recommends arriving 30 minutes earlier to relax in the relaxation room. Sitting in the relaxation room ended up being one of my favorite things of the entire weekend. When I checked in at the spa, someone came out to have me select a stone, to I suppose get me to focus on something and then I was told to return the stone to the Tenaya Stone and I was given a tour and a locker for my clothes and phone. I put on the provided robe and slippers and went to relax in the relaxation room. I was not hungry, but food is part of the experience and I ate for the sake of trying a couple things. I will go hungry next time.

I was offered a little cup of sliced veggies and hummus and since I had only been eating fried food and sugar food, I decided to eat it. There are bakery items and whole fruits out for us to help ourselves. A woman coming out of her treatment took a bunch of cookies to go. I asked her about the cookies and she described them to me and they sounded amazing. I still wasn't hungry, but I decided to try one. It was an oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts and it was delicious. It's one of the best cookies I have ever had. I'm going in hungry next time!

When it was time for my Hydrafacial, my practitioner came to get me. I've never had a Hydrafacial before and it's a very specific machine and products. It's like a carpet cleaner for your face. 😛 It shoots stuff into the pores while vacuuming it back out. It's not a relaxing facial, but it's not exactly painful, either. It's like a deep cleaning and it feels like water is being shot into your face and vacuumed. There was an LED mask that went on my face after and I had an arm and shoulder massage during that time. Lots of debris came out of my pores. I was shown what came out. I would definitely do it again. If you want to really relax and treat yourself, you might choose a different facial.

The service is pretipped and I wasn't asked if I wanted to tip more. When I was leaving, the front desk gave me a shower fragrant cube. It smelled heavenly and I put it in my shower to melt when I was back home. If they sell those, I will buy some next time I am there. Overall, I give the spa a 10/10. It was a fantastic experience from entrance to exit. I was too relaxed to go back to the park and I decided to just wait in my room until it was time to go watch Fantasmic. PXL_20240622_220844340.jpgPXL_20240623_020901616.jpg

It was miserably hot after the tour and I decided that I needed ice water and ice cream and to find some shade. Our tour ended in Toontown so I walked to Fantasyland and bought an ice cream sandwich from a cart and then grabbed a cup of ice water inside Red Rose Tavern. I began the search for a place to sit in the shade. There was nothing available in Fantasyland so I started walking towards Frontierland. I found a whole bench in the shade. I sat down at one end so others could easily sit if they were also feeling faint from the heat. I put my ice water cup next to me and started eating my ice cream sandwich. Unfortunately, I almost immediately was surrounded by oblivious people. First, it was 2 adults with 2 kids. One of the kids decided to entertain herself by trying to get her bubble wand to fill my ice water with bubbles. I didn't hold back my irritation and said, "Are you kidding me?" And moved the water to the ground underneath me. They were soon on their way and a large family took their place, taking up the rest of the bench and the ones left standing crowded around to stand in the shade and I was surrounded. A man sitting next to me decided to wash his hands with his kid's water mister and then he violently shook his hands off, getting the water from his hands on everything including me and in my ice water. I was almost done with my ice cream and obviously not able to drink the water at this point so I got up and threw everything away. I was still overheated and I went to the Tiki room to cool down.

After the Tiki room, it was time nearly time to go to Rancho del Zocala for my Fantasmic meal. I was about 20 minutes early, but it was not a problem at all. The middle line was for the Fantasmic meal and I read the menu choices while in the line. The only thing that was somewhat interesting to me (I rarely eat meat) was the potato tacos. They didn't look very good, but they were very good, thanks to the sauce drizzled on them. Overall, the meal was good and I generally don't like the food so I was pleasantly surprised. The cake was alright and I ate the top half. After I ate, I went to my room to chug some cold water.

My Hydrafacial appointment was at 5:30 and the spa recommends arriving 30 minutes earlier to relax in the relaxation room. Sitting in the relaxation room ended up being one of my favorite things of the entire weekend. When I checked in at the spa, someone came out to have me select a stone, to I suppose get me to focus on something and then I was told to return the stone to the Tenaya Stone and I was given a tour and a locker for my clothes and phone. I put on the provided robe and slippers and went to relax in the relaxation room. I was not hungry, but food is part of the experience and I ate for the sake of trying a couple things. I will go hungry next time.

I was offered a little cup of sliced veggies and hummus and since I had only been eating fried food and sugar food, I decided to eat it. There are bakery items and whole fruits out for us to help ourselves. A woman coming out of her treatment took a bunch of cookies to go. I asked her about the cookies and she described them to me and they sounded amazing. I still wasn't hungry, but I decided to try one. It was an oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts and it was delicious. It's one of the best cookies I have ever had. I'm going in hungry next time!

When it was time for my Hydrafacial, my practitioner came to get me. I've never had a Hydrafacial before and it's a very specific machine and products. It's like a carpet cleaner for your face. 😛 It shoots stuff into the pores while vacuuming it back out. It's not a relaxing facial, but it's not exactly painful, either. It's like a deep cleaning and it feels like water is being shot into your face and vacuumed. There was an LED mask that went on my face after and I had an arm and shoulder massage during that time. Lots of debris came out of my pores. I was shown what came out. I would definitely do it again. If you want to really relax and treat yourself, you might choose a different facial.

The service is pretipped and I wasn't asked if I wanted to tip more. When I was leaving, the front desk gave me a shower fragrant cube. It smelled heavenly and I put it in my shower to melt when I was back home. If they sell those, I will buy some next time I am there. Overall, I give the spa a 10/10. It was a fantastic experience from entrance to exit. I was too relaxed to go back to the park and I decided to just wait in my room until it was time to go watch Fantasmic. View attachment 875911View attachment 875912
Oh my gosh, your ice cream and ice water cool down attempt really upset me! What is wrong with people?! I totally would have said something similar ("are you kidding me?!"). And the guy washing his hands -- why?! Go to a restroom to do that, or at least not directly next to someone. I swear, people forget they are supposed to be in a civilized society sometimes.

The spa sounds so lovely. I have always wanted to go, but we are usually so focused on the parks. I'll have to try it one day. I had no idea they served food!

Oh my gosh, your ice cream and ice water cool down attempt really upset me! What is wrong with people?! I totally would have said something similar ("are you kidding me?!"). And the guy washing his hands -- why?! Go to a restroom to do that, or at least not directly next to someone. I swear, people forget they are supposed to be in a civilized society sometimes.

The spa sounds so lovely. I have always wanted to go, but we are usually so focused on the parks. I'll have to try it one day. I had no idea they served food!
After the ice water fiasco, I came up with a thought to carry one of those silicone or cloth drink covers that are made to keep drinks safe in night clubs. I still haven't purchased one, but I think it's going to be a good thing for sanitary reasons in the parks.

The spa was so much better than what I was expecting. I'm going to the parks again in August and my Believe pass is blocked on one of the days that I will be there. I'm planning on going to the spa and hopefully doing some of the classes. The schedule seems to only come out a couple weeks in advance. I'm not sure what will be offered.

After the spa, I was very relaxed and could have easily not gone back to the parks at all, but I had the reserved Fantasmic viewing and I headed over there about an hour before the show. I felt that it was a bit unorganized to check in. I was told to go to Harbor Galley and there was no one there and no sign about where to go. After finding a CM they told me to walk in the roped off aisle and that took me all the way back to near the front of Pirates. Since I ate at Rancho del Zocala for this viewing spot, it was considered the least desirable of the 3 reserved sections. It was actually an exceptional space and I was early enough to get a good spot. People who arrived closer to showtime had either a post in front of them or were in the very back. The show was phenomenal. While I did miss the dragon, Maleficent grew tall and was significant. I felt very disappointed that the floating Ursula replaced with a water show version, but if I had never seen the show before, I wouldn't have known that something amazing was missing.

We were allowed to stay in our spot for the fireworks. The projections were going on the water spray. The view of the fireworks was very good in this spot. The projections were poor after seeing them on it's a small world the night before. After the show, I went on Pirates because it was right there and walk on. Since I was solo, I was put in the front, which was wet. My bottom ended up getting very wet and I decided to call it a night.

In the morning, I went to Craftsman grill and had the avocado toast and coffee. It was early entry for DCA and I only made it in 5 minutes early, but that got me on Guardians right away (my favorite ride) and then I did a few things, but it was hot by 9am and I wasn't in the mood for heat and crowds again. I went to the room to get my luggage and I decided to get some shopping done and head home.

I put my luggage in the trunk and went to the Disneyland Hotel to the gift shop. The gift shop there is often my favorite gift shop on the entire property. I figured that if I didn't find anything special, I would go to downtown Disney for a while before leaving.

The gift shop did not disappoint! It had lots of DVC merchandise and Tiki merchandise. I found so many things that I wanted and I was in the mood to treat myself. I must have looked like a lunatic with all the stuff I was gathering. I got a Tiki mug, a Peter Pan mug, a Dvc mug, a Dvc sun hat, a tiki dress, a Tiki shirt for my husband (that he doesn't want) and a Pandora bracelet with 3 charms. The charms are DVC, Pirate's of the Caribbean and the Hat box ghost. When they were ringing me up, I saw a mint tin and threw that in because it was something that we always used to get back in the 1990s. I'm extremely happy with everything, but my husband doesn't like the way the sleeves fall on his shoulders on the shirt I bought him. So, now I have a men's XL tiki shirt that I don't know what to do with. I'm going back in August, but that's beyond the 30 day return policy.

My shopping bag was full and there was no reason to go to Downtown Disney. I wasn't quite hungry enough to get lunch, so I headed out to the freeway and was on my way home. I already have another weekend booked at VGC in August. My Magic key is blocked on one of the days, so I will use that day for the spa and hopefully some stuff in Downtown Disney. I don't have fun traveling solo anywhere else, but I always have a good time at Disneyland. It's truly my personal vacation home.PXL_20240623_162703944.jpgPXL_20240623_203140129.jpgPXL_20240623_202852162.jpgPXL_20240623_203108038.jpgPXL_20240623_202911369.MP.jpgPXL_20240623_203228698.jpgPXL_20240623_202905796.jpgPXL_20240623_202421438.jpgPXL_20240623_203712935~2.jpgPXL_20240623_203934365.jpg

After the spa, I was very relaxed and could have easily not gone back to the parks at all, but I had the reserved Fantasmic viewing and I headed over there about an hour before the show. I felt that it was a bit unorganized to check in. I was told to go to Harbor Galley and there was no one there and no sign about where to go. After finding a CM they told me to walk in the roped off aisle and that took me all the way back to near the front of Pirates. Since I ate at Rancho del Zocala for this viewing spot, it was considered the least desirable of the 3 reserved sections. It was actually an exceptional space and I was early enough to get a good spot. People who arrived closer to showtime had either a post in front of them or were in the very back. The show was phenomenal. While I did miss the dragon, Maleficent grew tall and was significant. I felt very disappointed that the floating Ursula replaced with a water show version, but if I had never seen the show before, I wouldn't have known that something amazing was missing.

We were allowed to stay in our spot for the fireworks. The projections were going on the water spray. The view of the fireworks was very good in this spot. The projections were poor after seeing them on it's a small world the night before. After the show, I went on Pirates because it was right there and walk on. Since I was solo, I was put in the front, which was wet. My bottom ended up getting very wet and I decided to call it a night.

In the morning, I went to Craftsman grill and had the avocado toast and coffee. It was early entry for DCA and I only made it in 5 minutes early, but that got me on Guardians right away (my favorite ride) and then I did a few things, but it was hot by 9am and I wasn't in the mood for heat and crowds again. I went to the room to get my luggage and I decided to get some shopping done and head home.

I put my luggage in the trunk and went to the Disneyland Hotel to the gift shop. The gift shop there is often my favorite gift shop on the entire property. I figured that if I didn't find anything special, I would go to downtown Disney for a while before leaving.

The gift shop did not disappoint! It had lots of DVC merchandise and Tiki merchandise. I found so many things that I wanted and I was in the mood to treat myself. I must have looked like a lunatic with all the stuff I was gathering. I got a Tiki mug, a Peter Pan mug, a Dvc mug, a Dvc sun hat, a tiki dress, a Tiki shirt for my husband (that he doesn't want) and a Pandora bracelet with 3 charms. The charms are DVC, Pirate's of the Caribbean and the Hat box ghost. When they were ringing me up, I saw a mint tin and threw that in because it was something that we always used to get back in the 1990s. I'm extremely happy with everything, but my husband doesn't like the way the sleeves fall on his shoulders on the shirt I bought him. So, now I have a men's XL tiki shirt that I don't know what to do with. I'm going back in August, but that's beyond the 30 day return policy.

My shopping bag was full and there was no reason to go to Downtown Disney. I wasn't quite hungry enough to get lunch, so I headed out to the freeway and was on my way home. I already have another weekend booked at VGC in August. My Magic key is blocked on one of the days, so I will use that day for the spa and hopefully some stuff in Downtown Disney. I don't have fun traveling solo anywhere else, but I always have a good time at Disneyland. It's truly my personal vacation home.View attachment 877973View attachment 877968View attachment 877969View attachment 877971View attachment 877972View attachment 877974View attachment 877975View attachment 877976View attachment 877977View attachment 877970
Nice finds! I love the tiki dress. Too bad your husband didn't like the shirt. It would have been so cute to match!

Sounds like a great weekend! Impressive that when you wanted to shop they actually had things you wanted to buy (know what I mean? haha). That dress is really cute.

Sounds like a great weekend! Impressive that when you wanted to shop they actually had things you wanted to buy (know what I mean? haha). That dress is really cute.
Yes, haha. I used to always find something that I wanted, but for the past few years, I haven't liked anything for the most part. It was great to see so many things that I liked.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest