• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Solo Typhoon Lagoon visit

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
I'm doing a solo(ish) trip in December. 10 nights, where I'll be mostly solo, but am meeting up with a Disfriend several times. I was going to do Universal for a day, but after looking at the cost ($220 for ticket plus uber) and fact that I don't like the rides or shows, so I'd basically be going for the parade and castle projections, I decided to cut it. But I think, depending on the weather, I may make an afternoon visit to Typhoon Lagoon (it's included with my AP).

Anyone done this and had tips? I'm totally ok with solo Disney trips, and also have done solo Hawaii trips, so I'm not worried about the swimming thing either. But some of the slides seem to be multi-party slides.

Crush n Gusher - Parties of 2. Do they require 2 or allow solo riders?
Gang Plank Falls, Miss Adventure Falls - Parties of 4; already says they would put you in a raft with other people if less than 4.
Humunga Kowabunga, Keelhaul Falls, Mayday Falls - no problem, single person

I'm doing a solo(ish) trip in December. 10 nights, where I'll be mostly solo, but am meeting up with a Disfriend several times. I was going to do Universal for a day, but after looking at the cost ($220 for ticket plus uber) and fact that I don't like the rides or shows, so I'd basically be going for the parade and castle projections, I decided to cut it. But I think, depending on the weather, I may make an afternoon visit to Typhoon Lagoon (it's included with my AP).

Anyone done this and had tips? I'm totally ok with solo Disney trips, and also have done solo Hawaii trips, so I'm not worried about the swimming thing either. But some of the slides seem to be multi-party slides.

Gang Plank Falls, Miss Adventure Falls - Parties of 4; already says they would put you in a raft with other people if less than 4.

I haven't done Typhoon Lagoon but I did Blizzard Beach and missed just two of the slides there. I really don't think you would have much of a problem at Typhoon Lagoon either to be honest, and be sure to take regular breaks during the day. Definitely take a pair of water shoes though, and a double seal waterproof pouch for your phone and debit cards(if not paying with magicband). You will definitely talk to people here and there, especially if you do the lazy river any.

Crush 'n Gusher has one of the slides for solos and two for duos. All the slides are slightly different, but you can get the experience.

On the 4 party rafts, they will try to find someone who will let you ride with them, but it just kind of depends. I mean, usually people are nice about it, but it's a matter of how comfortable they are and how comfortable you are with all that.

We usually go as a party of two, but we also went once when I was pregnant and so when it came to the rides, my hubby was solo. He had no problems getting on the slides. Most of the two people slides allow for a single rider, and if for whatever reason there was a problem, the cast members were always totally accommodating!

I did TL solo last April and loved it. So much fun I went back a few days later for another day there. So easy to navigate around the park. The slides are very cool and the lazy pool is very fun and relaxing to boot. I think you will be fine. I did notice a few other people who were solo as well while in line just talking with them. One woman said her b/f didn't want to come and another was a local in town and said they don't mind coming solo. I also have to say the CM's were very nice too and helped me in deciding on some rides. You will love it, go for it!

My favorites are Crush & Gusher, the storm slides (I could go on these all day), and just going around the lazy river. This is my list solo or not since I don't really like the raft slides other than C&G.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter