Solo Trip Countdown 7 Days

Disneylover1970

Mouseketeer
My solo trip countdown is 7 days. I’ll be there for 9 days, my hobby is photograph, I plan to resort hop some to get some photos of the various decorations too. I’m kind of worried about the weather and what to bring. I’m from the Midwest and I’ll probably pack a little of everything- a couple long pants, shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirts. I’m hoping to get away with shorts and a sweatshirt. I don’t have any ADR made, I think I’ll just do QS. I’m going to MVMCP one of the nights. Any advice for this solo traveler?

Layers! The weather is somewhat unpredictable but if you check the forecast before you go it may help. We were in Orlando last weekend and it was cool and windy at times. At night I had on a fleece jacket and my rain jacket/shell. In Dec 2014 I wished I had gloves with me. Other than that, have fun. Read the MVMCP thread on the Theme Parks forum for party tips. There's lots of good info. I was there solo and enjoy the festive atmosphere. There is a fenced in 'grassy' area in front of Caseys/Crystal Palace that is a good place to watch the fireworks if it is not reserved for a private event. There was space in there right up to fireworks time.

Layers! The weather is somewhat unpredictable but if you check the forecast before you go it may help. We were in Orlando last weekend and it was cool and windy at times. At night I had on a fleece jacket and my rain jacket/shell. In Dec 2014 I wished I had gloves with me. Other than that, have fun. Read the MVMCP thread on the Theme Parks forum for party tips. There's lots of good info. I was there solo and enjoy the festive atmosphere. There is a fenced in 'grassy' area in front of Caseys/Crystal Palace that is a good place to watch the fireworks if it is not reserved for a private event. There was space in there right up to fireworks time.
Thank you. Were you able to wear shorts or capris or need long pants? I’ll throw in a fleece and ive got a rain jacket/shell that folds into its own pocket Or else I have a down jacket that rolls up into a bag. I’ll check out the MVMCP thread.

I agree with layers, or to just bring one of everything. I'm leaving on the 29th and based on my other solo Christmas trips, it can be 85 & blazing hot during the day (compared to winter everywhere else) and 50 with rain & wind at night. I'm flying spirit/frontier so I'm bringing a pair of jeans & a pair of leggings, a hoodie, a few tshirts, and a long sleeve shirt. I won't overheat in leggings but the hoodie + long sleeves will keep me warm enough at night. It's funny because 50s doesn't sound that cold in the winter until you're outside for hours in it. I also agree about gloves, one year I had to buy gloves & hat & scarf in AK because it was wayyyy colder than I'd anticipated. You mentioned resort hopping which is one of my favorite solo xmas activities. I love getting a cup of mulled wine at GF & listening to the orchestra play Christmas music!

I'm looking at the forecast for next week (Going to be there from the Nov 30-Dec 8). It looks like it could be fairly brisk in the morning & night (Lows ranging from high 40s to low 60s). For me that's long pants and long shirt weather but that might be warm enough for you for shorts depending on where you're from XD. Also, highs are ranging from Low 60s to low 80s.

Thank you. I’m from Michigan, its In the 30s here❄️☃️. I’m going to bring a little of everything, couple pants, hoodies, short and long sleeve tees, this should cover the flctuations of temperature. I definitely bringing a hat and gloves.

im looking forward to all the decorations. I did one other solo trip, but I felt like I was rushing around. This time I’m going to slow down. I didn’t make any ADR, I want to try more snacks this time.

We went the week after Thanksgiving last year and I almost didn’t bring any hoodies or pants, thinking I’d be fine with just t-shirts and shorts. To say I would have regretted it would be an understatement. It was around 45 three days in a row, but it felt much colder. Especially in the morning when it was cloudy and windy.

It sounds like you’re going to be prepared. Have fun!

We went the week after Thanksgiving last year and I almost didn’t bring any hoodies or pants, thinking I’d be fine with just t-shirts and shorts. To say I would have regretted it would be an understatement. It was around 45 three days in a row, but it felt much colder. Especially in the morning when it was cloudy and windy.

It sounds like you’re going to be prepared. Have fun!

thank you. I have packed a couple pairs of pants, couple hoodies, shorts, t-shirts. I have a shell(packs into a pocket),hat and gloves. I think I’m prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter