• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

solo rider in Star Wars land

edhmom

DIS Veteran
I will be in the parks on Sunday and Monday with my daughter. I'm not sure if we will be riding double or solo and doing rider swap with our service dog. What is the consensus of the two rides as either a solo or double rider? Trying to figure out if we should try for the rides or just wait until June when we will be back as a family of 5.

I dont know how much if at all that will effect ROTR. I would still try to do it solo. For Smugglers run the way they have it set up and the way the ride works I think solo would be difficult, but you could still do it. They have seats for 4 in the ride and each seat has a different job. I dont know, but I would guess they wont be combining groups with that ride so you may end up being alone. Others may know more than I do on how that ride would work as a solo rider.

I dont know how much if at all that will effect ROTR. I would still try to do it solo. For Smugglers run the way they have it set up and the way the ride works I think solo would be difficult, but you could still do it. They have seats for 4 in the ride and each seat has a different job. I dont know, but I would guess they wont be combining groups with that ride so you may end up being alone. Others may know more than I do on how that ride would work as a solo rider.

The jobs for the unoccupied seats are automated, so technically you can get a higher score as a solo rider than you can with a full vehicle. :goodvibes

If its anything similar to WDW, you will have your own vehicle for smugglers whether you're solo or 2 ppl. Whatever job that doesn't have a person will be automated. As for ROTR, they did have a plexiglass up and I think at Dland too now as well so you will just have your own row whether you're solo or 2 ppl. I did get the entire car to myself once but I think it was earlier in the day when it wasn't as crowded.

Honestly, I can't think of any ride that I'd NOT want to ride solo. Especially now when there is no risk that a stranger will be sitting right next to you. I have little kids so I usually ride solo or not at all! Piloting the Millennium Falcon by myself sounds pretty freaking awesome!

Thanks. I just keep hearing about the different "roles" and wondered if it would be less exciting to do it by myself. I'm thinking we'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Thanks. I just keep hearing about the different "roles" and wondered if it would be less exciting to do it by myself. I'm thinking we'll give it a shot and see what happens.

It depends on what kind of ride experience you are hoping for. Some people only want to be a pilot and have the most control over the ride experience, in which case being the only one might be great because you will be the pilot. I would say go and give it a try. If you are dissapointed, hopefully you will be able to go back when things are closer to what they were before and ride again.

I am excited to ride smugglers run with a less than full car. The times I got to ride last year the people who were riding with me had no interest in actually paying attention to their job. They wanted to just sit there and watch and they were the pilots so it was a little frustrating for me and DD who actually wanted to pilot the darn thing. We rode 3 or 4 times and never got to pilot. So with just 3 of us going in June for 4 days we should be able to ride enough times for all of us to get to be pilots and not worry about anyone who isn’t as interested in participating as we are.

You can ride solo if the other person doesn't mind waiting outside. It also really depends on how they control the lines for social distancing.

I generally advise people to avoid using single rider on Smugglers Run because then you'd almost always be put as an Engineer which is the least fun job for beginners. So even if you are going on the ride by yourself, you should wait in the regular line. But if they're giving each group their own room for social distancing, it would actually be super cool to pilot the Falcon alone.

You can ride solo if the other person doesn't mind waiting outside. It also really depends on how they control the lines for social distancing.

I generally advise people to avoid using single rider on Smugglers Run because then you'd almost always be put as an Engineer which is the least fun job for beginners. So even if you are going on the ride by yourself, you should wait in the regular line. But if they're giving each group their own room for social distancing, it would actually be super cool to pilot the Falcon alone.

Yea sounds like good advice. But right now single rider isnt an option. Probably wont be till social distancing isnt being enforced I would guess.

Honestly, I can't think of any ride that I'd NOT want to ride solo. Especially now when there is no risk that a stranger will be sitting right next to you. I have little kids so I usually ride solo or not at all! Piloting the Millennium Falcon by myself sounds pretty freaking awesome!
Right?! In the Before Times I was often at the parks solo and didn't mind it one bit. Getting the Falcon to myself sounds like a dream!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter