Solo at bar of signature restaurants- advice

nycdisneygal

I went ahead and signed up for another kid!
First solo trip! I did make ADRs for 1 but for citricos and flying fish I thought eating at bar would be fun. DO i just show up at opening and hope for best? Excited!! I made ADRs at BOG, Tusker house, the new japanese place and Monsiour Paul! Cant wait!

First solo trip! I did make ADRs for 1 but for citricos and flying fish I thought eating at bar would be fun. DO i just show up at opening and hope for best? Excited!! I made ADRs at BOG, Tusker house, the new japanese place and Monsiour Paul! Cant wait!
Yes, should be fine. At CA Grill they tried to move me to the bar when I'd reserved a table. Normally I'd be ok with it but that evening I wanted the regular experience.

Yes, should be fine. At CA Grill they tried to move me to the bar when I'd reserved a table. Normally I'd be ok with it but that evening I wanted the regular experience.
I've had this happen a couple of times as a solo - Disney asking me if I wanted to be seated at the bar. If I booked an ADR, the answer to that is no or I wouldn't have booked an ADR! I personally wish they wouldn't do that. Feels insulting - "you aren't good enough" for us to waste a table on.

I've had this happen a couple of times as a solo - Disney asking me if I wanted to be seated at the bar. If I booked an ADR, the answer to that is no or I wouldn't have booked an ADR! I personally wish they wouldn't do that. Feels insulting - "you aren't good enough" for us to waste a table on.
Possibly. It’s also possible that they may be suggesting it since some aren’t aware that it is an option

Oh, they let it be known at Shula's on my birthday no less. I've had better service at Chili's!

Possibly. It’s also possible that they may be suggesting it since some aren’t aware that it is an option

Yeah, I mean, I don't think there's anything wrong with asking, as long as they aren't pushing. Some people might prefer it. I wouldn't, so as long as they are fine with that, then it's not a huge deal. The attitude of the asker is everything though.

The bar at both is much better than a table…
Actually, I will sit at the bar when it it just two of us almost everywhere …..

Way better service….

If you go to Mori Moto s the up stairs bar is pretty amazing, same for the wine bar by George, and the outside bar at the boat house

Personally I prefer the bar on a solo trip - you can at least interact with the bar tender if not the folks next to you

Even better I would rarely need a reservation

Did that at Oga's. Was kinda different with both them and I being 'in character' so to speak. A would have found sitting at a little table or booth there boring.

My advice is do it. I usually stop by the host stand so they don't think I'm just walking in and seating myself, but eating at the bar is an amazing tip for solos or pairs who couldn't get all the ADRs they wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter