Soda Fountain Machine - Fantasy

Forever Disney Girl

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been on the Fantasy recently? Are the soda fountain machines self serve, or is there an attendant?

We went on the Wish last year and both Castaway and onboard sod machines were handled by a crew member.

thank you

Has anyone been on the Fantasy recently? Are the soda fountain machines self serve, or is there an attendant?

We went on the Wish last year and both Castaway and onboard sod machines were handled by a crew member.

thank you
I expect there was a Norovirus concern - or guests messing with machines in those instances.

On 4 DCL cruises since Sep 2021 - only once did I get served at self-serve stations. I think it was the Sep 2021 reduced capacity / Covid restrictions cruise.

Something to remember: the Wish was designed and built during COVID. so a lot of things were designed to be health-conscious. like the no-touch elevator buttons, the soft serve not being self-serve... Maybe that will change with future ship designs? But after Covid everything has changed.

Something to remember: the Wish was designed and built during COVID. so a lot of things were designed to be health-conscious. like the no-touch elevator buttons, the soft serve not being self-serve... Maybe that will change with future ship designs? But after Covid everything has changed.

The Wiah was designed well before Covid. Any Covid-era changes were minor and can easily be changed - like they did when they went from touchless elevators to standard buttons last year.

Dream/Fantasy have long had an ice cream attendant at times well before COVID. On some ships, Royal changed to an attendant as well — well before COVID. Many neighborhood buffets added attendants to self-service ice cream. My educated guess is that it has a lot more to do with food waste — kids love playing with the ice cream for starters - than anything else. Carnival use to have ice cream 24-hours then cut it to peak day saying it was the most wasted food on the ship.

There must have been a health concern, as the Wish cruise I went on didn't have any attendants for the soda machines.
Yeah it happens from time to time. I’m still waiting for DCL to implement Coke Freestyle machines. I’ve also been asking for Powerade for years. They have it on CC.

We’ve sailed 10 times since Covid - with 8 of those sailings on the fantasy. Not counting the cruises with Covid protocols, only one fantasy sailing has had attendants at the ice cream machine. And it was a sailing this year - there must have been a noro outbreak.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest