Soarin' Around the World chance for June 6?

MAGICX2

DIS Veteran
I will be on a solo trip for the first time June 5-10. Was hoping to do the Soarin Around the World on June 6, but called today and no availability. Has anyone had any luck with spots opening up due to cancellation? I asked if I could go to location where the group meets that morning to see if there were any no shows and was told that yes I could. Anyone ever tried this?

I don't doubt cancellations happen but I don't have confidence in the DVC system they use to accurately show that plus I would guess most don't cancel and that they just don't show up.

I’d keep trying. There probably are some no-shows but without your name on “the list” I’m not sure how you’d get in pre-park-opening to check. It looks like Epcot opens at 9 that day and no EMH.

5 - 6 trips a year since it started, have yet to snag spot for 2 pp despite calling on first day we are eligible. We are due lol

If anyone is going to California, it's much easier out there. It's 60 days and with only a small number of DVC rooms, I had no problem getting 3 spots. The cm said she just booked one for 2 weeks out. We enjoyed the tour.

just called as well, no availability for Sept. The lady said they are only small groups of 20, and once a week. Really disappointing.

I am taking a solo trip in Nov and called 2 days after the 180 book date for the Soarin tour on Nov 7 and no luck for 1 person! (unfortunately, that's when I realized this even existed)
I have called back periodically for cancellations and no luck.
I asked about a waiting list and they said no, just have to keep calling!

The only time I was able to go is when my friend booked it on his 180 day mark for first day of trip so that would have been 180 +5. He called to book the Sleepy Hollow event at Ft Wilderness last year and asked about the Soarin tour at the same time and MS booked it for him.

I have called at 180+10 (so 190 days out) two years in a row and was told they were already booked up, so I am not completely confident in their availability system’s accuracy.

Are tours included in the 180 +10? I thought they were strictly 180. Did the CM say anything specific about that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter