"So you're looking for a laughing place, eh? We'll show you a laughing place!"

JennaDeeDooDah

My oh my what a wonderful day!
Let's try a positive thread today. I'm sure that we all have that one special place in the parks that just gives us the warm fuzzies. What's your's? Do you have one for each park or just for one special park? Do you have one at the resorts, water parks, Downtown Disney, etc? Let's hear 'em!

Magic Kingdom: I love the turtle scene in Splash Mountain!

Epcot: On Maelstrom, as I am climbing the first hill and I hear, "Yew are not the first to pass this vey."

Hollywood Studios: So hard! One is definitely sitting on Commissary Blvd listening to the old theme songs and people watching, but I also really love the queue for Great Movie Ride with the props and the movie trailers.

Extra: I love sitting inside Riverside Mill Food Court at POR when they start singing, "It's time to clap our hands *clap clap* here at the Riverside! *Clap clap* Here at the Riverside! *Clap clap* Here at the Riverside!"

What is/are your laughing place(es)?

Ohhh man how do I even CHOOSE?! lol

Going up the final lift hill for Splash definitely gives me butterflies. The Welcome show at MK never fails to make me cry. I LOVE the queue in ToT. Man, those are just a few but I have SO many. lol

Hands down, Splash Mountain is my favorite place. I'm bummed it's going to be closed on our next trip. :mad:

JennaDeeDooDah said:
Let's try a positive thread today. I'm sure that we all have that one special place in the parks that just gives us the warm fuzzies. What's your's? Do you have one for each park or just for one special park? Do you have one at the resorts, water parks, Downtown Disney, etc? Let's hear 'em!

Magic Kingdom: I love the turtle scene in Splash Mountain!

Epcot: On Maelstrom, as I am climbing the first hill and I hear, "Yew are not the first to pass this vey."

Hollywood Studios: So hard! One is definitely sitting on Commissary Blvd listening to the old theme songs and people watching, but I also really love the queue for Great Movie Ride with the props and the movie trailers.

Extra: I love sitting inside Riverside Mill Food Court at POR when they start singing, "It's time to clap our hands *clap clap* here at the Riverside! *Clap clap* Here at the Riverside! *Clap clap* Here at the Riverside!"

What is/are your laughing place(es)?

You picked two of mine! I live the cavern room in Splash and the Viking at the start of Maelstrom.

I also love:
The moment just before you come out of the train tunnel at MK and onto main street...

The star tunnel on the space mountain queue.

The too drums in adventure land.

Standing along the waterfront in frontier land.

Hearing the March of the cards theme while waiting for the tea cups.

Anywhere in Epcot!

In Magic Kingdom “But Papa! All these people. I'm . . .I'm indecent"

The walk between Africa and Asia in AK.

The sight of the dragon rising and green flames on the water during Fantasmic at HS.

The fountain show & music at EP.

Watching the Tremaines wander Fantasyland in MK.

Love this kind of thread, thank you for asking....

Magic Kingdom-can I just claim the whole darn place? I mean I love Splash, but then there's the Castle, I've never stepped foot in MK without riding HM, but if I have to choose just one I'm going to go with CoP. I got to go only one time as a child and that was with my dear Grandfather, I so distinctly remember sitting with him and watching and trying to figure out if that darn dog was real or not. It just holds such a special spot in my heart.

Epcot-I could watch the fountain forever I think. Oh and can't forget our traditional strawberry shortcake for breakfast at Sunshine Seasons every trip-so yummy!

We start every trip with dinner at Chef Mickey's-riding the monorail, hugging Mickey and Goofy-it just sets the tone for the whole trip.

:goodvibes

Hands down, Splash Mountain is my favorite place. I'm bummed it's going to be closed on our next trip. :mad:
Ha! You sound like us. I love Splash Mountain and so I am always playing the music from our Four Parks One World CD. Well, my three-year-old has fallen in love with the ride and has talked about how she has to eat her vegetables and drink her milk so she will be tall enough to "help Brair Rabbit and ride Splash Mountain!" She was tall enough in January, but the ride was down. Now, we have completely rescheduled our trip next year just so we can ride Splash.

The walk between Africa and Asia in AK.

The sight of the dragon rising and green flames on the water during Fantasmic at HS.

The fountain show & music at EP.

Watching the Tremaines wander Fantasyland in MK.
I love the very beginning of Fantasmic when it is all dark, the music starts and then BAM spotlight on Mickey.:goodvibes

Oh thats hard b/c I am just in love with everything in WDW..lol It starts when we hit the Main gate sign and ends when we are leaving that sign..lol

I will say I adore Epcot but MK and the site of the castle and the music on Main St makes me teary eyed every single time and thats 20+ trips

First off, LOVE the positive, thread, I stopped coming to DIS for a bit because I felt like everything just turned so negative at times. You really made me stop to think and I realized it brought a very warm smile to my face so here we go:

Magic Kingdom. I love hearing the music to the Haunted Mansion, right before you walk through the doors into the building, can’t help but get goose bumps each and every time. Something about that organ music that makes me smile. I even was smiling at the movie the other day when I was watching it. There are so many things in this park that do make me smile but I also LOVE the Good morning song when we are standing there waiting, how can you not be happy when you are waiting to get into one of the greatest places in the world!

Hollywood studies. I have noticed that I love walking in doors at places. I love walking into the lobby at the ToT, the smell, the coolness, the everything here, I could just stand in the door way and take it in for several minutes. I also LOVE sitting on Sunset Blvd people watching. That really makes me happy to just be chilling when so many people are hurrying somewhere I do not have to be!

EPCOT, I love being in The Land food court. Not necessarily eating, but just in there, love the atmosphere and the hustle and bustle that is going on all around you, really does make me smile.

Animal Kingdom. I had to really think about this one for a bit. I do like several things there but I love the area where you are walking through Expedition Everest Queue and all that stuff is around you. Namaste

Blizzard Beach. My happy place here is standing at the Top of Mountain, after the ski lift and before you get in line at the family raft ride. To look out over everything, with the sun on you, a breeze whipping around you and knowing that you are with your family waiting to partake on a fun downhill ride, that brings the biggest smile to my face!

Love this kind of thread, thank you for asking....

Magic Kingdom-can I just claim the whole darn place? I mean I love Splash, but then there's the Castle, I've never stepped foot in MK without riding HM, but if I have to choose just one I'm going to go with CoP. I got to go only one time as a child and that was with my dear Grandfather, I so distinctly remember sitting with him and watching and trying to figure out if that darn dog was real or not. It just holds such a special spot in my heart.

Epcot-I could watch the fountain forever I think. Oh and can't forget our traditional strawberry shortcake for breakfast at Sunshine Seasons every trip-so yummy!

We start every trip with dinner at Chef Mickey's-riding the monorail, hugging Mickey and Goofy-it just sets the tone for the whole trip.

:goodvibes

I love Carousel of Progress, too. I sit there and think about which era I would most want to live in if given the chance. And you're right, that dog is very lifelike. I have heard a lot of people believed it was real.

We always go to a park on our first day, but it looks like we will be breaking with tradition on our next trip and are choosing between Chef Mickey's and Mickey's Backyard Barbecue. I think you are right that hugging Mickey, Goofy, and the gang will set the right tone for the vacation.:goodvibes

Something else I love is that I manage to find something new I hadn't seen in any of my past trips. The last trip I took, I managed to catch the Madam Leota tombstone blinking! I had NO idea it even did that.

Oh my, this is hard. There are so many things that put a smile on my face.

I love the buzzards as you go up to the final drop on Splash. Being in the front car on Expedition Everest looking out at all the parks for that brief moment before your car shoots backward. The hidden trails around tree of life. The fountain show at Epcot. When the music first pipes in for Illuminations. Having a snack and watching people walk by with huge smiles on their faces at any of the parks. 50's PTC, especially if you get a server who is in character. So, so many others!!!!!

MK ~ Main Street ~ Chokes me up every time. :cloud9:

AK ~ FOTLK ~ Going to have to get used to a new location, eeekk. :(

EPCOT ~ Walking World Showcase :lovestruc And Living with the Land

HS ~ ToT, yes, really. Everything about it from beginning to end.

But just being anywhere ON property is enough for me...it's a constant high really.

Eating Napoleon pastry at the French Bakery in Epcot.

Eating Baklava while watching Illuminations

Riding BTMRR at night.

Riding Mission Space Orange three times in a row while the CMs look at me like I'm crazy. Then going to the kiosk for a beer. (We did this on our last trip and pretty much anyone paying attention had a dropped-jaw, stunned look on their face) We laughed like 12 year-olds.

When I walk into Adventureland and hear the jungle drums.

The Tomorrowland People mover spiel.

The Star Wars theme as I near the Star Tours ride in DHS.

The first view of Spaceship Earth. :thumbsup2

Great thread!
When I first drive through the purple main gate, then the best feeling is when I complete check-in and enter my room.
M.K. has so many but I love the opening show at the train station and the Kiss goodnight at the end of a day
Epcot Illuminations
H.S. The great movie ride
A.K. Later in the day when the crowds have left or are in other sections of the park The Oasis exhibits
And all the things in between!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter