So...how much wieght did you gain?

nurseypoo5

Better late then never!!!! Right Mickster?!
hehehehe

Seriously, I'm hitting low carb with a vengence and plan on losing 40lbs atleast by Sept 28th. Then i plan on putting ATLEAST 10lbs back during my 2 weeks (8 nights on the DDP). :lmao:

Just call me a yoyo :)

With all that walking and the heat i'm not too worried about it. The HOT fl sun makes me not want to eat. I'm also planning to eat a big lunch and dinner and then i wont want to snack through the day. I'm going to use my SC's on water and not ice cream! (okay, i'll have one...errr... two ice creams :rolleyes1 )

I thought I would gain weight using the DP last fall, but the walking balanced me out and I actually lost 5 lbs. The heat kept us from wanting snacks, so 2 meals a day were all we needed. And yes, I did eat all my desserts :teeth:

No weight gain for me either while on the dining plan last June. While I don't usually eat that much food at home, even with 4 kids I don't walk a thousand miles a day in the blazing sun!!! :sunny:

so..the trick is sweating and walking. I can do that there...but eww to doing it hear, i hate to sweat LOL

I think my metabolism is slowing down! I gained 5 pounds during my August 05 trip, and even though I'm working out more since, I can't lose it! I don't care though, I love the food at Disney and am going to enjoy it all again this August!
Have a blast!

I think it was all the extra walking. We ate a ton, and were there 14 days, and I was totally shocked that I came home the same weight I left! The trouble came afterwards... when we got home I was in the habit of eating more, was craving sweets, etc. but not so active, so I did gain a couple pounds in the few weeks after our trip.

How lucky not to have gained weight. Last year we had the DDP for 8 nights and even with sharing all my TS with my son and not eating all the CS I gained 12 lbs. My husband gained 5 lbs. I took a pedometer and walked between 7 and 12 miles a day and I walk fast too. I think my problem was that I had been dieting for over a year before we went, I ride my bike 6 miles a day every day, and I have hypothyroidism. My motabolism is shot.

Angela

I had just lost 32 pounds on Weight Watchers between 1/1/06 and 4/22/06. We were at Disney on the DDP from 4/23/06 - 4/29/06. I regained 7 pounds even though we hauled through the parks for 5 days sunup to closing time!

I gained 2.5 lbs, alot less than I expected, but I figure the zillion miles I walked must have offset the huge amount of food I ate.

We did ddp for 5 days and DH and I didn't gain - but we've never walked so much. Also, we tried to choose healthy options for our CS lunches and although we ordered desserts and appetizers for dinner, we just tried a little of each-DD14 would always finish them, and she has frustratingly high metabolism. I love DDP - great way to try out all kinds of different food. I would say we did try to avoid buffets - don't think they're the best value for DDP, or the best food, and too much temptation to overeat!

I gained 6 lbs on our last trip for Christmas!! I am planning on doing it again this September also:)

I actually hit my ww goal that week I got back!! And lost 1 pound that week on the DP...

just eat what you want and be satisfied but don't GORGE yourself...because I don't know about you but 6 pounds like some are saying, is a whole SIZE for me, I am 5'2....

remember to drink your waters to help you out with loss and feeling full so as not to stuff yourself sick. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted it, in moderation...NO NOT MEASURING but just not PIGGING out all the time. PLUS I would do laps in the pool, run the walkways at the Poly late at night, and do situps at night before bed. That was it.

If you are serious about loosing and keeping it off then I would suggest you do a low cal/high exercise week before and after the trip...this is just my advice after loosing nearly 40 pounds and going from a sz 14 to 6...and NO amnt of Dole Whip would make me happy enough to go back to that again...but having fun and enjoying your food and desserts at WDW is totally fine. Just be prepared to work it off if need be when you return

I would also say that if you ARE NOT used to walking or exercising you would probably loose a bit more that week just but giving yourself more activity from walking. If you are already a walker/runner than the park trek is probably not going to make a huge difference.

OK there I go spouting off again sorry

probably more than you wanted to know...

have fun and enjoy all the world has to offer!!

MOMOFMNM said:
I actually hit my ww goal that week I got back!! And lost 1 pound that week on the DP...

just eat what you want and be satisfied but don't GORGE yourself...because I don't know about you but 6 pounds like some are saying, is a whole SIZE for me, I am 5'2....

remember to drink your waters to help you out with loss and feeling full so as not to stuff yourself sick. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted it, in moderation...NO NOT MEASURING but just not PIGGING out all the time. PLUS I would do laps in the pool, run the walkways at the Poly late at night, and do situps at night before bed. That was it.

If you are serious about loosing and keeping it off then I would suggest you do a low cal/high exercise week before and after the trip...this is just my advice after loosing nearly 40 pounds and going from a sz 14 to 6...and NO amnt of Dole Whip would make me happy enough to go back to that again...but having fun and enjoying your food and desserts at WDW is totally fine. Just be prepared to work it off if need be when you return

I would also say that if you ARE NOT used to walking or exercising you would probably loose a bit more that week just but giving yourself more activity from walking. If you are already a walker/runner than the park trek is probably not going to make a huge difference.

OK there I go spouting off again sorry

probably more than you wanted to know...

have fun and enjoy all the world has to offer!!

Ive actually wieghed at one time 280lbs. I lost 100lbs, I lost it all on Low Carb.

Doing that now, as I have gained about 30lbs back :( My goal this time is to go less than i was at my low wieght, but I'm over 40, 5'8" and would be jumping for joy at hitting 170! (should be 12 or so at that wieght, maybe a loose 14)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter