So confused about Disneyland Paris Add-on!!!

Wonders10

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Well the next adventure I am really interested in doing is Knights and Lights - of course that is totally dependent on my purse strings, which are pretty tight at the moment!

I would really love to hit Disneyland Paris while I'm there. I've been reading about the add-on, but to be honest it seems like everyone has gotten something different. So, let's just say that tomorrow I want to book an add-on with ABD for Disneyland Paris, what would be included?

Thanks!

wonders10 - I can't tell you anything about DLRP as an add-on to the ABD. However, DD and I spent a lovely week in Paris last month on our own, and went out to DLRP for a day. I can tell you that it was super-easy to do that.

It sounds like you are looking more for a "how would it work with ABD" answer, which I can't help you with. But if you want to know anything about our experience, ask away.

My DH and I spent a couple of days at DLP 2 years ago. We had a FABULOUS time. We found that when we stopped at a tourism office in Paris, they had a special running that allowed us to stay at the hotel that you walk under to enter the park (can't remember the name) at a greatly reduced rate. I can't remember what we paid but it was far cheaper than wdw rates and the hotel was on par with the Grand Floridian. Twenty steps from the door to our room and we were in the park. We loved our time there. It was so fun seeing the rides we love with the french twist. (Space Mountain is AWESOME!!) I would suggest that you make time for this no matter what is included. You will be so glad you did. :thumbsup2

Well the next adventure I am really interested in doing is Knights and Lights - of course that is totally dependent on my purse strings, which are pretty tight at the moment!

I would really love to hit Disneyland Paris while I'm there. I've been reading about the add-on, but to be honest it seems like everyone has gotten something different. So, let's just say that tomorrow I want to book an add-on with ABD for Disneyland Paris, what would be included?

Hi Wonders10,
Have you looked at the FAQ's for your Knights and Lights Adventure? I believe adding on nights to DLP is one of the questions answered and I also believe you can book the add-on stay through the Disney Concierge. They should provide you with all of your options for an add-on.

I have been told that you must stay at least two nights following your ABD for this to be considered an add-on and Disney will provide the transfer from Paris to your resort at DLP if you book this.

Now, having said this, I don't know if booking this comes off as smoothly as ABD states. My husband and I want to do Provence to Paris next June with a two night stay at the DLP resort. We plan to book this when we book our Adventure if the arrangements and options are satisfactory.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions...as best you can ;)

As much as I would love to be doing it next summer, I really do not think it will be in the budget, but it is something I am seriously considering for the future, assuming it will still be offered when that time comes. It seems like it definitely includes a disneyland hotel and park tickets, as well as your transportation to the airport. And I'm hoping it includes direct transport from paris to DLP. Just makes things easier IMO.

Thanks everyone...I'll be researching in more detail if and when the time comes to book another ABD. I'm still on my Ireland-high!

We did the add-on last year (Sep 09) and it was absolutely worth it.

We booked it via AbD and had our choice of 3 hotels (I think). We picked the Disneyland hotel, I think that's what it was called. It was the most expensive of the 3 but it's the one that is right at the entrance to the Parc. We were not budget worried but for those who might be, I'd save and go with one of the less expensive hotels offered as they are all pretty close (not spread out like at WDW).

On the morning of our last day in Paris, those of us on the tour with the addon were put on a bus and transferred to DLRP. There were 5 couples (we were on an adults only tour), 4 were staying at the Disneyland Hotel and one was staying at Sequoia (I think).

We checked into the hotel and got our VIP Fastpasses (included in the package) and they took our luggage. We immediately went to the parks. The VIP fastpasses were a great perk although there are not as many rides at DLRP that have fastpasses. It sure saved us plenty of time for Space Mtn though!

When we returned that evening, our luggage was in our room along with a tub of beverages and flowers! Our package did include breakfast at the hotel but no other meals. I had called prior to our trip and made ADR's for our meals there, including the princess lunch which turned out to be the best food of the entire trip and the character interaction was much better than what we've experienced at WDW.

On the first day there, we were given the time to meet our driver for transfer from DLRP back to Charles DeGaulle.on our final morning. Everyone was leaving at different times so that's why there was a private car; we were the first of the couples to be leaving. The driver and tip were included in the package. We were taken back to the airport and dropped off out front. It turned out we barely had time to get through check in and security and we walked right onto the plane without ever sitting down.

I would skip spending money elsewhere to go to DLRP; I thought it was one of the best parts of the trip.

We did the add-on last year (Sep 09) and it was absolutely worth it.

We booked it via AbD and had our choice of 3 hotels (I think). We picked the Disneyland hotel, I think that's what it was called. It was the most expensive of the 3 but it's the one that is right at the entrance to the Parc. We were not budget worried but for those who might be, I'd save and go with one of the less expensive hotels offered as they are all pretty close (not spread out like at WDW).

On the morning of our last day in Paris, those of us on the tour with the addon were put on a bus and transferred to DLRP. There were 5 couples (we were on an adults only tour), 4 were staying at the Disneyland Hotel and one was staying at Sequoia (I think).

We checked into the hotel and got our VIP Fastpasses (included in the package) and they took our luggage. We immediately went to the parks. The VIP fastpasses were a great perk although there are not as many rides at DLRP that have fastpasses. It sure saved us plenty of time for Space Mtn though!

When we returned that evening, our luggage was in our room along with a tub of beverages and flowers! Our package did include breakfast at the hotel but no other meals. I had called prior to our trip and made ADR's for our meals there, including the princess lunch which turned out to be the best food of the entire trip and the character interaction was much better than what we've experienced at WDW.

On the first day there, we were given the time to meet our driver for transfer from DLRP back to Charles DeGaulle.on our final morning. Everyone was leaving at different times so that's why there was a private car; we were the first of the couples to be leaving. The driver and tip were included in the package. We were taken back to the airport and dropped off out front. It turned out we barely had time to get through check in and security and we walked right onto the plane without ever sitting down.

I would skip spending money elsewhere to go to DLRP; I thought it was one of the best parts of the trip.

Thank you so much for your answer! That was exactly what I wanted to hear! Of course, now it makes me say "budget smudget" and do knights and lights next summer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter