Snake in Resort Room?

I know this is sort of OT, but has anyone ever seen any snakes on the jogging trails at Wilderness Lodge? I can't get this image of me running and tripping over a giant snake out of my head.

I should have never clicked on this thread. I am terrified of snakes. TERRIFIED! We had a tiny little snake (seriously, it was like a long worm) come in our house once and I sat on the counter and cried until my neighbor came over and her 7 yr old son took it outside. They still laugh at me because of that but anytime I see anything that even resembles a snake my heart speeds up.

OMG NOW I will not rest while we're there! I'm going to be staying at CBR may 1-7 and snakes will be on the brain constantly...:crazy2:

We saw tiny little lizards on the sidewalks at CSR last year. Never in the room!

OMG, i was just talking to a friend that was there last week staying at All Stars and heard a noise under the bed. it turned out to be a 4 foot Cotton Mouth snake!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

OMG, i was just talking to a friend that was there last week staying at All Stars and heard a noise under the bed. it turned out to be a 4 foot Cotton Mouth snake!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

How on earth would you even get to it with the boards all around the bottom of the bed? Because you certainly can't look under the bed. Did they lift the mattresses and box spring to get to it? We had one in our pool area years ago. Tough one to remove because they are poisonous

I know the chances are extremely unlikely...but I called to add a note onto my file that I am deahtly afraid of snakes....

Now this will be on my mind constantly....

Good info to know to start paranoia though....

I know this is sort of OT, but has anyone ever seen any snakes on the jogging trails at Wilderness Lodge? I can't get this image of me running and tripping over a giant snake out of my head.

Yes. Sorry! haha. I saw one on the main walkway between the boat dock and the back entrance to the lobby by Artist Point at the end of the night. BUT it was just a little green guy, maybe 4-5 inches long, and he was just trying to quickly get over to the other patch of grass. I am afraid of snakes but he didn't concern me. I tried to keep an eye open at night after that but wasn't too worried!

I have no idea why I even opened and read this thread, now I am horrified at the thought that we want a ground floor room at POR! I am TERRIFIED of snakes, and I grew up in the backwoods with them as well.

On our last trip we saw a small (about a foot long) black snake at 3am on the YC walkway from their bus stop, that was enough to make my heart stop for a moment!

I'm glad I read some of this snake thread and it will keep me aware! :scared1: Will check my cabin thoroughly and not wander off too far from my menfolks. I figured we'd see some gators but forgot about snakes.

what floor were they on?

Doesn't matter. Snakes climb.

Here's the thing. Most beds have a wooden platform. Its not like you can just lift the duvet out of the way and look under the bed, so I don't know how they could have done it without lifting up the entire platform. Just saying.

There is no under the bed, they sit on wood platforms.

Doesn't matter. Snakes climb. Here's the thing. Most beds have a wooden platform. Its not like you can just lift the duvet out of the way and look under the bed, so I don't know how they could have done it without lifting up the entire platform. Just saying.
oh I know snakes climb was just wondering if it was ground floor. We like upper floors for view so. Not changing either way

I've seen lots of snakes at OKW, usually in the pool areas, but also on the walkways. Snakes are common all through the South in the spring and summer. I had a 12" to 14" grass snake in my kitchen here at home this morning, my cat was playing with it. I took it outside.

I am terrified of snakes. TERRIFIED. Even seeing pictures of them makes me freak out. It's bad.

I read this thread last year before our trip in September. I had been to Disney 6 times prior to that trip and had never seen a snake. In my head, snakes didn't even exist in Disney until I read this dang thread. I was convinced I would be attacked by snakes every turn I took down there. For months, I would tell my bf how scared I was about seeing a snake(s) down in Disney. He said, "you've never seen one before, just relax!)

So the trip came and so far so good, no snakes, as usual.

On our last night, we were at HS and on our way through the path to Fantasmic. I was walking, briskly, trying to get there to secure a good spot. My bf was trailing behind and I heard him yell to me, Woah! Come look how cool this is!" He said it with such delight and glee I thought it would surely be something fun and interesting. He was pointing over at the wall ledge where a tree was, and lo and behold, A SNAKE! :faint: A BIG 3 ft (?) ORANGEY, BLACK, SNAKE. I think that's what it looked like. I saw it and ran away so fast it could have really been any color.

I was so mad at him for the rest of night. He found it quite funny though :mad:

I agree with PP. It is bittersweet that I came across the thread. I saw one in May at SSR walking between the Grand Building headed to the lobby. It just slowly walked across the sidewalk about 3ft long and black. To say I was in shock is an understatement, and I don't why I never thought it would be possible to see a snake at Disney.

I saw one on the sidewalk at Wilderness Lodge and told the CM. they didn't seem worried and looked like it was a normal occurrence lol.

I've seen lots of snakes at OKW, usually in the pool areas, but also on the walkways. Snakes are common all through the South in the spring and summer. I had a 12" to 14" grass snake in my kitchen here at home this morning, my cat was playing with it. I took it outside.

:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter