Snake in Resort Room?

Oh, without a doubt, this is one of my all-time favorite threads!

Snakes in WDW is just wrong! It's like...picturing Winnie the Pooh with down-there boy parts. No! Wrong! :hyper: Or catching Snow White smoking a cigarette. No! Wrong! :sick:

Yes, these things are all part of the real world we live in, but Disney is all balloons, smiles, laughter, Dole Whips, and JOY! Sure it's partially a make-believe reality that feeds into my imagination but in my Joy-filled imagination, THERE ARE NO SNAKES! ANYWHERE! :bitelip:

I remember the first time I read a thread that revealed the ugly truth and I was literally shocked. My DH was all, "Of COURSE there are snakes in Disney World. What's wrong with you??"

And the guy who said there was a snake...in their bed??? Does he have any idea how horrifying that is? :eek:

I don't know why I always come back and read this this thread.

When we were at POR last February, there was a lizard in our bed. I was startled enough by the lizard, but I was mostly freaked out because I was thinking, "If HE can get in here, that means a SNAKE can get in here..." :scared1:

Here's our little lizard friend in the bed:
2czei9.jpg

But he's so cute! He probably came in when they were cleaning and had the door propped or had hopped on to their cleaning cart. I honestly believe a snake would be less likely to do that. They really are scaredy cats.
:thumbsup2

But he's so cute! He probably came in when they were cleaning and had the door propped or had hopped on to their cleaning cart. I honestly believe a snake would be less likely to do that. They really are scaredy cats.
:thumbsup2
I hope you're right!!

I was pushing our stroller up the ramp at Yacht Club this June around 9 pm. My 7-year-old yelled out STOP-- there was a 2-3' long snake (red/orange and black) stretched all the way across the sidewalk! We went up the steps and stopped at the bell services desk where my kids were really excited to share the news. They immediately got on the phone and somebody went outside immediately. We Googled Florida snakes back in our room and decided it was likely a harmless one, but it's made me totally unwilling to accept first floor rooms:-)

I was pushing our stroller up the ramp at Yacht Club this June around 9 pm. My 7-year-old yelled out STOP-- there was a 2-3' long snake (red/orange and black) stretched all the way across the sidewalk! We went up the steps and stopped at the bell services desk where my kids were really excited to share the news. They immediately got on the phone and somebody went outside immediately. We Googled Florida snakes back in our room and decided it was likely a harmless one, but it's made me totally unwilling to accept first floor rooms:-)

:love: I love snakes. I'm weird. That was probably a red rat or corn snake, colorful yet harmless and more afraid of you than you are of them. I know...hard to believe, right? I think there should be a SPIDER thread for WDW. Those suckers are huge, but at least they aren't this big:

http://www.hngn.com/articles/46462/20141020/goliath-bird-eating-spider-is-as-big-as-a-small-puppy-see-it.htm

Don't you feel better now about that lil' ole snake? :)

This is the BEST THREAD EVER!!!!:dance3: Is it wrong that I am more excited about seeing a snake or lizard in our room than getting a FP+ for 7DMT or BOG reservation!:lmao: We have a split stay - POR, WLV, & SSR - and all have reported snake sightings! Hopefully it will still be warm enough in January for them to be out and about!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter