• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snacking my way around the world 06/10-10/10

princess pooh

<font color=deeppink>I bet there's some jerk livin
I was so excited to be going to my first F&W fest. I looked up the different food offerings and planned out what I wanted to try. Then I finally get there and I had no appetite :rolleyes:. Oh well, I tried. I travelled with my mom who was usually happy to share with me. I'm just going to talk about the F&W stuff since I basically had a bagel for breakfast and a garden salad for dinner.

Paella from Valencia Spain - It was very good but I didn't eat the meat in it. I think it came with chicken, sausage, and some seafood. I love Paella and this didn't dissapoint! The hot guy from their gift shop even gave me a free chcolate to sample. I don't like chocolate but my mom said it was amazing.

Cheddar cheese soup from Canada - I've had it before and loved it! I even bought the recipe book so I could make it at home (I asked for it once at Le Cellier but It was supposed to serve 60 people or something!). I found it too heavy to finish so I gave the other half to my mom. She found it too salty and ended up throwing it away.

Maple glazed Salmon from Canada - I thought this would be too sweet for me but it really wasn't. I don't even like salmon that much but this was amazing! This is another dish I want to try at home. I wish I had gotten the ice wine but I didn't think it would do my headache much good.

Watermelon water from Mexico - It felt like I was drinking a watermelon. It was a little too sweet for my liking and I threw most of it away. Mom didn't like it either.

Tokyo Roll from Japan - I was craving sushi and this was okay. I think it's the same stuff they serve in their fast food restaurant.

Potato Leek soup from Ireland - I don't know what got into me to order soup on a scrorching hot day! Dbf loves this stuff and I think I was just missing him. It was quite good though. My mom also thought this was too salty but I think she just wasn't drinking enough water. It was pretty heavy so I only ate half again.

Warning...do not eat potato leek soup while you're walking. I ended up with soup in my hair, on my camera bag, and on my brand new very cute Bebe skirt! Grrrrr.

Torta Gianduja and Hazelnut Flourless chocolate cake from Piedmonth Italy - I know, I know...I'm the only idiot in the world who doesn't like chocolate. Yet I ordered two chocolate desserts! I deserve a big eyeroll for that one. My mom loved them though. That she finished without a problem.

There were so many other things I wanted to try...The lemon chicken in Morroco, the lobster chowder from New England, the olive bread pizza from Italy...

I guess I'll just have to go back next year!

Your reviews made me hungry thank you for sharing.::yes:: :wave2:

Great
Thanks very much for this - we'll be there in just over a week's time.

The Maple glazed salmon was high on my list anyway - great to see that you've given it a big 'thumbs up'

Only trouble is that I've ticked way too many 'want to try's' - would have to go to Epcot every day for a week to get through them all - obviously I need to start narrowing them down and posts such as this will help me do just that and prioritise.

Pigby, I saw a lot of people going from stand to stand and trying something from each place. I portions are small so maybe you'll be able to get through your entire "want to try" list :D. Good luck!

I agree, portions are small so there's no problem eating thru your list! I recommend the spinach pie at Greece - my favorite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter