slo’s WEDNESDAY 6/12 poll - Guacamole 🥑

Guacamole - What’s your opinion of it and What type(s) do you enjoy? (m.c.)

• I love it 💚

Votes: 65 55.1%
  • I like it 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 14 11.9%
  • I somewhat like 👍🏻

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • It’s edible 😐

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I don’t like it 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • I can’t eat guacamole

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I like it chunky

Votes: 59 50.0%
  • I like it classic/smooth & creamy

Votes: 45 38.1%
  • I like it spicy

Votes: 35 29.7%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Guacamole is something that many of us can’t get enough of - we can eat it anywhere, and on/with almost anything. So, let’s talk about the green stuff today…..

What’s your opinion of guacamole?🥑
If you like guacamole, what type(s) do you enjoy?
(m.c.)

For Me……I love love love guacamole 💚. I love it chunky, like it classic/creamy, don’t like it spicy. I’m making taco & tostadas for dinner tonight and I’m serving guacamole with them, which is what inspired this poll today 🙂👍🏻. I love having leftover guacamole, because then I put it in my turkey wrap for lunch the next day - yum! DD20 loves avocado toast, so she’ll use some leftover guacamole too. I never worry about throwing leftover guacamole away.
IMG_1738.png

I will eat it anyway it comes, except for the store bought packages. They all taste like chemicals to me.

I make mine with lime, salt, garlic, jalapeno.

I like it a little bit. I prefer salsa with chips, and I don’t think I have ever had guacamole except with chips.

I know it is popular. I have also heard that once you acquire a taste for it, you will absolutely love it. I have yet to achieve that. I just do not like it. When I order, I will even tell them to leave it off.

Salsa however, is an entirely different story. I cannot get enough of that. If it was socially acceptable, I would probably just eat it with a spoon. :rotfl2:

I like it a little, and when I do eat it, it has to be spicy. It's funny, because I love avocados but can take or leave guacamole. I don't eat tortilla chips that much, either.

I like it with some chunks.
Not spicy, that's for other things :)
Not store bought, I agree it tastes like chemicals.

I also like avocado dip.....I still need to teach my daughter how to make it. She asks for it every holiday.

I love it - chunky or smooth! Of course I like fresh too, but I also buy the little mini cups in the store because they are so convenient.

I love having leftover guacamole, because then I put it in my turkey wrap for lunch the next day - yum! DD20 loves avocado toast, so she’ll use some leftover guacamole too. I never worry about throwing leftover guacamole away.
How do you keep it from turning brown?

It’s OK, healthy and easy enough to make. I really don’t like Mexican food but on those rare occasions we have tacos or quesadillas, I always serve guacamole as a condiment. I like it heavy on the lime and garlic, no heat, and a spoonful of chunky salsa mixed in. The brightness of the tomato balances out the fat of the avocado.

I love it but it's full of calories and I'm trying to lose some more weight. Trader Joe's has a Reduced Guilt Guacamole that has yogurt in it--30 calories for 2 tbsp. Not as good as the real stuff but tasty and the calories work for me.

I eat it often and really enjoy it. Not something we ate in my family growing up but I'm glad I found it later in life. It's a pretty regular purchase for me now.

I like it, usually the smooth version. Don't have it often because I'm the only one that will eat it and I have to eat all of it before it goes bad.

I love it. I prefer it chunky, but smooth is fine too. We never get the pre-made. I like it to have a bit of spice. Avocado, lime, chopped tomato, jalapeno. I like a bit of cilantro in it too.

How do you keep it from turning brown?
When we have leftovers, we smooth it flat in the container it's in, and then place a piece of plastic wrap on top, pressing it directly on the guacamole, to reduce contact with air as much as possible.

I love guac! Most of the guacs you see here have some chunks to them, especially since tableside guac is another popular feature at many Tex-Mex/Mexican restaurants. I've come to distrust creamy guacs. It's one thing if it's an avocado salsa verde, but some are mass produced guac "products" that have a lot of fillers and preservatives. I'm not a huge fan of spicy guac, but I know it's popular. The most I like in mine is some extra cilantro, and maybe some diced tomato and onion.

I like creamy and love chunky. i make it often at home. We're having fajitas for supper tonight and I will make guacamole to go with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter