Votes: 9 22.5%
  • I play games, shop or something else

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Using your phone in bed is a big no no according to doctors and sleep experts. For those that don’t know why, here’s the reasons ⬇️

IMG_1897.jpeg

Many of us, my DD21 being one of them, ignore these reasons and use their phone in bed anyway. When she tells me she slept poorly, I always tell her to put the phone away and that should help. Give us your answer today…even if it’s while you’re in bed - LOL!…..

Do you use your phone in bed?
If yes…..do you text, look at social media or watch videos?
(multiple choice)

For Me…….No, I do not use my phone in bed. In fact, I try to not use my phone an hour before I go to bed. My phone goes into sleep mode from 10pm - 5:15am and the only texts and calls that will go through are from our parents and DDs. I’ve always taken sleep very seriously, so I do my best to not have anything interfere with my sleep unless it’s unavoidable.

IMG_1896.png

I would say I use my phone in bed pretty frequently. I just do it for short amounts of time because I will usually fall asleep, or be getting up soon. It's for the last minute looking up something or checking the weather before I get up.

I don't use it in bed but it is on the bedside table next to me in case my son calls. I do read my kindle in bed before I go to sleep. If hubby isn't home I also turn the TV on music to sleep to. I only get around 5 hours of sleep a night, if I'm lucky I get 6 so reading helps me at least fall asleep. I can't remember the last time I slept the entire night, even with just the 5 hours. I also don't take naps. It's not that I wouldn't like to sleep more, as I've gotten older my body just says nope, I have all sorts of aches and pains, I wake at every little noise and once I'm awake I can't go back to sleep. I seem to function fine on the 5 hours I get but thankfully I'm retired.

I use it a few times a week to scroll through Instagram while in bed. I have no sleep problems; in fact, I have to stop myself from sleeping too late.

Never used my phone in bed - it’s charging across the room nowhere near my bed - but I’m usually on it before I go to bed looking at things
I never use sleep mode - too many times someone needed to contact me about an emergency and it may not be a family member so I would not know who to Allow and who not so I just don’t bother and it’s been a good thing I didn’t on several occasions -

I technically use my phone in bed almost every night, as I usually listen to an audiobook to fall asleep, but for that I'm not looking at the screen, so it is less of an issue.

I do occasionally go on Instagram or the DIS in bed, but I try not to do that for too long.

No phone or TV in my bedroom. When I was a substitute teacher I had a landline near my bed but I disconnected that soon after I retired.

I dont often get on my phone at night but almost every morning before I get out of bed. I’m tired and lazy and just don’t want to get up so I check the weather and news before getting up

I know I shouldn't, but I do use mine in bed almost every night. I play a word game or some mindless game just to decompress and turn my mind off.

Never used my phone in bed. My life doesn't revolve around the use of my phone. I turn it off when going to bed and leave it to charge on the counter in the kitchen overnight. We still have a house phone where others can reach us. If there is some crisis with a relative that lives hundreds of miles away, there isn't much we are going to be able to do about that at 3 am anyway.

Last edited:
I never use my cellphone when I am in bed. I turn my cellphone off and leave it in the kitchen. We have a house phone so family will be able to reach me if necessary. And my husband and son leave their phones on.

I only use it in bed if one of my kids texts me (usually DD).
And it is short. I keep it by my bed or on the jewelry chest charging.

However, I use my Kindle every night. That is my relaxing time and I have 3 games I like to play before I turn off the lights. Sometimes I will turn on a TV show, but that is not often.

I rarely use my phone in bed. If one of our kids sends me a text I answer it but that’s about it. I do use my iPad in bed though. I watch movies, play Hay Day, check Facebook and usually fall asleep watching repeats of Chopped or Beat Bobby Flay.

No phone in bed. I fall asleep almost immediately when I get in bed, I guess that's lucky.

I use mine in bed nearly every night. I know that the blue light is bad, but I use this time to gradually turn down my brightness settings to do sort of a sunset effect with my brain. I start out on max brightness and the more I dim the screen, the more sleepy I get. What I look at/do varies, but I also have my Sleep Machine app going in the background to add to the sleepy vibes. My phone is my alarm clock, so it stays near my bed.

Phone sits next to the bed, unused, at night.
Don’t do twitter, mutter, clock tok, FB (whatever it’s called now) or instagram.
I do watch TV on my tablet in bed though.

🙋🏼‍♀️ ok, I’ll admit it. I use my phone in bed daily.

I know it’s not the best for you but I do it anyway. 🫣

I do need background noise, my mind races in silence, to fall asleep. Usually, I will just listen and not watch.

Yep, pretty much looking at my phone every night before I go to bed. We sleep with the TV on as well - so we're probably breaking all kinds of sleeping rules. :rolleyes1

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest