slo’s TUESDAY poll - Krakus Polish Ham

Krakus Polish Ham - What’s your opinion on this lunchmeat?

• I love it

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I like it

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I somewhat like it

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • It’s just ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will eat it, but will not buy it

• I don’t like it

• I don’t like any ham

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I’ve never tried it

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I’ve never heard of it

Votes: 64 78.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you eat Krakus Polish Ham?
If yes, how much do you like it?

For Me…..I have it in my fridge probably 80% of the time.
We all like it here for a sandwich at lunch time.
I’m making a ham sandwich in about 5 minutes for my DD18s school lunch.

It’s a brand of deli meats. They sell more than ham.

I sometimes buy it, but it’s not sold in the market I frequent most often.

I have never heard of this brand, nor "polish ham." Is polish ham different than other kinds of deli/lunchmeat ham? I'll eat deli ham, but we usually buy Sara Lee, I think.

Krakus is a higher quality deli ham. If I'm going to eat deli ham, which isn't very often. It will be Krakus. My wife and older son love it and I have purchased it while driving through the Chicago area to bring home for them. I can get it occasionally at my local Piggly Wiggly, but Kroger and Festival don't have it. Meijer might carry it in all of their stores.

I eat a ton of ham sandwiches but almost always buy pre-packaged from the meat section, not deli-sliced. I’ve never seen this particular product.

Never heard of the brand but I’m are in Canada.

It is the same as polish sausage? That I have had and like.

No, it’s deli ham. Mostly sold sliced-to-order, but they do have 3 and 5 pound “uncanned”hams and packaged pre-sliced.

I like it!

It was in my household growing up. MY dad had a ham and cheese sandwich packed in his lunch almost every single day and Krakus was the ham. Our cat at the time also loved Krakus ham. As soon as the fridge door opened she was there and dad always gave her a piece.

I have never heard of this brand, nor "polish ham." Is polish ham different than other kinds of deli/lunchmeat ham? I'll eat deli ham, but we usually buy Sara Lee, I think.

No, there really is little if any difference than any other imported deli hams. Just a matter of personal preference.

Poland is noted for high quality ham. It might be a marketing thing, like French wines have this aura of superiority.

Don’t get me wrong, Krakus IS a higher quality deli ham. Real, minimally processed, not “ham and water product” or even worse from what I’ve seen, “ham, water, and binder product.”

I like it. We rarely buy sliced ham now but as a kid, my folks made us ham sandwiches quite a bit. I know Krakus was a word heard often at home.

A couple pictures might help here.

For deli slicing

Canned ham

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest