slo’s TUESDAY 6/18 poll - Court Witness

Court Witness - Have you been one, What type were you & When were you? (m.c.)

• Yes - I’ve been a witness

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • No - I have not been a witness

Votes: 56 82.4%
  • Expert witness

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Eye-witness

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Character witness

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • This year 2024

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 2000 - 2023

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 2014 - 2019

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • 2013 or longer ago

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Other - Please post your answer

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
There are 3 different types of witnesses……

IMG_4061.jpeg

Share with us today…..

Have you ever been a witness in a court of law?
If yes….what type of witness were you?
How long ago were you a witness?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I was an eye-witness in a small claims court proceeding over 30 years ago. The doctor I work for has been an expert witness multiple times in the 13 years I’ve worked for him. He has a court proceeding coming up soon, which is what inspired this poll.

IMG_4059.png

Last edited:
Witnessed a document being signed and testified to that fact.

Testified as to the veracity of corporate operational docs and as an eyewitness to different transactions.

Witnessed in state civil court, landlord/tenant part; state supreme court, various civil parts and small claims court which I think is municipal.

I have never been a court witness, but I used to work for a guy who was considered an expert witness and would be called to testify in drug cases. I ran lab samples for him, so my "work" was cited in court when he'd be hired to testify.

I was subpoenaed and sat in the courthouse, but never called to the stand to testify.

--->
I have never been a witness in a court case. I am kind of happy about that. I really want to be on a jury sometime though.

I was deposed as an eye-witness (to a fall accident at my workplace) but the case never went to court.

Nope, although I was supposed to testify in a case that directly involved me. I sat in the courtroom but then the defendant changed their plea and cooperated at the last minute. It was quite the crazy case. When my son was born in the 90s (Kansas), I was still active-duty. He was delivered via c-section in a civilian hospital. I was prescribed a narcotic for pain, which I actually never filled. A couple of days after I was released from the hospital, my doctor's nurse called me to verify "where" I wanted the prescription filled because typically it would be at the military base. I told her I hadn't and didn't want to fill it. She asked, "You didn't call us?" Someone had called the office pretending to be me. They realized they had identified the *someone* who had been doing this often. The lady or her son would go through files at the hospital, knew the drug was prescribed to c-section patients, and then call the doctors' offices pretending to have the prescription phoned in to a local pharmacy. It apparently had been going on awhile with multiple doctors and they couldn't identify who it was. My military connection was unique enough that it helped the police set up a sting and arrest the woman and her son.

I was a Jury foreman years back but that was the only court experience I had.

No, never been a witness in a court case. Thank goodness too, I would have died of anxiety.

No, but my wife got subpoenaed once as part of her job as the video archivist for a TV station. Usually when video is subpoenaed the attorneys are satisfied with a letter saying they have provided all the video requested. This time they wanted her to appear in person. Complete waste of time. They asked her her name, if she was the video archivist, if she had provided all the video requested and if she is related to a nationally known TV Journalist who has the same last name (we are not, that we know of). 4 hours at the courthouse for 2 minutes on the witness stand. .

No, I’ve never been involved in any kind of court action before. Soon though. :scared: I’ve been tasked with representing my company in a small claims case. I’ve done all the research, filed the documents and participated in the pre-trial, which was via Zoom. We’re now just waiting for a court date, which may either be in-person or also via Zoom.

I was supposed to be a witness for the defendant in an accident case, but before being called into the courtroom the case was settled. The plaintiff’s case apparently wasn’t going well and they accepted a small payout to go away.

I was brought into be a character witness in a civil suit between two neighbors but it was settled that morning as everyone sat in the courthouse. Thankfully the problem neighbor moved just after that. It was in 2008.

Before I had children I worked as a claims adjuster. I testified two different times about what I had seen when investigating different accidents. Once was in civil court with a jury probably around 1998 and the other was just in an arbitration hearing without a jury around 2000. I had left the company by then.

I wrote other because it’s for one of the ds.
He just was deposed and gave the pre trial deposition via zoom. The lawyer said he would get back to ds in 6 months to a year. If the family doesn’t settle he will have to testify in court. He is only a witness.
Now he just gets another deposition as a witness. They are sending him paperwork.
How do they think people remember stuff from three years ago?
This is healthcare related. He’s getting first hand experience in our litigious state.

Nope. Came close. I've been named as a witness in a court case and provided recorded testimony, but it was resolved before it went to trial.

I was a witness in an arbitration case between my (ex) client and the investment clearing firm we introduced their business to. It was the first of several arbitration cases this client had brought against multiple firms.

I was on the stand for nearly two full days. At one point one of the attorneys had to be asked to “drop the dramatics” because he was trying to shake me. As one of the other attorneys later told me “it’s like he got his degree by watching Matlock”.

I have been a party to a criminal case but they never went to trial. I did give a victim impact statement on one of the cases.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest