• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s TUESDAY 4/23 poll - Stencils 🔠🔢

Stencils - Do you have any at home & how often do you use them? (m.c.)

• I do have Stencils at home

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • I do not have Stencils at home

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • I use them several times a year

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I use them a few times a year

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I use them about once a year

• I don’t know the last time I used them

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • I don’t use them - they are for someone else

• I have never used Stencils

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Stencils are a must for many of us when we, or our kids, want to make a poster. I think they were used more in the past than today - I’m not sure, it’s just a hunch. My question for today……

Do you have any stencils in your home?
How often do you use them?
(m.c.)

For Me…….I did have stencils in my house, but I just gave them to my mom for her to make some posters. I’ll vote no, since I told her I don’t need them returned, and are no longer in my house. I had them for when my girls made posters for school. I, myself, haven’t used them in many many years.

IMG_3760.jpeg

Oh! I thought you meant home stencils like for walls, furniture, floors etc.

No, never had the kind you are writing of and now I’ll change my poll responses 😊

oooh, blast from the past. Growing up, had to have a couple of sets of these for our posters and projects. I think there are some around here that the kids might've used. I'm going to have to try and find those now.

I do but have not used them in ages and I’d be days trying to find them but I’ve got them somewhere 🤔🤔

Cricut and other cricut like machines have replaced stencils in many homes.
One of the most amazing marketing strategies of the 21st century.
QVC, HSN, et al. deserve accolades for selling truly expensive scissors.

I used stencils as a kid. My kids all used vinyl lettering.

One of the most amazing marketing strategies of the 21st century.
QVC, HSN, et al. deserve accolades for selling truly expensive scissors.
For crafters they are game changing.

My wife and daughter both make class shirts each year. No expensive scissors could cut the patterns of iron on vinyl that the cricut cuts.

We do have stencils, but not for kid posters or anything like that. Posters are usually just hand drawn/written or we use precut numbers and letters.

I have a couple of sets for painting our street numbers on our curb. They have been sitting dormant for at least 4 years and I may just pay someone to do it next time. My other stencils are for cake work. I don't think I've ever successfully used those. 3D letter molds and hand painting seem to yield a much nicer result.

I have some shape stencils in my scrapbooking stuff - the kind you use to cut a photo into a heart or star or something.

And I gave some young relatives a set of lettering/drawing stencils recently as well. I used to love making pictures with them when I was a kid.

I no longer have them and can't remember the last time I used them. I used to have them for scrapbooking but got rid of much of my stuff when we moved since I hadn't scrapped in years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter